My Dad and I... and our fucked up relationship.

• Re: My Dad and I... and our fucked up relationship.

Hmm. People will think you're weird because you wear socks all the time. It doesn't matter what other people think, and he should know that, but obviously he does care what other people think. And you're right, whether or not you wear socks has nothing to do with him. Just tell him to stop complaining about the stupid shit or just ignore it. You could stop cussing at him though and try to talk to him in a decent mannor.

UsernameGoesHere wrote:

Well, I think it's weird for a guy to be wearing pink socks and shoes.

me too

yeah dude I can see why you would get into fights a lot, you're an asshole. He asked a simple question then you had to be rude. of course this conversation would never happen with me and my mother because i would get slapped in my face for saying "does it affect your existance in anyway?" And yeah. Stop being lame.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ch098321 wrote:

It doesnt bother me if people ask me about being bi... its just when they get all "thats wrong. blah blah blah". I dont get all in their face about being straight [or gay] so why should they be in my face about it.

and im 18

Well I'm sure people get mad at you for saying "oh its natural, its not wrong, blah blah blah."

People have different opinions about things, you have to deal with it. Sure, they don't have to be in your face about it, but you don't have to be in theirs either.

CallMeGoddess wrote:

Well I'm sure people get mad at you for saying "oh its natural, its not wrong, blah blah blah."

People have different opinions about things, you have to deal with it. Sure, they don't have to be in your face about it, but you don't have to be in theirs either.

Thats my exact point, why cant he just accept that i am the way i am? I hardly talk to him because i know it will end up with us fighting. so its normally him, who starts on me!

And i dont say to people that its natural to be bi... i dont even say anything about me being bi unless someone has a problem with it. and why must it be me who has to accept their opinion, why cant they accept mine? I dont care that they have an opinion of me, my father cares that they have an opinion of me [which most people dont].

you say i have to learn to accept other people opinions, but when do my own get accepted?

Just for the record, Im an accepting person. I dont get into arguments unless someone else starts on me. and i dont have a problem with people having an opinion of me.

This whole thread was just about me wondering if anyone elses parents and them fight as much and as seriously as my father and i.
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

Jshizzle wrote:

me too

yeah dude I can see why you would get into fights a lot, you're an asshole. He asked a simple question then you had to be rude. of course this conversation would never happen with me and my mother because i would get slapped in my face for saying "does it affect your existance in anyway?" And yeah. Stop being lame.

ok... you also think its weird. i accept that. but whatever...

And why am i the arsehole? my father is the one that come into the room and says in the most judgmental tone he could muster up "why do you always wear odd socks?". If i told you about half the petty and pathetic arguments we've had that he has started then it would be different.

And if my father/mother slapped me i'd go stariaght to the police. problem solved there.
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

ch098321 wrote:

Thats my exact point, why cant he just accept that i am the way i am? I hardly talk to him because i know it will end up with us fighting. so its normally him, who starts on me!

And i dont say to people that its natural to be bi... i dont even say anything about me being bi unless someone has a problem with it. and why must it be me who has to accept their opinion, why cant they accept mine? I dont care that they have an opinion of me, my father cares that they have an opinion of me [which most people dont].

you say i have to learn to accept other people opinions, but when do my own get accepted?

Just for the record, Im an accepting person. I dont get into arguments unless someone else starts on me. and i dont have a problem with people having an opinion of me.

This whole thread was just about me wondering if anyone elses parents and them fight as much and as seriously as my father and i.

Because you're the minority. Yours won't be accepted for a very very long time.

Why not when your father starts aruging with you just ignore it? Seems you don't know how to do that too well.

When did that turn into what the thread was about? In your first post you said "There's my story, comments?"

I thought me and MY dad had it bad. he just left me and my mom high and dry. The on;y reason he ever contacts my mom is to get laid, which my mom turns down all the time. He didn't even care that I got Social Studies Student of the Year at my school. He also doesn't care that I'm angry beyond belief now that he's gone. I have to do everything he did, and now my mom makes me do everything..... Well, sorry to detract from your problem, just had to get that out....Maybe I should start a topic.

Alucard 117 wrote:

I thought me and MY dad had it bad. he just left me and my mom high and dry. The on;y reason he ever contacts my mom is to get laid, which my mom turns down all the time. He didn't even care that I got Social Studies Student of the Year at my school. He also doesn't care that I'm angry beyond belief now that he's gone. I have to do everything he did, and now my mom makes me do everything..... Well, sorry to detract from your problem, just had to get that out....Maybe I should start a topic.

so if your mom isn't getting any from your dad....hmmmm

so ya....can i have your mom's number?

If what you say is accurate, then you are both provoking each other. He tries to pick a fight with you out of nowhere about socks, and then you throw sarcasm by asking if it effects his existence in any way. Doesn't sound right does it?
      I wouldn't be surprised if things escalated to the point where you just couldn't put up with each other. I might have ended up a bit physical in such a case... but only in a defencive way. I am glad he just left.

Well I don't think you should feel bad about eventually explaining it to your mom. I don't think judging the things you do should define what makes you not a man, but judging the things you do should define what does make you man... if you follow.

Jay_JWLH wrote:

If what you say is accurate, then you are both provoking each other. He tries to pick a fight with you out of nowhere about socks, and then you throw sarcasm by asking if it effects his existence in any way. Doesn't sound right does it?
      I wouldn't be surprised if things escalated to the point where you just couldn't put up with each other. I might have ended up a bit physical in such a case... but only in a defencive way. I am glad he just left.

Well I don't think you should feel bad about eventually explaining it to your mom. I don't think judging the things you do should define what makes you not a man, but judging the things you do should define what does make you man... if you follow.

I like that. I'm only going to be living here for another 4 months. so its not too long until i leave.
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

My dads really closed minded about homosexuality (i'm not gay or bi) and him and me fight about it because he thinks they all are a waste of air, and I think they are people just like anyone else.
      "I don't give a fuck, God sent me to piss the world off!"
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      langkawi.dk/Smileys-sex.htm
      bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm