Should i do this?

• Should i do this?

First off, im kind of looking for attention, but in a way that it will help me. i really dont want to tell my parents im depressed, been now for a year, i just hide it really well. so in this food and nutrition class, we watched a video on anorexia and i was thinking. if i pretend to starve myself, never eat in front of my parents, but eat at school, secretly, they will think i need a psychiatrist and then i can talk to the psychiatrist and tell him im depressed. stupid idea? btw i could never kill myself, but even during school i get these images in my head of my family crying at my funeral, or living moping around because i killed myself. then i think i could never do that because how down i always feel, my mom especially is always buying me stuff, and well yea you get the picture...
    • Re: Should i do this?

:(
      No, you shouldn't do that.
      I think if you're wanting help, you need to just straight up tell your parents the truth, tell them how you've been feeling. I'm sure they'll understand and be happy to help you.
      Why are you hiding it from your parents in the first place?
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT] yahh trick.
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

No, no and no. Please don't. If you start this you may only be making the problem worse. It's not an easy thing to get out of once you start; an addiction that is really unhealthy and probably extremely difficult to handle too i imagine. I think it's important that you see someone to help you get over thinking this. You must be going through a tough time with feeling like this and may just need support to get through it. Trust me, it's the best thing you can do to get right again. Don't try and starve yourself though. We always have ways of getting through problems in life, these may only seem the only ways of doing it, but trust me they're probably the worst.

ZebraStripes wrote:

:(
      No, you shouldn't do that.
      I think if you're wanting help, you need to just straight up tell your parents the truth, tell them how you've been feeling. I'm sure they'll understand and be happy to help you.
      Why are you hiding it from your parents in the first place?

dad: well im not sure. we dont get along much.
      mom: im just not sure what she would say

ive also been noticing my temper has changed alot. when im watching my brother, like yesterday, he was playing on accidentally knocked over a picture, didnt break, and i started yellin at him and getting sooo mad, then 5 seconds after, i felt terrible and apologized to him and started cryin for an hour, i tried occupying myself but i couldnt not think of anything else

They'll most likely support you.

you may have anger issues or struggle controlling your anger. ive had this too and have struggled calming myself down. I'm always advised to try and do some relaxation exericises for it. I imagine having some sort of punch bag would be good to release it also:]
      If your parents arent already noticing this already, id definitely tell them.

CalifornianDream wrote:

They'll most likely support you.

you may have anger issues or struggle controlling your anger. ive had this too and have struggled calming myself down. I'm always advised to try and do some relaxation exericises for it. I imagine having some sort of punch bag would be good to release it also:]
      If your parents arent already noticing this already, id definitely tell them.

i only seem to feel super mad when im really depressed, im almost always feeling down, but when im really feeling bad, thats when my temper rises. other than that i dont let things bother me much.

I can be like this in times, it always helps to eat.
      But If you go to a school, you can talk to your teacher.
      I know the healthcare is different from America to Norway. So I don't know if you have free psyciatrists there.

Try talking to your teacher or someone older. Might help alot. And remember to eat healthy, exercise and sleep enough.
      [color="#0000ff"][center][size=1]Who is right and who can tell,[/size]
      [color="#ff0000"]and who gives a damn right now
      [/color][/center][/color]

Dufantut wrote:

I can be like this in times, it always helps to eat.
      But If you go to a school, you can talk to your teacher.
      I know the healthcare is different from America to Norway. So I don't know if you have free psyciatrists there.

Try talking to your teacher or someone older. Might help alot. And remember to eat healthy, exercise and sleep enough.

thanks, i've tried, i play soccer and big into it. been eating healthy, losing weight the healthy way, running 3 miles a day, but it doesnt make a difference.

and no we dont have free psychiatrists but i have a teacher i may be able to talk to. shes like, if any of you ever have anything to talk about im always here after school..so idk

Then that's good.
      I had a teacher like that once. It's a great second option to a psyciatrist, and sometimes better. Cause what a psyciatrist does it talk and bring up problems and then maybe give you some pills. Where as the teacher is gonna comfort you and find a solution. Psyciatrists aren't that helpfull as you'd might think
      [color="#0000ff"][center][size=1]Who is right and who can tell,[/size]
      [color="#ff0000"]and who gives a damn right now
      [/color][/center][/color]

I don't think you should go about it like this... Maybe, if you really don't want your parents to know, ask your mom if she'll take you to the doctor, that you haven't been feeling too great. Ask to go back alone. (Like, "Mom, don't you think I'm old enough to go back alone?") Talk to the doctor and see what he/she suggests.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

Dude, whatever you do... Do not let it as far I have have had the unfortunate chance to see(while in bootcamp). You need to be responsible and take take of it. IN the military yes you have your platoon and unit watching your back, even then it is hard to catch those who hide it so well.

I saw guys jump off building trying to end the nightmare they were in, they never thought to talk to others, like myself or anyone. Talk to the, if you are to scared to do so, it still needs to be done... Write a letter, e-mail, use a friend something. Don't let it get to the point where your the one standing at the edge.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]