I've a Problem with My Dad

• I've a Problem with My Dad

I and my dad's relationship isn't very good since I was born as he used to work at the shop and only my mum was taking care of me and my siblings when we were younger. Obviously, our communication indeed has a problem.

He's such a stubborn, superstitious, rude man. Whatever he says, I must do it. I can't say YES when he says NO. You know what, he never tries to listen to anybody. What he says is right, that's it! Speaking in a high tone of voice, that's his style... I'm frustrated with his voice! If he doesn't agree with anything, he'll just burst out his angry tone and scold really hard.

Recent these few months, my mum said he was fear of something, it wasn’t just one thing but came from many directions. So he asked some relatives to come and stayed overnight. To accompany him, my mum said. They were my aunts and uncles. I don't actually like visitors because I think they could ruin my life. And so I was right, they came and spoke my dad, anything, I don't know what was their topics, but they were intended to change everything in my house. Moved my computer out to the living room, blabbed me, told me what was wrong and what was right. C'mon, I'm 16 and am going to 17, I know how to think and I don't need any of their advices. My dad brought them in was just really ANNOYING!

I didn't say anything to him about my dissatisfaction, of course, not even a word. However, my friend's dad had just passed away this morning and I said I was going to visit her, but he refused to let me out at once! What's problem? I just wanted to go and said a word of comfort but do you know what did he say?

"NO! DON'T GO! THERE'S NOT A PLACE FOR YOU CHILDREN TO GO! YOU CAN'T GO TO THAT GHOSTY PLACE!'

"WHY DO WANT TO GO? WHAT’S THE MATTER WHEN HER DAD DIES?"

And all kinds of bad sayings. I thought he was superstitious, I can't stand him anymore and then I burst out scolding!

"OK! I'M NOT GOING!" And he said why I spoke to him like that.

"BECAUSE YOU SPOKE TO ME LIKE THAT!" Then he replied he just didn’t want me to go.

"YES! SO I'M NOT GOING!!!" And he stared at for a few seconds and went out of my room.

I told my friend about that, she told me don't make the situation worse because we're living in the same house, and consider about my mom's feeling as well. How can I going to control myself? Now only I know I'm a person who don't like to be controlled and don't like to listen to those who want to change me into another person. So days passed days, I couldn't bear the stress and finally I burst into a fight with him.

I think I'm falling into a problem with my dad. Tell me what to do.
    • Re: I've a Problem with My Dad

Hey there......i read your post.....it is just that your dad cares for you.....he has spent more years in this world then you have......so he know that what is going outside in the world...it is nothing that he doesn't loves you or something....god can not be every where so he has made mother and father......rest it is your wish....but nobody has ever lived happy by hurting there parents.......

How can I going to control myself? Now only I know I'm a person who don't like to be controlled and don't like to listen to those who want to change me into another person. So days passed days, I couldn't bear the stress and finally I burst into a fight with him.

I think I'm falling into a problem with my dad. Tell me what to do.

Hey Kevin,

I can relate to what you're going through. I think the problem is that there is just this disconnection between you and your dad that you need to resolve. Have you tried comunicating with him about how you feel and what your thoughts are? If you haven't, then maybe you should try it. Like I say to many people, communication is really important in any kind of relationships.

Anyways, how you are feeling is completely normal. I've felt that way at times, too, when it came to my mom or dad. My dad is a perfectionist and I was more of a rebel child, so we bump heads way too often. He was always the type of dad who wanted me to be more like him and he wanted to change me to be a certain way. As I grew up, though, I told him upfront that I am who I am and I will never let anyone change me or influence me. He seemed to give up and he eventually let me be. That's good that you stuck up for yourself, because it shows that you still have a part of you inside... it tells us that you don't want others to change you and you shouldn't let others change you. Stick through to your revolt, make your point by communicating with your dad - it's important.

If you need anything, my door is always open.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

if he is stubborn and none of this works just explain how you feel he's being and explain your not a baby and even offer him if there is anything you can do to prove to him you are no longer a child and dont need wrapped up in bubble wrap

i had a similar problem with my mum and i just explained to her that im not a baby anymore and shes a lot better now thankfully

goodluck