I do not have interest in driving or being 16...

• Re: I do not have interest in driving or being 16...

Well when I turned 16, I was alone on my birthday. It's nothing special to me. Other people find any excuse to have a big party.
      I'm 18 and still don't drive. I hate it! It's your preference. If you don't want to drive yet, don't be forced into it.
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

Sixteen gets a bunch of hype in Western culture for the same reason 15 gets attention in Hispanic culture, and 13 gets special attention in Jewish culture - it is sort of a coming of age ceremony. I personally don't care about it that much.

As for being afraid of breaking the law whilst driving, if you are sure to avoid drinking and driving, and try not to speed, along with follow the rules set by road signs, you should be fine. It is completely understandable, however, if you want to wait a bit before getting your liscence - and there is nothing wrong with waiting either.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

a car is expensive, unless ofcourse your spoiled and your parents pay for everything. insurance is crazy expensive, the car is expensive, petrol is expensive, tax is expensive, repairs are extremely expensive, i drive a cheap nasty car because i had to buy it myself so cant afford a brand new mini like everyone else, i took my back door out, that was gonna be a coupla hundred to fix, luckily i found a new door in the exact same colour for sail for 40 quid and fitted it myself. now the throttle body is going and that is gonna be a 160 quid fix or somethin like that, i can get one off ebay for about 20 quid though and get my girlfriends big sisters boyfriend to help me fit it. (mechanic friends ftw)

insurance is about 800 quid. tax is 60 quid every 6 months i think. it does about 40 mpg but i drive like a twat so i usualy get about 30, i burn about 20-30 quid of fuel a week.

i got pulled over by a policeman for speeding recently and nearly landed myself a 60 quid fine, he let me off because i was only doing 37 and it was late at night and the road was empty.

driving is great fun though, im not really a boy racer but i do enjoy driving, im more of an internal combustion nut tbh.

i cant afford the insurance, tax and petrol next year though so im getting myself a 250 bike, twice the fuel efficiency, half the tax, twice the performance, insurance is a tad cheaper than the cars aswell.

being 16 is no big deal at all though, 16 is not a coming of age, no different than a 15 year old. as a guy you shouldnt be able to call yourself fully matured untill your dead.

Sixteen is kind of a landmark age. You're halfway through being a teenager, and you're more adult than child now.

I can see why driving would scare you though, all the things you have to pay attention to and concentrate on. But that's why you go to driver's training, to learn how to drive, and stay safe.

As for a car, it is something expensive to have, and a job would be a definite aid to get the money needed for insurance, buying the car, maintenance, and fuel. If you're in the market, go for a used import car like a Honda Civic. They have small engines, so they're good on fuel, and are very safe.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER] "Say those little things that don't make anyone feel better"
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by A-Trav ().