This isn't right.

• Re: This isn't right.

ByTor190 wrote:

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for respecting other cultures, as long as that culture deserves respect. I'd love to see every kind of people embracing every culture, as long as that culture is at peace with our values.

:thumbsup:

Of course in every culture different things are deemed socially acceptable and may not be seen that way from bystanders..
      But sexism isn't acceptable really anywhere.
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT] yahh trick.
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZebraStripes ().

ByTor190 wrote:

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for respecting other cultures, as long as that culture deserves respect. I'd love to see every kind of people embracing every culture, as long as that culture is at peace with our values.

i'd love for you to meet some of my friends, then. i am good friends with an iranian family who practice shi'a islam and they are absolutely nothing like bigots and racists would lead you to believe. they are extremely nice people and they've treated me like an extension of their family as well as my girlfriend.

just because you THINK a group of people are bad or rotten or crap because of the religion they practice doesn't make that assumption true. for every 10 that practice the religion maliciously and are radical, there are just as many who are very good people.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." [/CENTER]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

i'd love for you to meet some of my friends, then. i am good friends with an iranian family who practice shi'a islam and they are absolutely nothing like bigots and racists would lead you to believe. they are extremely nice people and they've treated me like an extension of their family as well as my girlfriend.

just because you THINK a group of people are bad or rotten or crap because of the religion they practice doesn't make that assumption true. for every 10 that practice the religion maliciously and are radical, there are just as many who are very good people.

This is why I don't come here that often. People don't know how to read.

ByTor190 wrote:

You're ridiculous. Go back and read my post. I know that not every middle eastern person is an asshole. If you got the gist I was calling every single middle eastern man an asshole, I'm sorry that my post lead you to that, and you are wrong. I certainly don't.
      [CENTER]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

and yet..

ByTor190 wrote:

They're not just assholes for the fun of it, they're assholes because of their culture. A culture that demeans women and views them as objects, covers them up so that they won't be raped, and when they are raped punishes them for it, a culture where women are used as scapegoats for erectile dysfunction and sent to death for it* deserves no respect whatsoever, and you are certainly not obliged to respect it for fear of being a bigot. Hating the haters certainly does not make you as bad as them.

nobody forces you to come here. you need to learn how to voice your opinion in a clearer way. you're generalizing. that's what this is.

ByTor190 wrote:

They're not just assholes for the fun of it, they're assholes because of their culture. A culture that demeans women and views them as objects, covers them up so that they won't be raped, and when they are raped punishes them for it, a culture where women are used as scapegoats for erectile dysfunction and sent to death for it* deserves no respect whatsoever, and you are certainly not obliged to respect it for fear of being a bigot. Hating the haters certainly does not make you as bad as them.

happily.

Hi, I agree on you, women must be respective and treated well. Women has also have worth in this society. They also human, they have right to treat as human also.

Here is one of Sharia Laws:
      Women did not have all their rights under the Shah. Sharia Law was the law in Iran prior to 1979. The Islamic Sharia law was the basis of family, marriage and women's rights in Iran. As an example, the law permitted men to have four permanent and as many temporary wives as they wanted. Custody of children was in the hands of the father and after his death, in the hands of the male relatives on the father's side. So if the couple were divorced, even after the death of the father, the mother would not get custody.
      [FONT=Courier New, monospace][SIZE=2]I've always loved movies, art and clothes. And comfort is really important when we are selecting our womens nighty, Chemise de nuit, and lingerie de nuit. [/SIZE][/FONT]

ya i know what you mean, i was in a foreign country, and we were staying in a predominantly muslim part of the country and there were alot of girls with us and the guys looked at them like complete and utter dirt, and there were no women apart from the ones travelling to be seen anywhere, it was quite scary!!! but i agree, they should try at least to be kind if they are in another country!!!