What do/did you find most challenging about puberty?

• What do/did you find most challenging about puberty?

After "how much do you masturbate" and "how many pubes do you have" lets have a more serious discussion.

What do you think (or what did you think for the older among us) is the most difficult part of going through puberty?

Physical changes? If so which ones?
      Emotional changes?
      Psychological changes?
      The differences in how you're treated by others?
      Sexual changes to your life?

Also how old were you when you entered puberty?
    • Re: What do/did you find most challenging about puberty?

I think i was 12-13 but for me the hardest part was the constant horniness... I would always get boners at the weirdest times but thankfully that doesnt happen any more
      "and the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save Us!" and I'll whisper "No." ~ Rorschach
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I entered puberty at about 11ish really.
      Hmm well once I started puberty a lot of my 'puppy fat' went, which was great :) but then on came the raging hormones, the anger and bitchiness I'd never really had before.
      Also when I was like 14/15 my periods were horrible and I was always self conscious that people could tell I was on my period. I went through a phase of random hot sweats as well, thankfully the pill actually helped this and I'm not getting them :)
      [SIZE=3]Just Be Yourself :thumbsup:

[/SIZE]

What do you think is the most difficult part of going through puberty? Uh... probably the fact that everyone is having a lot of changes all at once. Everyone being at different stages makes it really hard to pin down friendships and other such things.

Physical changes? If so which ones? I've gotten broader in the shoulders and more wiry, so now I'm tall, thin, and toned. Being tall kind of sucks, as I'm nearly 4 inches taller than all but 2 or 3 people in my grade. This serves as a noticeable way that I'm different, which doesn't do me any favors.

Emotional changes? I'm not more emotional outwardly, but how I feel inwardly and how things affect me is changing. I'm not the most popular kid, but I still care about a lot of people that I don't think really even consider me much of a friend. So that's been difficult. Still, it's all inward, I don't show/share much.

Psychological changes? I'm more conservative politically? I think this goes with the above.

The differences in how you're treated by others? Well, I'm kind of alienated a lot, as I'll be friends with 2/10 in a social group/clique. And I get a lot of "you're tall"s throughout the day. Which is dumb. I've always been tall, but never this much taller than my grade.

Sexual changes to your life? None as of yet. I still haven't had my first kiss at 15, so life has proceeded as normal when concerning my personal/sex life.

Also how old were you when you entered puberty? Uh... about 13, close to 14l. I was kind of a late starter.

Physical changes? If so which ones?
      - Pubes, shaving them

Emotional changes?
      - Hardest part? Girls...

Psychological changes?
      - I like being more mature

The differences in how you're treated by others?
      - Have more friends, more liked by everyone

Sexual changes to your life?
      - Not HAVING sex.... :cries:

Also how old were you when you entered puberty?
      - I've had pubes since I was 10 or 11

Peace & Love

I don't really remember it as being difficult. Me and my best friend were very excited about it all!
      Becomes moody wasn't great, but it never really effected my in the moment. I didn't notice the change until later.

Oh, and I started having physical changes right before I turned 10, and got my period at 11.

Ahh gettin some facial hair...im 19 and have a lil upper lip scruff but no beard insight...idk i think it runs in my family because my older brother who is 21 hass finally gotten some baby hairs on his chin lol...haha ive been gettin called the young one by my college friends because of it but im not even little..im 6'1 fairly deep voice a good weight and size...lol its juss the facial hair
      [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][FONT="Arial Black"]BOSS.[/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]"Dont ask permission, juss ask forgiveness...so forgive me...[/COLOR][/FONT]

What do you think is the most difficult part of going through puberty? Well the early teen years I was a lot less confident in myself than I am now. I think the hardest thing was suddenly having all these desires, and yet not having the courage to ask for them. Others my age didn't seem affected by as many pointless irrational insecurities and got exactly what they wanted, so I had envy to add to it all as well. Fortunately, I grew up.
      Physical changes? If so which ones? I developed at pretty much the same rate as everyone else, so my insecurities where not so much physical, I have never had a problem with my body until now actually, my current little qualm is that my hormones have slowed down, which means if I want to be fit and sexy I actually need to exercise now! Didn't get much facial hair til I was 15-16, I'm not the hairest of guys anyway. Muscles developed at an impressive rate, which was nice.
      Emotional changes? Like I said, as a child I had confidence but no desires, then in my early teens I had desires but no confidence. Now into my 20s I have desires and some confidence. I thinking the most radical changes to me where in my mind, the first three years of teenage life where a living hell but after I turned 15, everything mircaculously changed, not because of the puberty but because my luck happened to change at that point, suddenly I had friends.
      Psychological changes? Things became less black and white morally, I suddenly realised that the world wasn't a simple matter of good and evil. This is possibly what got me into the drug scene, when I learned that actions where not always as important as consequences. I realised that sometimes in order to protect a loved one, or a friend from harm one must get one's hand's dirty. It was at this age also that I actually decided to read the bible instead of just listen to priests go on and on, and it was at that point I learned that the universe is a great deal more complex than I thought, and that not everything people told me was actually true. So it was at this point in my life that I learned to be a lot less gullible, and to actually think stuff.
      The differences in how you're treated by others? These days people treat me as an adult, because I am one...I think.
      Sexual changes to your life? Nothing happened until I was 15 although I wanted it, badly. It only happened once at 15, although it gave me a new found confidence in myself that I never had before, although, nothing happened again until 2 years later. Since then however it has become more and more a real part of my life as apposed to an imaginary one, which is nice.

Also how old were you when you entered puberty? 13

The post was edited 2 times, last by dawoel ().

What do you think is the most difficult part of going through puberty? Other then emotional changes (see below) it would probably be the feelings of insecurity. The Breaking voice was also not enirely enjoyable.
      Physical changes? If so which ones? Obvious changes- grew a bit taller, shoulders a bit wider, lost a fair bit of weight,had a slight issue with acne for abot a year, that's not an issue anymore thank god.
      Emotional changes? This is where most my problems during puberty arose. It was throughout puberty that i began trying to come to terms with being gay. This was very hard as most of my friends/ family have always been very discriminative towards gay people. And I had this false thought a bit before puberty 'hey it'll be fine... it's just a phase, once i start puberty i'll be wantin' them girls!' Oh how i was proved wrong.
      Psychological changes? I went through several stages of mind-set through puberty, First i was really self-conciouse and conformed to who everyone thought i should be, and it eventually progressed to a point where i was me again and a lot happier.
      The differences in how you're treated by others? Wehn i came out to my firends i was treated as an outcast by almost everyone but my closest friends so that wasn't much fun. But now most people at schknow and they're all fine with it. Starting work was good, actually earning my own money was excellent, my parents started treating me with more respect as i wasn't asking them for monies every day.
      Sexual changes to your life? Well as you'd probably expect things were slightly more sexually active during puberty then beforehand (I'd be a bit worried if you were more active before puberty) I got my first boy friend at 15, and learned a lot.

Also how old were you when you entered puberty? 12-ish
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

What do you think is the most difficult part of going through puberty? The way relationships become more difficult - especially with parents. And how I hated myself.

Physical changes? If so which ones?: Getting fatttterrrr, though that could just have been me eating too much :p
      Emotional changes? I became very angry with the world and very jealous.
      Psychological changes? I found it difficult to like myself, I hated my parents
      The differences in how you're treated by others? Because I was angry with them my friends and my parents were angry with me.
      Sexual changes to your life? I had my first sexual encounter when I was 12 and it seriously messed with my head because he just used me (he was older - 16). Now I've pretty much come through puberty I love sex and everything that goes with it :p

Also how old were you when you entered puberty? Started my periods when I was 12, but got moody at about 11.
      [CENTER]Jusqu'ici tout va bien[/CENTER]

What do you think is the most difficult part of going through puberty? everyone else, battling over girls, the bitching, the angry rampages, the sulks, arrrggg, hated it.

Physical changes? If so which ones?: not hard to deal with, tbh i was the shortest untill i was 16, i was maybe 5 foot 4 at 15, and then 5 foot 10 after the summer of year 11. oh the acne sucked ass aswell, but mine went when i was pretty young but in fairness, i started getting spots when i was about 10.

Emotional changes? ive always been angry so thats not one. infact im probably less angry now then i was pre puberty, my sister was a bitch and used to keep me in an eternal fireball of fury though, it was a sport to her.

Psychological changes? ive become a cynical bastard, ive always been conservative. have i hell grown up :rofl:

The differences in how you're treated by others? no idea, i never notice peoples attitudes to me, people undoubtedly bitch about me, probably alot, most groups dont like me, i dont get on with most guys, i went to a spoiled bastard rich boy grammar school in a posh area, i didnt exactly fit into that category, i had no intention what so ever of conformining. as far as the rest of the world go's, i dont get treated like im 5 years old anymore anyway, everyone treats you like that till your atleast 14 i reckon.

Sexual changes to your life? what can i say :cool: there have been quite a few.

Also how old were you when you entered puberty? depends, things went in a silly order for me, id say 12

i was about 11 when i entered puberty and the most difficult part going through puberty was keeping my hormones under control. some physical change was the same as everybody else with pubes, etc. their weren't no emotional change. some psychological changes was to become more mature. these days people treat me different with other people wanting to talk and hanging out with me. i lost virginity at age 14.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]