Help please.

• Help please.

my best friend; she's drinking til she passes out, cutting herself, hiding pills in her room... she thinks she has the worst life in the world, and just wants it to end.
      my friend and I know something's wrong with her, and we told her to talk to a parent, somebody.

she told us she's going to see a therapist, which is an absolute lie. she told us she wouldn't forgive us if we told her parents.

what the heck are we supposed to do about this? and do you think she has depression or another mental illness?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

bump

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

bump
    • Re: Help please.

def0120 wrote:

my best friend; she's drinking til she passes out, cutting herself, hiding pills in her room... she thinks she has the worst life in the world, and just wants it to end.
      my friend and I know something's wrong with her, and we told her to talk to a parent, somebody.

she told us she's going to see a therapist, which is an absolute lie. she told us she wouldn't forgive us if we told her parents.

what the heck are we supposed to do about this? and do you think she has depression or another mental illness?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

bump

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

bump

dont tell her parents, unless of course you want her to end her life. you need to add more details such as why she cuts, and in as much detail as possible, what she sees cutting as.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

janek wrote:

If the advice from 242victim doesn't work... tell about it to her parents...
      If u realy like her than friendship is nothing agints her health ...

(i hope u know what i mean... sorry for my english, im not native speaker...)

Do this and you will fail epically. first, identify what type of a cutter she is. if she all out has no concern for living and no concern for her parents feeling than she may/will commit suicide if betrayed. just a thought. if i were in ehr situation and someone told my parents i prolly wouldnt think twice about ending it. just some perspective before you go off doing the politically correct method
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Reach Out Australia: information and help about tough times and mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, suicide, eating disorders, bullying and relationship issues. - ReachOut Australia

beyondblue: the national depression initiative

Aussie sites, but advice is advice.
      Do you have something like kids helpline? if you do, call it yourself, and explain the situation. they would taught how to deal situations like this.

my dear you are not helping anything by keeping her secret. believe me, on some level she wants the secrets to end. i don't know you, or your friend. so i cant imagine there would be any easy or drama-free way to let someone know. if you think her parents are the right choice, then they should be the ones to find out what's going on with their little girl. if you don't think they are the right choice to tell, for whatever reason, then there are other options. but leaving all this pain in the dark will only cause destruction. there is a better way, and a better life.

Maelstrom wrote:

Not necessarily. There are ways for her to get REAL help without her parents.

I agree. You have to help her try to see that things can get better, if she tries to be optimistic. I used to be negative towards everything in life, thinking that it would never change. One day I was so frustrated that I stabbed sewing pins into my arm until they'd. Honestly, how can she stand drinking so much? A 1/3 of glass of vodka completely screwed me up. See if you can get the alcohal and pills away from her.

def0120 wrote:

bump

bump

You must be a shite best friend if she feels like that...

Wow, your friend must be going through a tough time =[
      And those such as yourself that care about him/her soo much and know what's happening.
      Considering your friend probably needs help and support, professionally aswell here, then i'd say they need to try and see someone, as it will really help your friend to overcome this. I know how hard it must be and for yourself, too. I'm sure you're supporting your friend and being there as much as he/she needs which is what the best thing is to do. Just show this as much as possible and try to, slowly, help your friend to gradually get out of doing these things. Obviously this won't happen overnight and going back to the professional topic, that is definitely needed here.

I find it extremely harsh that people can say this about someone that clearly is bothered that their friend is going through this.
      Rhys, how is it his/her fault their friend is going through a tough time?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fashion ().