Egg Whites.

• Egg Whites.

I've heard that eating an egg without the yolk is healthier than eating it with the yolk. Apparently, the yolk contains all the fat, while the white contains all the protein. But, because eating the egg white alone tastes like shit I don't want to keep eating them that way unless it's really doing me any good. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I searched the forum looking for a topic on this but couldn't find one.
      Don't hang on. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. And all your money won't another minute buy. All we are is dust in the wind.
    • Re: Egg Whites.

Raw is the only way I have my eggs now. I feel healthier for it, mainly because of immuno befetis that come with raw eggs.

I'd advise eating the entire egg if you're buying whole eggs. Buying egg whites, in a bottle ready to drink, is OK, since they're heat treated to neutralised the avidin content, which is normally remedied by eating the yolk too which is high in Biotin, which binds with the avidin in the whites. Eating the whites only of whole eggs is pretty pointless.. the avidin really reduces the bio-availability of the neutrients in the eggs.

I assume you don't want to eat them raw.. if you do, mix them with orange juice or something, if you don't like the idea of eating them raw on their own (although they're pretty tasteless). Or just stick to soft boiled eggs.. they're the best.
      [CENTER][CENTER]Taken: Shibuya, Toto-Super Space.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      "o-shaberi Benki-kun" - "Talkative convenience container"
      Only the Japanese would give a personality to a toilet.
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Egg Whites.

Titus Pullo wrote:

Raw is the only way I have my eggs now. I feel healthier for it, mainly because of immuno befetis that come with raw eggs.

I'd advise eating the entire egg if you're buying whole eggs. Buying egg whites, in a bottle ready to drink, is OK, since they're heat treated to neutralised the avidin content, which is normally remedied by eating the yolk too which is high in Biotin, which binds with the avidin in the whites. Eating the whites only of whole eggs is pretty pointless.. the avidin really reduces the bio-availability of the neutrients in the eggs.

I assume you don't want to eat them raw.. if you do, mix them with orange juice or something, if you don't like the idea of eating them raw on their own (although they're pretty tasteless). Or just stick to soft boiled eggs.. they're the best.

Thanks abunch, friend. =] This really helps. I may try mixing it with my morning oatmeal.

morphine wrote:

But..but...dippy egg. :(

I dunno, you could do scrambled egg without the yolks?
      Or just eat it all.
      Eggs are good for you anyway.

Yuck. Thinking about eating scrambled egg whites makes me want to barf. Thanks for the input though. =D
      Don't hang on. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. And all your money won't another minute buy. All we are is dust in the wind.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dead. ().