Okay...

• You guys probably get this sorta BS all the time, but I need help. Ok, so on my first day of PE (I have 6 classes, but a different 3 on alternating days), I'm sitting with some friends who are chatting, joking, and basically having a good time. Then I look around and I notice this girl sitting by herself on the benches (this was in the school gym). After a minute or two, I decided to kill her aloneness and talk with her. So we chatted for the last 30-45 min of class, talking about school, interests, etc. The next B day (AKA Friday today), I decide to sit and talk with her for the whole class, because she sorta sits by herself on the benches.

Ok, now that the backstory is out of the way, onto the issue. She's sorta shy and quiet, but I think she might have gotten more comfortable with me because she took up the conversation a few times when it died down. She isn't like, model status, but she's REALLY pretty.

I'm thinking about asking her to Homecoming (which is on the 24th for me). Any ideas on how to get to know her better? After Homecoming, I'm hoping that she and I can go out...

Much love,

thewolflord
      "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." - Bruce Lee
      :tong:
    • Re: Okay...

Why wait until homecoming to ask her out to start with?

Asking someone out to a dance like that for a first date is always awkward, why not spend time with her before then? Just a thought.

As for getting to know her better, you are already well on your way. You are giving the right signs that you like her, she's giving signs that she likes you right back. Why not talk to her on monday and ask her for her phone number. Then you are free to text message or call her. Text messages are great because there's no real significance attached to them, you send text messages to everyone... hell, I send the people i DON'T like text messages. the point is that you can send them to her without coming straight out and saying "i really like you".

I don't think you should go that route though. She's receptive enough that I am going to guess she already likes you. I would go for her phone number or even better, see if she's able to hang out after school. I realize that might be going a little bit too fast, but it would be a way to tell her that you really are interested. It would at least let you know her reaction. (hint: if she smiles... it's a good reaction :) ) But most of all, try to arrange to do something with her outside of school BEFORE Homecoming.

I'm really, really tired right now and that all came out as one big jumble of thoughts. I hope it makes some kind of sense to you :)

i would advise hanging out with her outside of school, even as just friends for a bit, then ask her out a bit before homecoming, coz well all your friends are gonna be there and it could get awkward

or if you have some friends like some of mine, they will embarrace you infront of her lol
      we all got troubles, we all got pain, we try to hang onto love, try to keep it the same, we all got issues, i put mine in my songs, sometimes im not fine but im carrying on

Wait a second...a shy girl is difficult because sometimes even if she does like you when you ask her out, because of how shy she is, she may just say no. If she does, I'd suggest that you not take it as a sign that she doesn't like you, but maybe her personality just automatically put up that wall. So...I'd suggest waiting a while until you two are on pretty good terms.

Also, sometimes if they're shy they may just say yes even if they don't like you, and they'll live with regret all the time and they're too shy to break up with you.

My point is that you should wait a little while before asking her out, until she realizes that you're sending her signals and stuff.

Well, I think that she might be starting to warm up to me because she sometimes picked up the conversation when it slowed down. You do make a few good points though, so I'll definitely take more time to just get to know her. Thanks. :)
      "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." - Bruce Lee
      :tong:

Ready wrote:

Wait a second...a shy girl is difficult because sometimes even if she does like you when you ask her out, because of how shy she is, she may just say no. If she does, I'd suggest that you not take it as a sign that she doesn't like you, but maybe her personality just automatically put up that wall. So...I'd suggest waiting a while until you two are on pretty good terms.

Also, sometimes if they're shy they may just say yes even if they don't like you, and they'll live with regret all the time and they're too shy to break up with you.

My point is that you should wait a little while before asking her out, until she realizes that you're sending her signals and stuff.

You can't spend all your time second-guessing yourself over stuff like this. You will make yourself nuts trying to guess her motives, or pick apart every thing she says or doesn't say to understand her intentions behind them. The likelihood of either of these things happening is reasonably low, I think you should try not to think of either of them unless you have a good reason to.