Hate Crimes and Discrimination

• Hate Crimes and Discrimination

A good gay friend of mine got stabbed in the hometown he grew up in. He's okay thank god but for those who have been discriminated against or have had a hate crime committed against them, just remember one thing: Homophobia isn't a disease, its a defense mechanism. Those who are homophobic have something to hide behind whether it be politics or religion, whatever the reason, if you get called homophobic names (and we all know what those names are, no need to specify what they are), if you get called discriminatory names and you dont know how to respond back, just remember that the person who is calling you names is insecure about who he/she is. You know who you are and you're proud of who you are. Dont let anyone make you feel insecure about who you are as a person. Homophobic people are not only insecure about who they are but they are also insecure about their orientation as well. Just remind them of that next time they call you something inappropriate. PM me if anyone wants to talk about it. I specialize in the gay community of Pittsburgh and have been working at GLCC with teens who are having difficulties coming out and dealing with discrimination at their own schools and after school jobs.
      Thanks for listening =):)