It just doesn't add up.

• It just doesn't add up.

Why are some guys extremely obsessed with me and others couldn't care less? I've dated two guys (that I count as actual relationships) and both of them had been so clingy and obsessive that I had to dump them. One of which, I found this out later, already had a proposal date :eek: I'm 16, he was 18, and we had only dated 5 months...Can you say "psycho"? I've often been told that it is because I play hard to get, not on purpose though. I'm a person who needs a lot of me time. When I see the guy I'm dating everyday in school, I don't need him at my house on the weekends.
      NOTE: I'm very insecure and often go for guys that are...dumb, because I feel I'm not good enough for someone who is actually as ambitious as me. See I'm a nerd, and I have only dated slackers. It does.not.fit.
      However, when I see attractive, smart guys in school they don't want anything to do with me (in the dating sense).
      What decides which side a guy is on.
      I just want a guy who's a bit like me :(

SORRY SO LONG!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by vampireshellan92 ().

• Re: It just doesn't add up.

"Why are some guys extremely obsessed with me and others couldn't care less?"

Simply because not all guys will be attracted to you, and some of the ones who are will grow so attracted they'll be seen as obsessed.

If you aren't happy with the guys you've been dating so far because they are too clingy and not compatible with you intellectually, perhaps you should simply try to talk to some of the guys that are. It seems too good to be true, that simply by talking to people often you can develop a relationship (even in the form of a friendship), but it's how things work. You need to talk and get to know more people like you.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

Kazaman wrote:

"Why are some guys extremely obsessed with me and others couldn't care less?"

Simply because not all guys will be attracted to you, and some of the ones who are will grow so attracted they'll be seen as obsessed.

If you aren't happy with the guys you've been dating so far because they are too clingy and not compatible with you intellectually, perhaps you should simply try to talk to some of the guys that are. It seems too good to be true, that simply by talking to people often you can develop a relationship (even in the form of a friendship), but it's how things work. You need to talk and get to know more people like you.

Thanks, but somehow they never seem approachable.
      I know, of course, that some guys will not be attracted to me, but it is often my low self-esteem that holds me back! For example, the guy I saw today was surrounded by a bunch of really pretty girls that he's not dating. Yet he's on the same level, intellectually, as me. :/ Idk, thanks for the tip though

vampireshellan92 wrote:

Thanks, but somehow they never seem approachable.
      I know, of course, that some guys will not be attracted to me, but it is often my low self-esteem that holds me back! For example, the guy I saw today was surrounded by a bunch of really pretty girls that he's not dating. Yet he's on the same level, intellectually, as me. :/ Idk, thanks for the tip though

Not everyone who is the same in certain will be interested in getting to know you either - and perhaps sometimes it's even best if you don't get to know certain people. It all depends on whether you would be happy being acquaintances, friends, or even in a relationship with that person.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

Omg! Like we are so much alike! lol I feel the same way that's why I don't date guys that go to my school because seeing them everyday will kinda make me suffocated. And plus I like to keep my relationships on the DL not because I'm ashamed but because when it's in the open everyone tends to be in your bizz and that causes drama which can lead to break up. In your situation, you do not..and I repeat do not want a guy like you. I met this guy and he was so much like me he started to get annoying..to the point where we would just argue alllllll the timeeee! lol and again I get bored fast with boys...do something interesting or get to stepping!

I say that the type of guys you need to go for are: They are not butt ugly and they not fineeee(that way they aren't overly confident and self centered; or low self eestem which are the ones that are clingly because they're not use to having girlfriends. Mean; but true.)

As for the smart attractive...I'd say this time to go for it. You have to be flirty and I don't mean batting of the eyebrows..laughing at all his jokes...stalking him. Thats creepy. I mean do it so slick that you even forgot you were flirting...

I play hard to get too..but that's also my way of flirting. If the guy really wants you he'll keep trying and won't take no for an answer. ;)
      [CENTER]:kiss:(o723o8]- |5 months|- love you though. That's not gonna ever change. :love1:[/CENTER]