I'm confused...did I do something wrong? Help!

• I'm confused...did I do something wrong? Help!

It seems I am now always unintentionally irritating my dad...
      My dad used to be my best friend until I turned 15. Now all of a sudden, everytime I talk to him there's a chance of him yelling at me to get out of the room or speak nasty to me, sometimes driving me to tears when it does eventually happen. I mean, yea, everyone's allowed to be angry, but for me it's an everyday fear because sometimes he gets so angry at me he grabs me by the arms to drag me a bit painfully out of the room he's in before I even get the chance to do so myself. Nobody likes to be physically handled in a painful way, no matter how minimal or bad the pain is, I know that.
      This has happened at least 4 times in the past 2 years. Just today I came home. My dad was happy and willing to hear about my day while he cooked. I decide out loud that I may not tell him, but he insists. So I blabber about it freely as I usually do, and all of a sudden he says I'm annoying him. So I, a bit confused and hurt, definitely decide not to tell him, and then when I tell him nevermind when he was me to return to telling him, he calls me stupid. Shot down again. then all of a sudden he booms at me to get out of the room. I stay, asking him why he's so angry at me, but all he says is I'm upsetting him. After yelling at me he says he thought we were pals. He thought we were pals? A bit two-faced, no?
      So I still consider myself annoying to him, so in an attempt to hide my tears I go out of the kitchen as he says "Yea, go get out of the room..." accompanied by muttered words, and I retreat to listening to music on the computer to try and escape. I then hear intimidating footsteps rapidly behind my door. He rams into my room and unplugs my computer, turning it off instantly. As he goes out, I am dumbfounded. What have I done wrong?
      I typed this on my mom's laptop, so you all know. He didn't spot it on my desk, luckily, so I was able to hide it under the covers with me, luckily with it not being seen.
      What did I ever do to get this from who used to be my caring dad? :(
      ...see me....feel me...touch me....heal me....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: I'm confused...did I do something wrong? Help!

this really sucks... your dad may:
      a. be schizophrenic(multiple personalities)
      b. be bipolar, and be having major mood swings
      c. what kinds of clothing are you wearing?it may sound totally weird to you, but if anything you are wearing/subconsciously doing are turning him on, he may feel guilty and not want you around... Or he could feel guilty for something entirely irrelevant and you remind him of it? I really cant tell... I hope for both your sakes that this gets resolved... it really sucks when a family gets torn apart like this....

I know its risky, but if you are getting treated like this anyway, you might tell him basically everything you put down here(you feel like your relationship was wedged apart all of a sudden and you dont know why, you feel like he doesnt like you, and you dislike it when he hurts you, and you want things back to how they were. whatever is the truth, it may help both of you... even if he reacts negatively at first and calls you overly emotional or something to that extent, he would have to be very cold/heartless for it to have no effect... it should at least plant a seed of some kind of idea.

Hi :)
      As said before, it sounds like he has something big on his mind. I think that you should write down everything that you have told us on a piece of paper and ask him to read it.

It sounds like he has something big on his mind, and you seem to be subconsciously starting him off thinking about it. It's obviously a very emotional and difficult time for both of you, so write everything down for him to read. It's not right to be treated like that, and he is going about this very badly - although it doesn't seem to be his fault.

Good luck :)

~Tenris
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Tell a teacher or school nurse... that's the best advice I can give. We're strangers on the internet, and we can only give surface advice, because we don't know enough.

This sounds serious, so talk to an adult or responsible, trustworthy person.
      [SIZE=4]<<33 When you break convention, you create convention and you become convention. Be happy with who you are, but never content. <<33[/SIZE]