Girls: When guys do badass things do you think its cool or lame?

• Girls: When guys do badass things do you think its cool or lame?

When you learn that a guy does badass-ish things (Martial arts, learning how to shoot, flying airplanes, etc.) like James Bond kind of things do you think its cool or just dorky?
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.
    • Re: Girls: When guys do badass things do you think its cool or lame?

True, but I'm talking about teens (obviously). There are a few teen pilots out there but not many. Its mostly old white guys.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

i think sasha is right.

in other news, it makes me laugh when people think theyre a bad ass because they do martial arts. martial arts are for fun, for fitness and for competition fighting. im decent at judo, used to it a fair bit as a hobby, its never done me any good against a persistent attacker, the only things that work are the simple things which you dont need to be a ninja to do, any old sucker could do them. a friend of mine who teaches ninjitsu, is a black belt and a very good competition fighter once said something to me which i think is very true.

"if you knock someones drink over in the pub and a big boxer stands up, you say sorry and sit your arse back down."

also what people usualy fail miserably at is using their martial arts in a situation where they need them, theyre too pumped up on adrenaline to think straight and just do what nature has built into them, either run away or wrestle and flail.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sharkbait ().

As Forest Gump might say, "Dorky is as dorky does." What's dorky is not the activity itself, but how you talk about it with others. If you bring it up just to brag or to try and sound cool, it's likely that whoever is listening will see through that and chalk it up to a lack of confidence in yourself (usually a big negative to a girl, believe me). If the subject comes up of its own accord, or you are talking with others who have the same interests, and you don't try to dominate the conversation (like everything anyone says, you have to one up them), then that will come off a lot better. And, if whatever girl you are interested in seems to want to hear more, then you can elaborate, but just don't overdo it. A little humble can (for me, at least) go a long way toward making someone like and respect you.

My favorite novel:

Amazon.com: Barbara: A Novel of First-Time Intimate Sexual Adventure (9781419693793): R. Lebeaux: Books

Depends on What they do, how they do it, and there attitude towards doing it. Being arrogant or pig headed about it = totally dorky
      [RIGHT]Now Take Back The Glitz, I Want The Soul Instead[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]Cause I Found Some Kind Of Fairytale[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]<3[/RIGHT]

Mostly asking because I do this kind of stuff, but I hide it because when someone (usually a girl) finds out about it they kinda roll their eyes and are like "whatever". I really don't care because I love it, but I just keep it to myself because of that. I was wondering what you guys thought.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Niceguy7 wrote:

I do realistic stuff. Really simple stuff that's practical in street fights and shit. But if I was ever in competition I'd probably get my ass handed to me.

Same here. The style of Kung fu I train in has an emphasis on realistic self defense. Our grandmaster trains the city's police and swat team, and doesn't really believe in competition fighting. So yes, I would get fucked up in a competition.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Sasha wrote:

A guy who enjoys flying, shooting or martial arts doesn't care about what girls think of it. He would give the vibes of someone who is at ease and enjoys life. Not someone who pretends to be 'badass' because thats what he believes is cool to be.

Where a guy who learns this things just to look 'cool' to girls would come off as dorky, in a very recognisable way.

Why is this topic in the sexuality section anyway?

It was either this or dating an relationships. I don't think it belongs there any more than it does here.

bad news wrote:

When you learn that a guy does badass-ish things (Martial arts, learning how to shoot, flying airplanes, etc.) like James Bond kind of things do you think its cool or just dorky?

I think it's cool when guys do any one of those things, but only as long as it is something they absolutely enjoy doing and wanted to do. I think it is completely lame if a guy does those things just to show off.
      I LUV luv luv being silly! :love1:
      :kiss:

bad news wrote:

depends. when i hear "badass" i think being a rebel and breaking every law they can think of.. so in that sense, no.

but hell, if he knows martial arts and knows how to shoot, that's freakin awesome. i've flown an airplane before, not all that badass :D
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

Honestly... It kinda turns me on :cool:

MookieBear;2209520 wrote:

Well... I'm up at 8:45[SIZE=1]AM[/SIZE]... On a Weekend... [SIZE=1]And that rarely happens...[/SIZE]

MookieBear;2209568 wrote:

20 out of 10!
      Waiiit does that count xD

Sasha wrote:

A guy who enjoys flying, shooting or martial arts doesn't care about what girls think of it. He would give the vibes of someone who is at ease and enjoys life. Not someone who pretends to be 'badass' because thats what he believes is cool to be.

I completely agree with this. I am a female and does practice martial arts, but I don't do it to be a badass.

For the record: I think it's lame when a guy tries to be badass to impress a girl. Always strikes me as someone who is so insecure about themselves that they have to act "badass" so that girls like them.
      [CENTER][COLOR="Red"]If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.[/COLOR]
      [/CENTER]