Scared =/

• Well, I'm just gonna get it all out because I'll never see any of you people irl anyway so whatever.

I am going going into Sophomore year, and I am probably the most self conscious person ever and it really sucks. I honestly can't say anything to people, and I just stand there like an idiot feeling really awkward while people talk to each other. I don't really have friends, I mean there are guys that I'm friendly with, but I haven't talked to anyone over the summer and I don't know them anymore. Also, I honestly can't talk to a girl. I just can't say anything. It sucks. IDK.

So I'm going into Sophomore year, with no friends, and I have no idea where my fucking classes are, and I don't know what I'm going to do about lunch because I don't have anyone to sit with, and I'm probably going to end up spending lunch in the bathroom again. IDK what to do because my life kinda sucks, I don't have any friends, and I can't make any because I'm to self conscious and shy and idk.

Well, I'm posting this because I have nothing better to do, and maybe someone has some life changing advice but probably not. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    • Re: Scared =/

dynasty56 wrote:

Well, I'm just gonna get it all out because I'll never see any of you people irl anyway so whatever.

I am going going into Sophomore year, and I am probably the most self conscious person ever and it really sucks. I honestly can't say anything to people, and I just stand there like an idiot feeling really awkward while people talk to each other. I don't really have friends, I mean there are guys that I'm friendly with, but I haven't talked to anyone over the summer and I don't know them anymore. Also, I honestly can't talk to a girl. I just can't say anything. It sucks. IDK.

So I'm going into Sophomore year, with no friends, and I have no idea where my fucking classes are, and I don't know what I'm going to do about lunch because I don't have anyone to sit with, and I'm probably going to end up spending lunch in the bathroom again. IDK what to do because my life kinda sucks, I don't have any friends, and I can't make any because I'm to self conscious and shy and idk.

Well, I'm posting this because I have nothing better to do, and maybe someone has some life changing advice but probably not. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
      Well I always hope what I post is life changing advice:wink:.

If it helps you at all, I used to be just like that in middle school. Always self conscious and I'd be damned if I ever really talked to girls. But when I hit high school something changed. Some people are just late bloomers, but there's always a chance to change and to bloom before schedule. People can and will change at a certain point, and it sounds to me like you're at that point. And you also sound like you really want a change, nobody wants to go through high school alone. My best advice is to try your very hardest to open up to people. You can talk about anything, even just ranting to people. Interject yourself into the conversation, allow yourself to be noticed.

What I found is that a vast majority of people are easy to talk to. It just takes a little opening up. When it comes to what to say to people, it's really hard to say what changed for me. I started reading more, and learned a bit more about the world. Pay attention to current events, as they're a great conversation starter. Even celebrity gossip<--- that one could be good with the ladies. They love talking about whos dating who and all that silly stuff. Just try and know what you're talking about. Also, just find a table of friendly looking people and ask if you can eat with them. I know it sounds really difficult, but you could make some really good friends.

Good luck!
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

seriously, just cause u go to somewhere doesnt mean u have to socialize, u dont have to feel forced to talk or something, besides, probably, its full of people that u may not like as friends
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]

killy750 wrote:

seriously, just cause u go to somewhere doesnt mean u have to socialize, u dont have to feel forced to talk or something, besides, probably, its full of people that u may not like as friends
      Well you aren't forced to talk, but socializing is an important way to build character and your social skills. These will carry on later when you have to work with new people at your career. Socializing is actually pretty important.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Somebody once said that the most important thing you can ever learn about conversation is how to listen, and I agree. So, rather than rack your brain trying to think of something to say, why not just start to listen really intently to those around you? If there isn't anyone around you, get close enough to hear a conversation in progress. And, especially when dealing with girls, you need to listen sincerely, that is, try to be sincerely interested in what they have to say. I know it feels good when a guy--any guy--seems to be interested in what I am saying. Anyway, if you practice this listening for a while, you are bound to eventually hear something you want to comment on, and when you do, go ahead and join the conversation. Try to contribute something, though, and not just speak for the sake of speaking. And if you can't think of anything to say, just keep listening. The time will come of its own accord.

My Favorite Book

Barbara - A Novel of First-Time Sexual Adventure | Teenage Sexual Encounters | by R. LeBeaux