I need advice. I'm kind of paranoid.

• I need advice. I'm kind of paranoid.

I'm a little bit of a paranoid person. Not paranoid in the sense that I'm afraid of friends or family members stabbing me in the back. More at night when I'm trying to sleep. I hear weird noises, or think I hear footsteps. I've been training in Kung Fu for over 2 years. I always sleep with a small baton or cosh under my pillow. I can't close my eyes or sleep facing the wall at night because I want to be completely alert and watching every corner of my room. Horror movies (or even previews to horror movies) make me uncomfortable, etc. Is anyone else like this? It really sucks because I have trouble sleeping. I need some advice.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.
    • Re: I need advice. I'm kind of paranoid.

Hey

It sounds to me like you're overreacting to little things a bit too much. Your mind is playing games with you, and it can be a hard thing to deal with. I had a fit of paranoia for a while, but then I slowly began to realize that it's not worth worrying over. My paranoia was a bit different, but the feeling can be very overwhelming. Just try and relax, and convince yourself that you're just hearing things, and that like Liam said, you just have an overactive imagination. This isn't really something you can fix, but it is something you can learn to cope with.

And I don't like horror movies either, they just freak me out xD.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Yea horror movies definitely freak me out. My imagination is completely wild, and I've known that for some time. When I was about 3 years old, all of the other three year olds probably weren't frightened, and if they were it was by primitive things (loud noises, etc.). When I was about 3 I made up my own elaborate "monster" and became terrified of it. I even had a name for it.

But I agree with Spies. It's really nothing worth worrying over.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

bad news wrote:

I'm a little bit of a paranoid person. Not paranoid in the sense that I'm afraid of friends or family members stabbing me in the back. More at night when I'm trying to sleep. I hear weird noises, or think I hear footsteps. I've been training in Kung Fu for over 2 years. I always sleep with a small baton or cosh under my pillow. I can't close my eyes or sleep facing the wall at night because I want to be completely alert and watching every corner of my room. Horror movies (or even previews to horror movies) make me uncomfortable, etc. Is anyone else like this? It really sucks because I have trouble sleeping. I need some advice.

Hello, I think it's very serious subject that no needs funny. I guess you've to visit a psychologist, don't put out, I believe the way I suggest you is right.

GOOD LuCk

Gvantsa_Georgia wrote:

Hello, I think it's very serious subject that no needs funny. I guess you've to visit a psychologist, don't put out, I believe the way I suggest you is right.

GOOD LuCk

Haha I don't like Horror movies and I get spooked by weird noises at night and all of a sudden I need a psychologist? A Psychologist cannot cure me of being human.

I'm also paranoid, though I'm afraid of people I know butchering me, people on the street etc.

For this i would tightly tuck the sheets in, use earplugs and curl up near the wall. Though I often imagine a knife coming out of it and killing me so I don't do that either...