Being Asian is hard..

• Being Asian is hard..

Hello.
      I'm a typical Asian 14 year old, I have the typical Asian family, brothers, sisters and parents who are really strict and want me to get good grades don't really like it when i go outside and are really protective over me. I also have Asian friends but some of them well you know, "Racist". When i hang out with a different race they ask me "Why do you hang out with them?, Your Asian so you should hang out with Asians." It makes me stay up late some nights thinking "What is so wrong with other race people" It sometimes even makes me think "Am i not superior enough to hang out with other kind of races?"
      Then if i keep hanging out with different kinds of all of people start talking smack about me and call me a "Twinky" because apparently "Asians are suppose to hang out with asians" and that to makes me stay up late and just causes me to think and think till i eventually go crazy. It's still summer break and when school was out i was kind of happy, But now in about couple weeks school is about to start again and i need a way to avoid this. "Ignoring" this kind of things can't really help me cause if i hear it i will keep on thinking about it making me worry and not fall asleep therefore making me tired at school.
      I have some great friends that are Asian and don't really care if i hang out with other kinds of race but some that do care but i even have some greater friends who aren't Asian but i don't see them most of the day now seeing as its Junior high. I just can't ignore the people who are racist as they are good friends too.

So please give me some advice
    • Re: Being Asian is hard..

Yeah, I gotta admit ... not much you can do except find better friends. Personally, I think you're just making it hard for yourself. I will admit though, my group of friends is all Asian and only a handful of non-Asians. Quite frankly, we can't always stand non-Asians :rolleyes: Sometimes there's a bit of a culture clash
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

five55 wrote:

Hello.
      I'm a typical Asian 14 year old, I have the typical Asian family, brothers, sisters and parents who are really strict and want me to get good grades don't really like it when i go outside and are really protective over me. I also have Asian friends but some of them well you know, "Racist". When i hang out with a different race they ask me "Why do you hang out with them?, Your Asian so you should hang out with Asians." It makes me stay up late some nights thinking "What is so wrong with other race people" It sometimes even makes me think "Am i not superior enough to hang out with other kind of races?"
      Then if i keep hanging out with different kinds of all of people start talking smack about me and call me a "Twinky" because apparently "Asians are suppose to hang out with asians" and that to makes me stay up late and just causes me to think and think till i eventually go crazy. It's still summer break and when school was out i was kind of happy, But now in about couple weeks school is about to start again and i need a way to avoid this. "Ignoring" this kind of things can't really help me cause if i hear it i will keep on thinking about it making me worry and not fall asleep therefore making me tired at school.
      I have some great friends that are Asian and don't really care if i hang out with other kinds of race but some that do care but i even have some greater friends who aren't Asian but i don't see them most of the day now seeing as its Junior high. I just can't ignore the people who are racist as they are good friends too.

So please give me some advice

Find better friends. I AM AN ASIAN. I do not, and hang out with the "asians" in my school. I don't like them, I don't have anything in common with them. I personally hang out with mexicans and white people at school(althogh, the group I am in with are comprised of all but one ethnicity). For one, you have horrible friends. They are dumb asses if they think you should be held back just because you are of a certain race. You should do what YOU want to do, not what a couple or more dumb asses think you should do.

No one is ever superior to anyone, remember that. You might be better than someone in a single thing, but never in everything so no one is ever superior to anyone. You are not inferior to anyone either, so step up to the plate and get out of that mindset that you are not better than anyone, and that because you are asian you cannot go anywhere other than with asians.

Asians stick together usually because you are bound by the culture that ALL asians are supposed to share. To those who know, there are many kinds of asians from different asian countries. I'm filipino, there's vietnamese people, hmong, mien etc,. If you do not feel like you are bound by a similar culture or interests, forget about them and find others who share your interests.

Think about what I've said, instead of think about how you think you are inferior to anyone. What you do in your life is who you are, not what your race is. And fuck, this is a big old fucking reply. I'll stop, hope someshit in that makes sense, haha.

LOLFag wrote:

Doesn't happen to me. You got poor Asian friends then.

lolfag.
      Oh and what he said.

bad news wrote:

Are you going through the Gay Asian phase?

lol. Are you......:gay:?
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]

VoDKaMarine wrote:

Find better friends. I AM AN ASIAN. I do not, and hang out with the "asians" in my school. I don't like them, I don't have anything in common with them. I personally hang out with mexicans and white people at school(althogh, the group I am in with are comprised of all but one ethnicity). For one, you have horrible friends. They are dumb asses if they think you should be held back just because you are of a certain race. You should do what YOU want to do, not what a couple or more dumb asses think you should do.

No one is ever superior to anyone, remember that. You might be better than someone in a single thing, but never in everything so no one is ever superior to anyone. You are not inferior to anyone either, so step up to the plate and get out of that mindset that you are not better than anyone, and that because you are asian you cannot go anywhere other than with asians.

Asians stick together usually because you are bound by the culture that ALL asians are supposed to share. To those who know, there are many kinds of asians from different asian countries. I'm filipino, there's vietnamese people, hmong, mien etc,. If you do not feel like you are bound by a similar culture or interests, forget about them and find others who share your interests.

Think about what I've said, instead of think about how you think you are inferior to anyone. What you do in your life is who you are, not what your race is. And fuck, this is a big old fucking reply. I'll stop, hope someshit in that makes sense, haha.

lolfag.
      Oh and what he said.

lol. Are you......:gay:?

Ok thanks

jaco123 wrote:

i am what you call a bannana

yellow outside, white inside

Fuck being a banana, its better to be a twinkie. You're a guilty pleasure :p
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by VoDKaMarine ().