afraid of my boyfriend leaving me

• afraid of my boyfriend leaving me

hey....... i havent posted here in ages..... sorry. last night in bed i was crying imaging my boyfriend leaving me. he hasnt been acting like himself... and has been talking/flirting with this girl he lives near. and theyve known each other their whole life.

i cant lose him...... i cant lose another person in my life already.... i love him.. and ive told him all this. he says im being stupid and jealous and that it annoys him. but he acts like hes guilty... he's never mad at me... only when i bring that up! like he actually has something to hide......

he doesnt care about me..... and i miss my dad. he passed away before i met him... my mum said i got a boyfirend to fill the place of my dad...... i agree... and now my bf will leave.

sorry if you cant understand this post... very sad.
    • Re: afraid of my boyfriend leaving me

Hi Lisa,

Firstly, I am really sorry to hear about your dad. I know nothing I can say will change what happened, and I can understand how you must feel, every day, and miss him. I haven't gone through losing my dad, but I have lost both of my grandma's within a year of each other, and I used to live with one of them, and also lost a sister, so I have lost peolpe who are close to me. Time is a gread healer, and no matter what you think now, I promise that in a short while, things will get easier.

Helping Yourself and Others Deal With Death

Have a read over this site, it's good. It talks about grief, and how you can help yourself and others deal with it. There is also a handy link at the bottom of that page, which looks at myths and truths concerning loss, if you have a spare 10 or 15 minutes, I recommend you reading over it. It may help you a little. Above all, never feel odd or as if you're alone, you're not. Many people go through this, and the emotions are always hard for anyone. But it will and does get easier. I am sure your dad loved you a great deal, and I know he wouldn't want you to spend the rest of your life in grief. You will remember, and you will always have a bond with him, but eventually, you will get on with your life.

I think it's a small gap between him acting angry because you're jealous and actually hiding something. Obviously, if he knows it upsets you, then why doesn't he change and actually stop doing it? That doesn't make much sense. Having said that, if he has known this girl all his life, is there a chance you could just be jealous of it, and he's doing nothing wrong?

You have told him how you feel, and he seems he's not going to change. So, you have 2 clear choices. You either put up with it, accept he's going to have some friends of the opposite sex and just work on your jealousy. Or, you decide that you can't deal with it, and you end things now, finding someone who's going to be a little more thoughtful of your feelings.

I can't tell you what to do. But, most people you get with is probably going to have some friends who are girls. And you can't really tell someone who to be friends with, or it makes you sound insecure. Possibly the best thing to do would be to trust him, and try and remember that if anyone decided to leave you, you can't really stop it. No matter how much you restrict someone and disctate who they can be friends with. If they love you, and care for you, then they will want to be with you.

[SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

firstly really sorry to hear about you father passing away, as I Promise said, time is an amazing healer, i have not lost my father but i have lost people really close to my life through cancer, and time does amazing healing to grief. yes it is possible that you got a boyfriend to fill the emotional gap that has been missing since your father has died, which is understandable. now with your boyfriend, its very possible that there is nothing at all going on, like as you said, they have known each other their hole lives, from my experience people that know each other their hole lives that are of the opposite sex, usually just stay friends, not always but the majority of the time thats what happens, now you have confronted him about it and he has denied everything, so you really just have to trust him, like unless you have proof you cant do anything, maybe you should hang out with both of them and read their body language if you still feel worried about it.
      but trust me, we all fear we might lose the ones we love, its the way we are programmed, now i think you should try and forget about it for a while, if youa are still feeling like this then maybe you should have a long conversation with him, explain how you are feeling, you cant tell him who to be friends with and who not 2b friends with, but you can ask him to be more aware of his actions!! hope everything will work out for you!!

onemillionkisses wrote:

thanks guys........... ur both nice as. don't change..
      i am going to break up with him i think...... he was on msn before and he told me to shut up because he was talkin to the girl he likes....... and i was annoying him. fuck him........ (sorry for language)

thanks again

it could be a blessing in disguise, like he obviously is taking you for granted, he seems like a jerk, and you will probably be mush happier when you leave him, like you just dont treat a person that way, its just shit!! u dont deserve it!! im glad you are taking matters into your own hands, and leaving him!!!

Wow, well, if he told you to shut up because he was talking to that girl, then I think you're doing the right thing. You don't deserve to be spoken to like that, I am 100% sure you can do much better than him, and so, I am confident you will be doing what you need to do.

I think your mum had a good point. You got with him because you were feeling sad, alone, and you wantede - needed someone to make you feel better. It's totally understandable. But now, you're getting stronger, and realising that you don't need to put up with that anymore. You may be feeling a little sad, but that's no excuse for someone to treat you like dirt.

Good luck, and I am sure you will meet someone new soon. And remember, your dad will always be around you. He won't ever leave your side.
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]