emancipated minors... come weigh in on this for me?

• emancipated minors... come weigh in on this for me?

So I'm about to turn 16 and I'm seriously considering the emancipated minor thing. I live in washington and I know 16 is the minimum age, but does anyone know if you have to have a certain income level or anything like that? and how bad of a situation do you have to be in to get approved for it?

also, i'm sure there's people here who moved out young... how hard is it taking care of yourself?

thanks you guys. i'm surprised this doesn't come up more cause i would think a lot of people would at least think about it at some point.
    • Re: emancipated minors... come weigh in on this for me?

Hey! I can't give you any of the information you need but I do know that you have to have a job for over a year and you have to have a place in mind where you want to live, so that the courts know you're serious..
      I'm 17 and I have been thinking about doing the same thing.. I just don't know how to go about it, my moms heart will be broken. But I would like to know the same info that you want to know.
      Have you tried google?
      "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."