Me, My girlfriend and My EX

• Me, My girlfriend and My EX

Ive already posted this is the dating section but i was told I could get better advice here.

My story. Part 1

My ex - Chelsea
      current girlfriend - Kira

I was with this girl for 2 years, 2 strong years and then it dramtically ends, it had been off and on for the last couple months of the relationship. We seemed destined to be together and then the fantasy world I had created crumbled. I went through the whole summer thinking what couldve of been. I was depressed, my true friends tryed all they could to cheer me up but I knew I wouldnt be happy again.

Anyway after the summer I started college (Im from the UK btw). On the first day of college this girl and I looked at eachother all day, Untill I plucked up the courage to go introduce myself. So I did, we had a couple laughs, talked a bit about eachother and then we swapped numbers. We had lunch together and we kept getting comments like "Only been a day, and theres already someone dating" It was a bit awkward but we got through it. At the end of the day we walked home together, It turns out she lives very close, a mile or two.

Now Im with Kira, its been 2-3 weeks and The relationship seems strong for now.
      Couple days later Me and Kira are on the highstreet just travelling together and we bumped in to my EX. I hugged her because we were friends, then I introduced the girls to eachother. At this point I didnt say anything about me and Kira being together My EX sussed it out and threw a tantrum, Direct quote " We only split 2 months ago, and your already with someone new!?" At this point Kiras freaking out and walks off and I follow.

Im gonna skip the rest of the drama on the highstreet.

2 or 3 days past and I recieve a text from my EX, "Im sorry about the other day I lost it" blah blah blah.

Now Im constantly recieving phone calls and texts from my EX saying some suggestive stuff. Can she not let go. How can I make it clear we are just friends now.

Im in a very confused place right now, I can not seem to throw away the 2 years of feelings I had for my ex. I somewhat still feel responsible for her. I want to keep her as a friend and thats it.

I just felt like posting my story somewhere. Thanks,
      Daniel

My story, Part 2.

My EX girlfriend can not stand to see me happy again. I feel bemused and shocked by what she has done and she is currently doing now. She's been spreading rumours about how me and her are back together which is tottaly untrue. My girlfriend is really starting to get freaked out and Im scared she will not be able to stand me and my EX anymore. It was a mistake to try and keep my EX as a friend and I will always love her, but not in that way.
      My girlfriend If I can still call her that has not spoken to me In days and Is avoiding me. She doesn't even wanna sit next to me in the one class we share at college. Now all her friends have made me public enemy number 1. They will not let me get close to her If they are around. My EX in all this is laughing all the way through, teasing me, often trying to brush up on me But I instantly refuse.
      I call my girlfriends mobile several times, it goes through to voice mail. She either has left her phone at home, which I doubt or she lets it ring. Every ring the phone is not picked up is more pain and hurt for me. I dont know what to do anymore. My EX is the antogonist here. Not me. But no one will believe me, but my true friends who have been by my side since the age of 5. We share a circle of trust and we respect eacother very much. Theres 4 of us.

Anyway back to the issue.

Couple days later Im at home relaxing, thinking. The door rings. Guess who. My EX. My mum unknowingly lets her In and she comes up to my room. I was just on my bed listening to music and she comes up to me preparing for a kiss. Temptingly I almost did go in for the kiss but I turned away. I asked her what shes doing here. She said I came to see you. I said well obviously, what do you want from me. And then she said it The 4 words which confused me even more. " I still love you". I stared at her for a few seconds and asked to go for a walk outside.

I will skip the conversation we had while walking, Lets just say she was very emotional after the talk we had.
      Anyway after the walk I had with my EX, I went to my girlfriends house I knocked on the door Her older sister answered, shes 19 I think. I had never met her before and she said, you must be daniel, Then she said my sisters been crying all day. I got refused entry and I respected that and Walked off. I caught a glance at my girlfriends window I saw her and she hid away instantly. I called her mobile, she suprisingly answered. I asked just to let me speak with her, after I said this she ended the call.

So here I am Depressed and Im tottally not in the right frame of mind for college, I need this problem resolved now before it hampers my chances In college.

Just give me any adive, Im stuck.

Thanks.
      Daniel.
    • Re: Me, My girlfriend and My EX

Leave your ex as that - just your ex. You have a choice here, either risk your new relationship by letting your smothering ex take over, or end it completley with your ex by telling her it's either friendship or nothing. If you don't tell her straight it's never going to end!

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Oh and to get your girlfriend to forgive you -- i'd show her this post you've written. I think she'd appreciate it.