Feel bad after orgasm.

• Feel bad after orgasm.

After I have sex or masturbate, I get filled with this intense feeling of guilt/regret/depression.

I used to think it was just psychological, or I felt "dirty" or something, but I looked into it more and from what I've read, it's a physical thing. Apparently after an orgasm "high" you get a "crash" due to the release of chemicals in your brain.

The only term I've heard about it is "post orgasmic depression" but I can't find much information about it.

Is anyone else like this? How do you stop it?
    • Re: Feel bad after orgasm.

sorry i don't know this feeling, but u should look for post orgasmic hangover and maybe the relationship between the release of adrenaline in the brain and ur "physical depression". since when have you masturbated cause maybe its because its ur first times and u didnt get used with this feeling.
      i hope u'll find a solution to ur problem.

Evan08 wrote:

After I have sex or masturbate, I get filled with this intense feeling of guilt/regret/depression.

I used to think it was just psychological, or I felt "dirty" or something, but I looked into it more and from what I've read, it's a physical thing. Apparently after an orgasm "high" you get a "crash" due to the release of chemicals in your brain.

The only term I've heard about it is "post orgasmic depression" but I can't find much information about it.

It's The Holy Spirit convicting you of your sin.

sorry i don't know this feeling, but u should look for post orgasmic hangover and maybe the relationship between the release of adrenaline in the brain and ur "physical depression". since when have you masturbated cause maybe its because its ur first times and u didnt get used with this feeling.
      i hope u'll find a solution to ur problem.

Well I'm 19 so I'm definitely used to orgasms. I've had several boyfriends so I'm also used to sex.

Im dnt get necessarily depressed but i do have the feeling of not wantin to do anything...like not cuddle or tlk or anything...kinda like a leave me the fuck alone type of attitude but it does pass
      [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][FONT="Arial Black"]BOSS.[/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]"Dont ask permission, juss ask forgiveness...so forgive me...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Evan08 wrote:

many people have this feeling and it's normal. those who dont, maybe not so normal. what you heard of, it makes sense. your brain was from receiving a big load of chemical to receiving much less so there is a "crash".

there's nothing wrong about it so dont feel shameful and pls, dont say sin. not at all. sin is when u hurt some one.

shame on those who use "sin" to scare others. they themselves fear of it so try to spread the fear to others so they wont be the only ones.

eastside003 wrote:

Im dnt get necessarily depressed but i do have the feeling of not wantin to do anything...like not cuddle or tlk or anything...kinda like a leave me the fuck alone type of attitude but it does pass

After the orgasm it releases the adrenaline making you go from excited to tired. Also the release of the hormones after orgasming makes different people do different things. Once I orgasm I start to think clearly again and I think its sooo funny how I think differently 2 secs before but after I orgasm I am thinking normally again.
      To a new beginning.

i-m-a-boy wrote:

many people have this feeling and it's normal. those who dont, maybe not so normal. what you heard of, it makes sense. your brain was from receiving a big load of chemical to receiving much less so there is a "crash".

there's nothing wrong about it so dont feel shameful and pls, dont say sin. not at all. sin is when u hurt some one.

shame on those who use "sin" to scare others. they themselves fear of it so try to spread the fear to others so they wont be the only ones.

The word sin doesn't scare me, I'm told it all the time. I'm openly gay and I live in a conservative, republican town. I'm not worried about anything like that. It's just the uncontrollable thoughts after an orgasm. I mean, the reason I was able to realize it was something odd is because I'm not al all ashamed of it, but I get filled with that feeling afterward. Since it's something purely physical I'm just gonna try mind over matter for a while lol.