Nostalgia problem.

• Nostalgia problem.

Nostalgia is depressing so it fits in this thread. :/
      Anyway...:(
      I've had this nostalgia problem for like, ever. I have wonderful memories, making part of my nostalgia normal, but the problem is...I can't help but to want to live some of them again, sometimes up to it become abnormally depressing. I'm pathetic, I know.
      I have been able to realize a few causes of my nostalgia are depression, loneliness and wanting to correct a few things that have happened in the past. Yea almost everyone has those feelings, I know.
      But the real problem is that this is bugging me. It has been one part of my teenage depression that I've tried to rid of. How do I correct this problem with my ever-annoying nostalgia?
      ...see me....feel me...touch me....heal me....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Nostalgia problem.

Well I mean I think that's pretty normal. If it has something to do with an old relationship or friendship, something like that, I definitely think it's normal. I'm not really sure how you can fix it as I've never experienced it to a far extent and I can't recall anyone I know having this kind of problem .

Everyone wants to have a second chance to go back in the past and correct mistakes they've made, but we can't. It's part of life, we have to accept our mistakes and move on. As hard as that might be. But really, you are probably the only person that is still worrying about it. It's in the past, done with.

I'm not sure how you can correct the problem, there's not much I know about this. I'm sorry. =/ PM me anytime if you wanna talk about it =]

Best of luck :)

-Hanna
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year,
      and i'm so sick of watching while
      the minutes pass as i go nowhere. <3AllTimeLow[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

theres so many things that i want too go back and correct or relive about my past that reading your thread made me question whether i was nostalgic tbh..
      i personally dont think theres anything wrong with wanting too change/relive your past but you need to accept that life doesnt work like that im afraid..
      if this really is bugging you then i suggest speaking to a psycolagist, they will be able to help you come to terms with things..
      hope things get easier for you :)
      Life is HARD- After all.. It KILLS you!

I agree with the others. If you are truly bothered by it, and its within our limits to fix.. then I would go back and try to recorrect the problems whether it was a bad breakup with an ex or you did something behind your friends back.

However, if they are things that can't be changed, then whats the point of fixating on them? You can imagine 24 hrs a day of a different outcome, but it won't do you any good besides make you more depressed. I too suggest talking about it whether it be venting on this site or talking with a friend.

Try and keep busy with new things so that you can create new memories so that you won't have time to focus on the past. Goodluck! :)

Like what has already been stated, everyone has feelings of nostalgia.. for the most part it isn't really bad for you, just rather frustrating. However, dwelling in the past for too long can stunt you from enjoying what is happening in the here and now. Unfortunately, the only cure that I know for this is willpower. Stop always focusing on the past, enjoy and live in the present time and look forward to the future. I think nostalgia is leading you to your depression, rather than the other way around.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Hi :)
      The decisions we make, especially in our teenage years, are what make us the person we become later on in life. Everyone makes mistakes, and it's the fact that you want to go back and correct them that makes you a good person. Making mistakes is not a bad thing, not regretting them is. You have to let go of what has happened in the past so that you can enjoy your future. Bad memories can kill you...good memories can save your life.

It's true that your nostalgia will make it more difficult for you than for others to overcome your teenage depression, but to be honest, most teenagers get depressed sooner or later. I think that most of us simply grow out of it during early adulthood. It's time for you to start acting against the nostalgia before you even consider trying to sort your depression out.

I am no expert on nostalgia, but I am guessing that you could see your doctor for a reference. S/He will put you in touch with someone who can help you get over your nostalgia, if you explain to them that you wish to reduce it, if not get rid of it, in order to start working against your teenage depression. If I were you, I would not accept medication, because for young people this can have devastating consequences. "Oh I'm so happy I could jump off a building".

Good luck.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

I know how it feels to want to go back and fix things. I would love to believe me.
      But when you make a mistake, the big thing is, you need to learn from it.

If its about a past relationship, maybe you broke up with someone and didn't mean to and want them back, then get ahold of them and try to fix it.
      Or if its a friend you lost, then try to get them back.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you can do to fix it. I have good memories and I have bad. I learn to accept the mistakes I made and move on.

Just try.