Advice anyone?

• Advice anyone?

I'm not really sure where I want to apply to college and as I'm about to start my senior year I need to come to a decision. Also I have little knowledge of how the whole process works, which I am working on changing.

I do have a couple of problems though:

1-I am at a loss as to how I am going to pay for school. My parents have no intention of helping me pay for college, yet my dad makes 6 figures so I doubt financial aid is in the picture (but that is one of the things I know virtually nothing about so???)

2-I live in Texas and cheap in-state would help me out but I would like nothing more than to get out of this place. As a bisexual atheist I wouldn't be able to stand 4 more years in a conservative/christian environment... I've had 17 years of that at home. I know UT at Austin isn't that way but I have no hope of being accepted there.

My academic info:

My GPA is around 3.3-3.4 (not sure, I never received my transcript after the end of this year :confused:)

ACT-31 (will retake)

SAT Reading-640 (will retake)
      Math-670
      Writing-520

Also I have done little extracurricular stuff that is impressive with the exception that I am an Eagle Scout.
    • Re: Advice anyone?

Do you have some sort of education help person at school you can go to, to ask a lot of these questions to? you say your not sure where to go...use the internet, look at their websites, do research and save it.

1- I don't know what the rules are in Texas, here they go off your household income so yeah if your dad earns a lot..you won't receive a lot, there are other options though, but like I said, may differ to where you live. Have a job? every little helps...

If you stay round home it would be cheaper for living costs but if you want to get away, go for it! talk to a financial advisor at school..they usually have loads of booklets and forms and are full of useful information, after all they are there to help and gt you places.

Is it too lte to do extra curricular activites? experience will ALWAYS look good.
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nicole91 ().

• Re: Advice anyone?

Nicole91 wrote:

Do you have some sort of education help person at school you can go to, to ask a lot of these questions to? you say your not sure where to go...use the internet, look at their websites, do research and save it.

1- I don't know what the rules are in Texas, here they go off your household income so yeah if your dad earns a lot..you won't receive a lot, there are other options though, but like I said, may differ to where you live. Have a job? every little helps...

If you stay round home it would be cheaper for living costs but if you want to get away, go for it! talk to a financial advisor at school..they usually have loads of booklets and forms and are full of useful information, after all they are there to help and gt you places.

Is it too lte to do extra curricular activites? experience will ALWAYS look good.

Yeah, I plan on talking to one of those advisor people when school starts up again.

Thanks for the reply. :)