Should obese people pay for 2 seats on planes?

• Should obese people pay for 2 seats on planes?

My friend just came back from holiday and on her way back had to cram herself between to very obsese people apparently..very uncomfy for a 14 hour flight.

Personally, I think it's unfair and obese people should be made to pay for x2 seats if they don't physically fit in one. Sure, you get the odd arguement where, health complications make it not viable to lose weight but in the most circumstances it's possible. Why should people who are able to fit into one seat, have an uncomfortable flight and are only able to sit in half the seat they paid for and which they paid good money for.

What are your opinions?
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:
    • Re: Should obese people pay for 2 seats on planes?

If they actually use two seats, then sure, charge them for the two, because they are using them. But just because their size makes it uncomfortable for the person next to them does not warrant a disguting show of discrimination through forcing them to pay double what anyone else would for their seat.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

Kazaman wrote:

If they actually use two seats, then sure, charge them for the two, because they are using them. But just because their size makes it uncomfortable for the person next to them does not warrant a disguting show of discrimination through forcing them to pay double what anyone else would for their seat.

Might be seen as discrimination but I think it's rude to pay for one seat then use 1 and a half say, if it makes people uncomfortable then it means the person next to them obviously doesn't fit in their seat as they should.

Infact I wouldn't even say it was discrimination, people choose to be unhealthy and so therefore not able to fit in one sit, time to face reality really. If peopel were discriminated on their race, height etc somethign they cannot help then fair enough, but weight?
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

Nicole91 wrote:

Might be seen as discrimination but I think it's rude to pay for one seat then use 1 and a half say, if it makes people uncomfortable then it means the person next to them obviously doesn't fit in their seat as they should.

Infact I wouldn't even say it was discrimination, people choose to be unhealthy and so therefore not able to fit in one sit, time to face reality really. If peopel were discriminated on their race, height etc somethign they cannot help then fair enough, but weight?

If they take up one and a half seat, then I would agree to adding 50% of the charge per seat to their price. Anyhow, sometimes weight can be caused by genetics more than bad habits, and unless the person chooses physical activity and excercise as the centre of their lifestyle they will get at least a little obese.

I knew a lady who ate nothing except healthy food, and in good portions, and who went for daily walks and all, and yet she still could not get skinny, and was always mildly obese.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

I don't mind that as much as FUCKING CRYING BABIES ON THE FUCKING PLANE!

I hate, and I absolutely detest crying babies on the plane. They just won't shut up! They cry and cry and fucking cry!

I'm all for supporting a segregated cabin for crying babies and fat people.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

Sasha wrote:

Obese people should be made to pay for an extra seat occupation and excess weight. If I were to carry a 40 kg luggage when my limit is 30, I'd have to pay for the extra 10. So why should obese people be spared of that when their weight adds as much to the aircraft take-off weight?

When I buy a seat I pay for the complete seat, not for half of it. When an obese person buys a seat, he/she pays for just one - not one of his and half of mine. Make the damn fatsos and fatties realise that being fat is not only costly for the government, but to them as well.

I agree with this completley.

It's not discrimination at all, if i'm paying good money for my seat then i shouldn't be made uncomfortable because the person sat next to me can't be bothered to watch their weight.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

only if they TAKE UP 2 seats. as for a "fat-charge", that depends - ryanair were thinking of bringing one in a while ago, but it was different weights for men and women, and i think that's silly anyway. a 6'4 man is abviousl going to weigh more than a 5'7 one! And muscle...if you're an athlete, you will weigh more than a slightly fat person.
      I think you should pay for your seat and if you take up more than one, pay more (but they normally have armrests etween them, so put that down and have mr muffintop spilling out over it - he'll still be crammed into his seat and you'll have yours to yourself)
      I think this would just turn into another way for airlines to make money.
      Be who you want to be :)

I don't think weight should be the issue but their size. If they're taking up more than one seat then they should have to pay extra to have two.
      If they fit comfortably into one seat then no matter how much they weigh i don't think there should be an extra charge.

Edit:- I've just seen the above post, i agree with that one :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]