"metal"

• Re: "metal"

MrDolarhyde wrote:

Quote me where I said I was a metal expert.
      I was merely a person with an opinion.

It is alot easier to analise a bands sound when you listen to them, I barely listen to ETID, so yeah, thats all I got out of the song that I listened to.

jaco-> I like, Pretty much all Hardcore/Metalcore/Deathcore and Trancecore.

The hardcore I like are bands like Carpathian and 50 Lions (Australian Hardcore), OR Terror and Madball (American Hardcore) Aus and American Hardcore have very different sounds, although Terror and Madball can almost be classed as thugcore anyway.

Metalcore I like are bands like Parkwaydrive, I Killed the Prom Queen (dead) (Both Australian) an i dont mind old school metalcore bands like Bleeding Through.

Deathcore, bands like Whisteria Cottage, Whitechapel and The Red Shore (saw them last night.)

aand Finally trancecore, which I dont listen to as much are bands like I Explode Like (melbourne based, not very well known), Helia, and possibly the most well known Enter Shikari, but I only really like a few of there songs.

Eh. Not as bad as I was thinking, but still pretty bad, imo. Do you like these new wave of 'real' hardcore bands like Trash Talk, Touche Amore, and Have Heart?

I used to be into deathcore, but I moved on from that. I listen to The Boy Will Drown though, that band is insane. Probably one of the best deathcore acts i've ever heard. They made me reexamine what is actually 'good' when it comes to deathcore.

gardenhead wrote:

Eh. Not as bad as I was thinking, but still pretty bad, imo. Do you like these new wave of 'real' hardcore bands like Trash Talk, Touche Amore, and Have Heart?

I used to be into deathcore, but I moved on from that. I listen to The Boy Will Drown though, that band is insane. Probably one of the best deathcore acts i've ever heard. They made me reexamine what is actually 'good' when it comes to deathcore.

lol you said have heart, more like have fart.

this guy is tuff guy hardcore.
      im guessing you listen to hatebreed? and maybe sludge and powerviolence.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Esmo wrote:

If they're nu metal, surely that makes them a type of metal?

Nu metal is t-e-c-h-n-i-c-h-a-l-l-y metal....ish. it takes influence from metal but is way too sell-out-y and takes lots of influence from other genres. Disturbed has some songs that can be considered metal and I consider them the most authentic of the nu-metal groups, but S.O.A.D and Slipknot are definitely not true metal. Just because it's heavy doesn't mean it's metal heavy, if that makes any sense.

So in summary, no it isn't metal and it should go die.

Sasha wrote:

You really think so? True metal got good balance, harmony and melody. You need to listen to some Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Megadeth, etc to get the feel of it. The bands you mention as your fave are mostly punk or punk influences, rather than actual metal.

Agreed. Especially Kirk Hammett, he is the god of guitar riffs.

Yngwie Malmsteen is one of the most beastly guitarists ever. He is simply incredible.

I truly agree with all your choices. Black Sabbath was one of the forefathers of metal by introducing heavy riffs. Some also argue Zeppelin as another factor in metal, such as in the Immigrant Song. And of course, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden....rock on. Bruce Dickinson's voice is unmatched.

Metallica is the embodiment of metal. After all, the metal genre was derived from Metallica's name.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

DamnImGood wrote:

There are a few conflicting stories of where metal got its name from (generally credited to Steppenwolf), but none that I know of that involve Metallica. Metallica got their name from a friend who was brainstorming ideas for a name for a magazine. One of them was Metallica and Lars (I hate him) decided to use it for the band. Also, considering labels such as Metal Blade Records existed before Metallica was even formed, I'd say the genre's name predates Metallica.

My bad then. But still, Metallica is the embodiment of metal.

[/CENTER]

Great job. I have been saying this for years. Why did you feel the need to say that useless bit of information. Everyone knows that shit isn't metal.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

DamnImGood wrote:

I suppose, but I'd grant Maiden or Priest with that label more than Metallica. Also, Metallica's first album was fucking gold. Their best in my opinion. Pure, unadulterated thrash. Cold and unfeeling. Just the way I like it.

Bruce Dickinson's voice is unmatched. Iron Maiden will forever rock on.

[/CENTER]