Discover new music.

• Re: Discover new music.

gardenhead wrote:

You like Animal Collective too right? I remember a long time ago that I was talking about how that band sucked and people shouldn't listen to them (when you mentioned them in a thread). I've grown and appreciated them now though.

did you change your username because I don't recognize you. I love Animal Collective. One of my favorite bands. They do take some getting used to (I think) and I'm glad that you like them now.
      i don't sleep

apollo-might wrote:

did you change your username because I don't recognize you. I love Animal Collective. One of my favorite bands. They do take some getting used to (I think) and I'm glad that you like them now.

panicmayarise > ASVLN > gardenhead. I change my username when I feel like i've actually changed as a forum member, and a person in general. I'm more of an asshole to people now, usually.

Yeah. I remember not liking them when I initially checked them out. But I went out and got MPP and I enjoyed it. Now i'm planning on getting Sung Tongs next, then maybe Strawberry Jam after that.

Haven't dwelled into Panda's solo stuff. Which album do you recommend?

The post was edited 3 times, last by gardenhead ().

ahhh yeah I remember you saying that you didn't like them and didn't understand why people did. Haha. That's funny. Word. I understand the name change thing.

Get Feels! Favorite Animal Collective album. Sun Tongs, Strawberry Jam and Merriweather Post Pavillion are all winners too, of course (Bluish & Summertime Clothes make MPP for me)

I would start with Person Pitch it has a lot of really solid songs. I hope you like it.
      i don't sleep

gardenhead wrote:

panicmayarise > ASVLN > gardenhead. I change my username when I feel like i've actually changed as a forum member, and a person in general. I'm more of an asshole to people now, usually.

Yeah. I remember not liking them when I initially checked them out. But I went out and got MPP and I enjoyed it. Now i'm planning on getting Sung Tongs next, then maybe Strawberry Jam after that.

Haven't dwelled into Panda's solo stuff. Which album do you recommend?

holy shit, i never knew you were ASVLN, i thought you went awol
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah I got Sung Tongs awhile ago, and i'm digging it. I'm liking the overall acoustic thing of the album, which is quite different from MPP-which is more electronically driven imo.

yayitsjoe wrote:

i say that whenever gardenhead changes his (or her) name. the whole teenhut community is notified.

I really don't like people. I'm kind of a nut. I spend most of my time when i'm here on teenhut just subtley trolling people in the music section, and neg repping everyone who makes stupid threads in the Cafe. Oh the perks of being unknown. :o

Edit : And Jaco, there's a line in this song that that I think you'd really like... 0:36

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHt2CveSXqE']YouTube - The International Tweexcore Underground[/ame]

The post was edited 3 times, last by gardenhead ().

Okayy I'm into lots of different music, so I'll do an unknown band for each main genre :)

Female vocals / Pop - Imogen Heap; favourites include 'Headlock', 'Hide and Seek', 'Glittering Cloud', 'The Walk'.
      Pop / Rock - The Cab; favourites include 'Disturbia' (Rihanna Cover), 'I'll Run', 'Take My Hand'.
      Acoustic / Rock - Making April; favourites include 'These Are The Nights', 'Bailey', 'So Bad'.
      Acoustic - Chase Coy; favourites include 'Coming Clean', 'If The Moon Fell Down'.
      Country / Acoustic - Backseat Goodbye; favourites include 'Summer Drive Song'
      Rock - After Midnight Project; favourites include 'Backlit Medley', 'The Becoming'
      Metal / Rock - Dear Superstar; favourites include 'Live Love Lie', 'Can't Write A Lovesong'
      Punk / Rock - Freshman 15; favourites include 'Phoenix Can Keep You'
      Rock / Electronica - Disco Ensemble; favourites include 'Drop Dead, Casanova'
      Piano / Classical - Ludovico Einaudi; favourites include 'Le Onde', 'Eden Roc'
      Pop Rock - Girls Get All The Action; favourites include 'Got Money', 'Liars Turn Me On'
      Rap - Atmosphere; favourites include 'Trying To Find A Balance', 'Your Glasshouse'
      Electronica - Dan Scotty; favourites include 'Dripping Whett', 'Say Goodbye'
      Screamo - Devil Wears Prada; favourites include 'HTML Rulex D00D', 'Number Three, Never Forget'
      Electro - Innerpartysystem; favourites include 'Don't Stop', 'The Way We Move'
      Electro / Acoustic - Represent!; favourites include 'It's Perfect Weather'
      Electro / Hardcore - Chaotica; favourites include 'Unstable'
      Rapcore - Hollywood Undead; favourites include 'Young', 'Paradise Lost'
      Electro Pop - Aerodrone; favourites include 'Sceneboy', 'Hold Me Like A Microphone'

Think that's it... :P