How would I know if she likes me?

• How would I know if she likes me?

I have a friend who I really really like, but I moved out of town around two years ago (but I still go back once in a while)... I thought I would get over her after I move but she's still the one I keep seeing in my head... We still keep in touch via IM, and sometimes we talk for hours (like 3-5 everytime), but she usually asks help for her homeworks with the small talks... She also told me once that she likes this guy and hopes that she gets to know him... She also told me that if I ever fall in love, that I should tell her (I'm the shy, unattractive guy no one really sees, except some other friends and her), but how can I when she's the one I love? I can't risk telling her how I feel if she doesn't like me back... We did see each other in a mall the last time I was back in town but she just said hi (I just figured she was busy)... I even spent the whole day today chatting with her about nothing and everything... how will I know if she feels the same way?

PS I really hope you read this and figure out who I am, because you will forever be my princess
    • Re: How would I know if she likes me?

she wouldent want you to tell her when you fall in love unless she was somewhat intersted at the least so i sa tell her
      So You Say You Love Her? Then why are you sitting at the computer and not holding her in your arms telling her how much she means to You? Cause I Bet theres another Kid Out There Who's Dieing to Be Where You Are..... I No I Am

I love that movie.
      ------------------

Anyways.
      If you really like her, take a chance. You will never know if she feels the same unless you bring it up first, and talk about it. Would you rather tell her, and let her know how you feel, or have it bottled up and find out she loves somebody else?

I must say, this doesn't have a simple answer. Results can range from creating a sense of awkwardness between you, through to accepting things as they are (while both knowing about it), or making something happen. If I was to plan anything, I would try and tell her the truth, but I would also tell her that it is acceptable for things to stay how they already are if she wants to, because you don't want to make it seem like you have to throw away everything just because of this.

Jay_JWLH wrote:

I must say, this doesn't have a simple answer. Results can range from creating a sense of awkwardness between you, through to accepting things as they are (while both knowing about it), or making something happen. If I was to plan anything, I would try and tell her the truth, but I would also tell her that it is acceptable for things to stay how they already are if she wants to, because you don't want to make it seem like you have to throw away everything just because of this.

I'm going to call you Pip because you remind me of Pip from South Park. Always proper and wordy.