Read. Help. Please. Long Thread.

• Read. Help. Please. Long Thread.

I'm 17. I'm supposed to be a senior but I dropped out because I want to get my GED and go to the community college where I live.

I'm extremely depressed. I have been since 8th grade. I don't know exactly why I was depressed at that time but I know why I'm depressed at this very second.
      My dad is the first reason, He is going to die, I don't know when but he will, He has parkinsons disease, and he was shot in the face, he can talk and walk, but can't really do much and is starting to forget what he is going to do when he's about to do it. He is my number one person, I look up to him so much.

The second reason is because my mom doesn't believe in me, Just the other day she said that she doubts I will do anything to get my GED, and she went on by asking me what have I ever done or finished. It's not something a parent should do. Plus, it's hard to do a lot of things without a drivers license.. which I don't have because she wouldn't let me practice driving her car.

The third reason is because of a guy, we were together for two years, he liked me for 6 or 7 but when he finally got to date me he cheated all the time and I dealt with it because I wasn't sure he was doing it and recently we kind of got back together but I found out that he is still talking to the people he was "cheating" on me with so I told him to stop and he said he would then, I was online when he was and he hadn't deleted them off his profiles or anything and I messaged him, He immediately got offline. It's so screwed up! I thought the past week or so was good and he would stop being such a dumb jerk but I guess not.. I really don't know how to get on with my life.. I dealt with him treating me like crap for so long I feel like I don't deserve anything at all.. I don't feel like I deserve a good guy and I don't feel like I deserve to live.

I feel like a wasted life.:(:(
    • Re: Read. Help. Please. Long Thread.

I'm sorry to hear all of that. But darling, you're only 17, it's too young to give up.

As for the mom situation, maybe you should prove her wrong and actually get that GED thing. Did you really have drop out though? That seemed like a bad choice. But anyway, that's the past and I guess there's nothing you can do about that now.

Can you just ask her to pay for driving lessons if she won't let you touch her car? I'm going to assume that you have public transportation like buses and trains over there, but nothing beats your own ride. Tell her that it's hard to get something done if you can't go anywhere.

As for that guy, well he's just a guy. Just remember that guys are a dime a dozen, and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel bad. I would put him on my lowest of priorities for now. As far as I know, you haven't done anything bad to that dude, but he was still being weird. So yeah, it isn't your fault on that department.

gardenhead wrote:

I'm sorry to hear all of that. But darling, you're only 17, it's too young to give up.

As for the mom situation, maybe you should prove her wrong and actually get that GED thing. Did you really have drop out though? That seemed like a bad choice. But anyway, that's the past and I guess there's nothing you can do about that now.

Can you just ask her to pay for driving lessons if she won't let you touch her car? I'm going to assume that you have public transportation like buses and trains over there, but nothing beats your own ride. Tell her that it's hard to get something done if you can't go anywhere.

As for that guy, well he's just a guy. Just remember that guys are a dime a dozen, and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel bad. I would put him on my lowest of priorities for now. As far as I know, you haven't done anything bad to that dude, but he was still being weird. So yeah, it isn't your fault on that department.

My dad payed for my driving classes but it's the DOL drivers test that I need to take and the only car available is my moms, she wouldn't let me drive her car so I couldn't take the test.. My aunt talked her into letting me drive now but who knows when she'll let me take the test.. She's usually working.

There's a lot of 17 year olds who want to give up, not just me. I don't think I'll be able to do it. I want to be strong for my family and friends and I'm not going to give up just yet but I want to really badly..

I don't think I did anything to deserve how he treated me.. Even for the whole 2 years we were together.. It's ridiculous how he was.

This is what I would do, not nessecarily what you have to do.

-Get back into school. You need an education, and a GED won't get you far in life. You want to be successful, and make your father proud, and prove your mother your better than what your showing right now, right?
      -Dump that guy, and tell him to fuck off.. Stop talking to him. He's a loser, and he doesn't deserve you. You can do a lot better, trust me!
      -Don't give up!! I know you can go on, you can do this.
      -Ask your Aunt to let you use her car for the test.. If not, have her convince your mother.. again

Don't give up, your too young, and highschool isnt forever.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]NORML Advocator[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]G r a s s _ C i t y [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Pfat is trill wrote:

This is what I would do, not nessecarily what you have to do.

-Get back into school. You need an education, and a GED won't get you far in life. You want to be successful, and make your father proud, and prove your mother your better than what your showing right now, right?
      -Dump that guy, and tell him to fuck off.. Stop talking to him. He's a loser, and he doesn't deserve you. You can do a lot better, trust me!
      -Don't give up!! I know you can go on, you can do this.
      -Ask your Aunt to let you use her car for the test.. If not, have her convince your mother.. again

Don't give up, your too young, and highschool isnt forever.

Yeah, I'm not going back to highschool I wouldn't graduate either way. And when I get my GED I know for a fact I will be able to go into community college here. Then I will be able to treansfer after a few years.
      -My mom has like no room to talk, she dropped out at 16 I believe and got married then had a kid at like 17 or 18, I'm not sure which one.
      -I did dump the guy.. We haven't talked for like a day and a half.. but it's driving me crazy because I hate knowing he could be with someone else.. I just need to make my own life and do what I want.. I guess.. I have goals I want to acheive. :)
      -My aunt wont let me drive her car it's a really EXPENSIVE car.. I think it's a Dodge Challenger.. No way will I ever be able to drive that. but I think I can convince my mom to let me use hers.
      Thanks for your thoughts. ;)

When the person you are in a relationship with or your own mother treats you like shit I can understand how hard it is to think you are actually worth something. The thing is though, they aren't the ones who are in control of whether or not you make something out of your life nor do they determine how much you are worth. Really, all that comes down to you. If that boy treated you like shit and you broke up with him, you really have no reason to let what he has said or done in the past get to you because he isn't even a part of your life anymore. It is true that we all go off of past experiences in our choices and actions in the present and future, but how you use those experiences in your past is incredibly important. You can either use them as a learning experience and grow from it, or you can allow it to hinder you from getting what you want out of life. Really, the choice is all up to you.

Explain to your mother how serious you are about getting your GED, and how it would be so much easier for you to accomplish if you are able to drive. I'm sure if you sit down and have a mature conversation with her she will try and help you out in some way. Think about what exactly it is you need to say to her, and when you do try and find a time where she isn't busy and discuss it with her.

Don't give up, everyone has worth and the ability to overcome situations. You have the power to be strong and get through whatever it is that is hindering you.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Saradactyl wrote:

When the person you are in a relationship with or your own mother treats you like shit I can understand how hard it is to think you are actually worth something. The thing is though, they aren't the ones who are in control of whether or not you make something out of your life nor do they determine how much you are worth. Really, all that comes down to you. If that boy treated you like shit and you broke up with him, you really have no reason to let what he has said or done in the past get to you because he isn't even a part of your life anymore. It is true that we all go off of past experiences in our choices and actions in the present and future, but how you use those experiences in your past is incredibly important. You can either use them as a learning experience and grow from it, or you can allow it to hinder you from getting what you want out of life. Really, the choice is all up to you.

Explain to your mother how serious you are about getting your GED, and how it would be so much easier for you to accomplish if you are able to drive. I'm sure if you sit down and have a mature conversation with her she will try and help you out in some way. Think about what exactly it is you need to say to her, and when you do try and find a time where she isn't busy and discuss it with her.

Don't give up, everyone has worth and the ability to overcome situations. You have the power to be strong and get through whatever it is that is hindering you.

Thanks but the guy isn't out of my life, when we broke up he wasn't around and we didn't talk at all but now we are talking again because he called me and was texting me and everything. It's hard to explain but it's so hard to stay away from him because I don't know whether what I've heard is true or not and I'm starting to believe he didn't do anything other than the stuff I know for sure about but there's no way to really know. Anyway, I'm not going to give up, I went to the college today and got a reservation to take the placement test for my GED, so I'm on my way..
      As for my mom, I'm just shrugging that off. I just don't care what she thinks right now, I'm trying to live my life how I want and up to my own expectations. Not hers.
      I just have to think about what I want. Something happened with my ex today and I really need to think about what I really want and had wanted at the time.