how can i hide my cut marks?

• Re: how can i hide my cut marks?

Call me ignorant, but I find it hard to become 'addicted' to cutting, at least in the literal sense. There's nothing physically addicting about self mutilation, even psychologically the only part that has the slightest chance of addiction is the rush of endorphins, we can easily be simulated through other activities.

Saying you are addicted to cutting is like saying you are addicted to a certain television show, or food. Experience opiate withdrawal and then tell me about 'addictions'.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Hi :)
      Firstly in answer to the main post - I am unsure whether you have stopped cutting and want to hide the scars, or are still cutting. Either way, I would suggest some form of foundation makeup that matches your skin colour and doesn't rub off easily. There are other treatments such as washing it with various kinds of oils (pamola oil, for example). I would highly recommend you stop cutting and let them heal and disappear, otherwise you will have to live with the bad memory of the dark times you're going through forever imprinted on your arm...like a tattoo gone wrong, or having a bad haircut all the time, with no choice about it.

In answer to other people's posts - self harm is as addictive as a drug addiction - worse in some cases. Dont' ever doubt that it's so difficult for people to stop. They can become dependant on it as a release from the stress that is going around their head, and it seems like it works, but it also comes back...just like weed can release you from stress and help you think better, but soon they come back, and then you're compelled to do it again and again until soon it has no good effect, but you're addicted.

Good luck

~Tenris
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

I use bad aids ...and when people ask why im wearing them I just say "Oh I was playing with the dog and she got me with her nail" ....I know SH is hard to stop, ive been struggling with it for almost a year. Try cutting in places that cloths cover. I do cut on my arms, but I mostly cut on my upper thighs cuz I dont have to worry about covering it and no one will know...

JR wrote:

eeek. i dont get exactly why people cut. replace mental damage with physical damage? dont make sense

Without the mind, the body is useless. As such, a damaged mind means a damaged whole. Rather have a couple marks on you than be in the pen, an asylum, or pushing the flowers. No?

Personally, I think you shouldn't be bothered by things like that - if people are ignorant about stuff, than fuck 'em. If your really bothered by it though, I beleive theres creams and stuff - and laser surgery.
      [CENTER] I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
      Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies.
      :angeldevil:
      [/CENTER]

you don't need to have like a big sweatband for ur wrist, but if you have a bracelet it would help.

Are you trying to hide scars or fresh cuts?

Scars are easier to hide if you ask me...you can put stuff on em without irritating or infecting them. and its closer to your real skin color.

Anyway. If you have just a bright colored bracelet, idk like one or 2 of those plastic livestrong type ones, it'll draw the eyes attention and they won't notice the scars/cuts. usually. And that's assuming its just on ur wrist. And no like obnoxiously spread out.

My girlfriend wears a lot of bracelets, most people don't notice her scars. But I still notice it every so often. But that's cuz shes my girlfriend and naturally I'm more observant of someone like that =]

I lol at every one of these cutting things.

Cutting isn't a drug, it's an activity that you enjoy doing (whatever the reason my be)
      Food, an activity I enjoy doing. I use to eat a helluva lot, simply because I liked eating. I developed an addiction to food that lasted say... 2 years? I then lost a bit of weight by running very small amounts. I noticed that I lost a small bit of weight, and people said they noticed. Then I ate like a goddamn normal human being and lost 20 lbs.

Just stop cutting, find something to do to keep your mind off of it and it'll eventually just go away.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Don't tell me it's not possible. You're just making excuses.

Peace & Love

tbh, only a longsleved top will make em unvisible

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

sometimes youre just too depressed to know what youre doing.

i always think i know i'll cut in a more descrete place but then i always end up doing it on my arm :/

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Yes why don't you just quit,

if it were that easy...why dont you write your feelings down its what i do, i doesnt satisfy my need completly but it helps

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

The post was edited 1 time, last by harrydh3 ().