Unsure where to go from here...

• Unsure where to go from here...

Mm well I feel kind of embarassed about posting these things on the internet but there is honestly no-one I know who knows ANYTHING about relationships so I thought I'd ask you guys...

I'm at sixth form, in year 13 (final year of school before uni). Obviously when a new year starts sixth form, some students from outside our school come here to study. So the new year 12 group is made up of students who were at our school originally and some who weren't, obviously. Anyway one of these new students is this girl who's studying the same course as me, just in the year below, and I've never spoken to her or interacted with her or anything at all. Whenever I look at her, something tells me she's just one of those really nice, honest people, and I'd love to start talking to her and try and get to know her - if there was a way of doing so.

However, I was talking to someone I know who's also studying the same course and is in some of her classes, and I told him I thought she was pretty. He said she was really nice and I asked her if she was single... he said he'd heard her and a couple of friends discussing boyfriends, and she apparently (he said he wasn't sure) mentioned something about having a boyfriend who was going to uni/was at uni. He did say that she said it in kind of an unenthusiastic way though - which possibly suggests that she doesn't want to have a long term relationship or something? Either way, he still said he didn't catch all of what she said so he wasn't sure if what he'd heard was right, and he still told me to go for it.

I thought about what he said and realised a couple of things. If what he'd heard was true, and she DOES have a boyfriend who's at uni, then two things could happen. a - she could just stay with him, which would be the most likely thing to happen, or b - she could break up with him because of the fact that he's at uni and she won't see him much, etc. This is kind of where I'm screwed. If she stays with him, then that's that, and if they do split up, then I feel like I'd hardly have a chance with her, because I'm going to uni myself next year. So I feel that even if I did manage to get with her, we'd break up because of me going to uni...

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on where to go from here. If what my friend said was true, and she does have a boyfriend at uni, I've hardly got a chance, but for some reason I still feel the urge to try asking her out. And I don't really know what to do. I could SOMEHOW find a way to talk to her and get to know her, or I could ask my friend to tell me a bit more about her, or I could just leave it and feel that horrible gutting feeling when you just know you can't have what you really, really want whenever I see her. It's a pretty awkward thing to ask but it's all I feel like I can do about it right now. What should I do?
    • Re: Unsure where to go from here...

Mm, yeah, I suppose... I feel like a bit of an idiot now. I guess I can come back to this thread with updates...

And I would never do anything like try and split them up! But it's fair enough that you mentioned that anyway; I know a lot of people who'd be willing to split up a girl and her boyfriend in order to go out with her...