Freshman in 7 days

• Re: Freshman in 7 days

I did not sleep at all the night before my first day of high school. i remember not much about it, but it wasn't anywhere near as terrifying an experience as i thought it was going to be. In a lot of ways, it was just middle school only with a whole lot more people and a choice of what classes you want to take.

Well, I just had my first day of High School.
      It was not that bad, other than 3 of the teachers making me want to kill myself of bordem.
      I would try to stay out of the way of Seniors. The 2 akwards moments I had were finding a seat on the bus, and finding a table at lunch. The bus thing was fine, got a seat all to myself, sooner or later all the seats got filled, and this nice Senior girl sat with me, she was good company. Lunch was fine, sat with a few 8th grade friends, it was quiet short though.

As an upperclassmen myself just don't do anything immature that might make them annoyed. I remember my first day and being told I'd get canned however, I never did. I was friendly with a lot of the upperclassmen to. Be friendly but, try not to act to cocky. You shouldn't have a problem in school unless you do something to offend an upperclassmen. :)

Good luck on your first day.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sure you might've heard some rumors about hazing. Most of them are untrue. When I went to school my freshman year, it was as if I were invisible, rather than someone to harass. Don't worry, everything will be fine. Just make sure you find all of your classes. Be open to meeting new people, and keep a good attitude. Don't let the stress break you down. Everything should go just fine. Good luck!

I actually quite enjoyed my freshman year, it was a new experience.

I was also nervous, but it subsided after about the first few days.

I mainly stayed with friends from before, then I started to meet new people.

There will be many new people there feeling the same thing. It was actually easier to make friends during the first few days then later on (since people didn't want be alone and instead group together).

As Pfat said, do your homework. Though this may not be that hard in the beginning (usually the beginning of school is when people really study) but as you get used to school and make new friends, it might become harder and harder. Just try your best to keep at it.

And yea, make sure you take time to recognize the school (know where your classes are, washrooms,etc). My first day of High School, I was late for my very first class. I didn't know where my first period class was and ended up going to a Senior math class *shudders*.

Good luck :)

I remember my freshman year... it was pretty chill. Its basically just middle school continued like most of the people here said. Just make sure to find all your friends on the first day and hang with them until you get the courage to go out of your way to join someone elses group. After a while, everyone will know you and there will be no reason to get into fights or anything like that. Just remember, DONT BE NERVOUS!!! =]
      iLikeTurtles! :o

Don't blow off homework, and try your hardest. Your grades in middle school don't matter, but what you get in high school affects the rest of your life. Do your best, and you'll get the best job and go to the best college. Some classes are blow-off classes, some teachers are slackers, but don't fill your schedule with those kinds of classes. I usually take one, but if my schedule is filled with Honors or Advanced Placement, I may throw in an extra blow-off class.

Start looking ahead. Plan for the future, and think about what you really want to do with your life. Set your sophomore, junior, and senior schedules accordingly. For example, I plan to major in Psychology in university. So I'm taking a psychology class this year. If you want to go into mechanics, take autoshop (if your school offers it). I think you get my point here. :)
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.