adopted

• Re: adopted

Personally I would try to find them just to see who my brother and sister are. Plus it could help you see what are in your genetics or the possibility. Because when you have kids this will be important to understand how he will look and who he will be. But not just this I would like to just talk and see how their life ended up and just to catch up. It is always good to have family to help you out when you need it.

GOOD LUCK!!!
      To a new beginning.

I tell myself that i wouldn't look if i were adopted, but saying and doing are two different things. Part of it is just curiosity, and i would drive myself nuts every day if i never knew where I came from for sure. my more rational side would say that i already have parents that love me, why would i be interested in the ones that didn't want me?

Just remember that this is Pandora's Box, once you open it, there's no closing it again. Whatever you find out, you are going to stuck with forever. Just be sure you are making the decision lightly. i wish you the best with this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jenna ().

Im adopted and i half two half sisters and one half brother.
      The only difference is i knew my birth family ever since i was little. my adopted family didnt want to keep me away from where i came from.
      One of my sisters didnt know about me though..(because of my birth parents) and one day i found her on myspace and decided to tell her.
      The whole thing ended in a big tiff and basically that sister and my birth family dont talk to me now and i have an AVO out against my birth parents.
      The only biologically related person that talks to me now is my OTHER half-sister and that is because she trusts me more than them.
      Im glad i told my sister because it has made me a stronger person.
      Whether or not your brother and sister know about you i dont know but either way you should meet with them because even though i would prefer and love my birth family way more, i am glad i always knew where i came from because it is an experience you dont want to miss out on.
      Im 13 by the way.
      Izzy xx
      [SIZE=2]Nothing really rhymes with orange..........?
      [/SIZE]
    • It's up to you if you want to look for them or not. At the end of the day, we can't really tell you if you should or shouldn't, as it's a personal choice. I think, as someone said, you need to work out the pro's and con's and then decide if you think it's worth it.

On the pro side, you could have 2 close siblings you can get to know better, and it's going to be interesting finding out about them and how their life is. You also might have even more family, if say one of them has a child or something, you never know. Various places can help you trace them, and even certain adoption houses will help you as well.

On the con side, they might not want to know. Just because you exist, and are related genetically, they might have their own family unit now, and don't want to be confused meeting a brother they knew nothing about. It might be a huge shock to them, if they don't know, and it could cause some unsettlement in your family now. Have you talked to your adoptive parents about this?

I don't knoww what to suggest. Part of me wants to say do it, and find out who they are and how they are. And the other part of me wants to say be careful, as I don't want you getting hurt if they don't want to know, and rebuff your advances to contact them.
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]
    • no matter what you decide always be careful.. you have a year too think things through first anyway so that will help..
      but do not go into this situation thinking everything will be perfect because you never know what will happen.. i personally think you should find out about them just incase they have a child you have a child maybe they one day meet up get together and have an incest child.. it can happen, and is very dangerous.. so even if you dont get too know them personally having an idea about them would be a good thing
      good luck
      Life is HARD- After all.. It KILLS you!

Hi :)
      There are two sides to this - if you were to find them and meet them, then your whole life would change. You've lived your life so far now knowing, and you don't need to know them because you've lived your whole life so far not needing them, and you can keep on living without them.

However, curiosity cannot be ignored. If you go on living without never meeting them, every day it will play on your mind that you never did meet them. You'll regret it, you'll always have that image of some great, mysterious sibling that you grew up without and you'll long for them more than anything.

Personally I would find them, but that's just me. Only you can make this decision.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

If you're going to meet them, do it sooner rather than later, otherwise you will keep imagining them being great, good looking, intelligent, perfect people, and you'll be disappointed if you make too much of a high profile of them and then they aren't what you thought. Make your mind up quickly. I'm not saying they won't be great people, but just don't get too close to them before you even know them, okay? Good luck.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

If it was me, I would try to find them.
      I would because I would have a little curiosity into who I really came from, like meeting my blood brother and sister would make me feel like I found an actual piece to me.

But thats really all up to you. If you're happy the way you are with your family now, then choose if you'd like to keep it that way or look for your blood family.

I don't say real family because even though you're adopted your family you have now is your real family.