How Can I quit telling my parents everything?

• How Can I quit telling my parents everything?

I tell my parents EVERYTHING...it's ruining my personal life, but I can't seem to quit. as soon as I get home somewhere I tell them every little detail that happened. since I can remember, my dad has always been telling me how my sister told him everything...At first I felt pressured to tell him everything, but than I just got too used to it. & If I keep the deets to myself, I end up saying it later....i'm so angry at myself X(
    • Re: How Can I quit telling my parents everything?

start telling them lies
      [FONT="Arial Black"]“When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off"[/FONT]

i really think keeping a journal is a good idea..or like everyday call someone and just talk about what happened. when they ask "how was your day" just be like "fine" or something like that. i do it everyday..you get used to it pretty fast. :)

good luck. :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year,
      and i'm so sick of watching while
      the minutes pass as i go nowhere. <3AllTimeLow[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

I don't really see what the problem is though. I think it's good that you have an open and honest relationship with them, and you feel you can talk to them about everything that goes on in your life. I think, if anything, it should be encouraged and you should feel proud and quite happy that you're lucky enough to be able to talk to your parents in that way. I know many people who can't talk to them at all, who never take an interest in their lives, and it's very hurtful.

While I think it's good you do talk about things, I would suggest you perhaps consider a sort of filter system. What I mean is, obviously there are going to be some things that you don't want to say, or maybe expose, so you should perhaps keep that to yourself, and either make a note of it on an on-line diary or perhaps keep a diary of your own, but well hidden.

My mum has found and read my diary in the past, and even written a comment in it before, so I know how that feels. So, you might be reluctant to do it again. I know I was.

But seriously, I think it's good you can talk to them. Just remember that, it's ok to have a personal and private part to your life, and while they will love you being open with them, it's something they would expect. So, you're not being nasty or cruel by filtering some things out and keeping them to yourself. I am sure there's things in their life they don't talk to you about too =]
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

Look, it good that you have good communication with your parents, but you don't have to tell them anything you don't want. Your parents are there to care for you, they don't own you. If you don't want to tell them something, don't. Its your choice, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's nothing to feel guilty or ashamed of. If you simply feel the need to talk, tell a friend. If you feel bad about not telling your parents, rationalize it. This is your life, you are under no obligation to spill the beans to anyone.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

start by keeping little things from them, meaningless things that it doesnt matter if they know or not, then work your way to bigger things

also finding a friend who you can tell everything to without being judged could help
      we all got troubles, we all got pain, we try to hang onto love, try to keep it the same, we all got issues, i put mine in my songs, sometimes im not fine but im carrying on

My reply will sound so stupid and childish.

But when you get home, you could go and write it down in a diary or journal of some kind, this could be good cause when you are older you can look back and remember all the fun you had on those days and see how your social life expanded.

OR you could talk to a pet you could have, cats or dogs are best, they just lay on your bed and let you fuss them, you could tell them everything and they can't reply or be mean about your fun. They just sit there.

OR talk to a stuffed animal or teddy/cuddly toy. This sounds so babyish but it's better than you're parents right?

Then when your parents ask about your day you can simply tell them - it was awesome and that you and (insert name) had fun. Because you'll have told someone/something else before so your urge should have gone.

** hopefully this should be an answer. Let me know if you try any. =)
      Life is the one thing we are in control of.
      We can either let the bad times get us down.
      Or we can concentrate on the good - even when we feel that there isn't any.