Does this guy like me?

• Does this guy like me?

Hello :) I'm new to this place lol

But anyway, there's this guy I like but I can't tell if he likes me back. Some days he'll act like he does and others he won't.

Here are some things he has done

-He is ALWAYS staring at me for starters. Even after I make eye contact with him, he's STILL staring.

-His pupils look kinda big when I give him eye contact. I heard that's a sign someone likes you, but it could be caused by a number of things, ya know?

-He leans in uncomfortably close when he's talking to me. One time we had to be partners in math class and I was looking down at the paper. He leaned in so close his hair started brushing against mine.

-I guess everyone thinks I have an annoying laugh, so everytime I laugh he says "listen to the hyenia! she's at it again"

-Everytime I'm talking to my friends behind him he always turns around at stares at us.

-When he makes jokes around my friends and when everyone laughs, he'll look right at me to see if I'm laughing, too

-He acts more masculine around me

So it sounds like he's into me, right? Well, there are other things he DOESN'T do that make me feel he's not. Like:

-He usually doesn't go out of his way to get near me.

-He rubbed his foot on mine once but I pulled away, so now everytime I put my foot near his, he pulls away

-He's like, the hottest guy in school and in the "popular" clique. I'm not.

I feel so confused. What are your opinions on this? ( sorry if this post is kinda long!!):confused:

P.S if it helps any, I'm REALLY shy around him. I'm usually loud with everyone else, but I choke up and can't even look at him when he's near me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SovietPanda: adding info ().

• Re: Does this guy like me?

Well first of all I'm going to guess he's more outgoing than you. Usually shy guys turn away when they see you're aware of them staring at you, but outgoing guys keep looking.

Not all guys act the same way. Just because he doesn't get near you all the time doesn't mean he isn't interested. Also, he might be pulling his foot away because he felt rejected. Either that or he's teasing you. So all in all, it seems like he has a thing for you.

Ask for his e-mail or find him on Facebook. You could start to get to know him online if in person is too uncomfortable. Then as you get to know him better, you'll probably feel more inclined to speak to him in real life or on the phone. But don't let his "popular" status get to you. He's just as human as you.

If he starts flirting with you, go along with it if you feel comfortable doing so. A relationship may spark out of this, or it may not. You'll never know until you try.
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

DareToDream wrote:

Well first of all I'm going to guess he's more outgoing than you. Usually shy guys turn away when they see you're aware of them staring at you, but outgoing guys keep looking.

Not all guys act the same way. Just because he doesn't get near you all the time doesn't mean he isn't interested. Also, he might be pulling his foot away because he felt rejected. Either that or he's teasing you. So all in all, it seems like he has a thing for you.

Ask for his e-mail or find him on Facebook. You could start to get to know him online if in person is too uncomfortable. Then as you get to know him better, you'll probably feel more inclined to speak to him in real life or on the phone. But don't let his "popular" status get to you. He's just as human as you.

If he starts flirting with you, go along with it if you feel comfortable doing so. A relationship may spark out of this, or it may not. You'll never know until you try.

yeah...he's MUCH MUCH MUCH more outgoing than me lol :o

Body language is good and all, but unreliable. It's also entirely possible that he does find you attractive subconsciously, but is either unaware of it, or denies it mentally. Who knows? There are too many factors to go off behaviour alone.

What does he say to you?
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bebop ().

Bebop wrote:

Body language is hood and all, but unreliable. It's also entirely possible that he does find you attractive subconsciously, but is either unaware of it, or denies it mentally. Who knows? There are too many factors to go off behaviour alone.

What does he say to you?

Well, we never really have in-depth conversations because I'm so afraid that if he got to know me, he wouldn't like me :(

He usually just ask me my opinion on things, or what I was talking about when he interrupts my conversations with friends.

All advice aside, how is he friends with your friends, yet he's popular and you're not? Idgi.

Anywho.... easiest way to find out is to ask his friends, or rather, to be subtle, ask your girl friends to ask his guy friends if he likes you. The old grapevine has never steered anyone wrong. Actually it has, but it's much easier than throwing yourself on the sword and asking him to his face.

....new thought. Try finding a way to mention that you're single. He might pick up the hint, if he's interested, but then seeing as how he hasn't made a move yet, maybe he won't. Other options: ask him to hang out somewhere, initially with friends, but try to break him away from the group. later once you get more familiar, you two can hang out by yourselves.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

I can't help but feel like he's trying to be all "macho" and teasy to up his ego...but who knows. It could be sincere.

As for the foot thing, it sounds like he listened to the message that you sent him. He touched your foot, you pulled away. He probably saw it as a red flag and figured you didn't like it. That's good that his being courteous and aware of you!

If it's sincere, he's certainly into you! But something terrible keeps wanting to tell me he's just trying to make a game out of you to up his "status" :\.

Jezro116 wrote:

I can't help but feel like he's trying to be all "macho" and teasy to up his ego...but who knows. It could be sincere.

As for the foot thing, it sounds like he listened to the message that you sent him. He touched your foot, you pulled away. He probably saw it as a red flag and figured you didn't like it. That's good that his being courteous and aware of you!

If it's sincere, he's certainly into you! But something terrible keeps wanting to tell me he's just trying to make a game out of you to up his "status" :.

He's so nice and sweet to everyone, it just doesn't seem like he'd play someone.....But then again, I can never tell :(