moms boyfriend

• moms boyfriend

So, my whole life it's just been my mom, sister and I. My mom was never into dating and hasn't had a serious boyfriend my whole life. However, last year my sister moved out of the house and we moved out here to Las Vegas and my moms best friend hooked her up with this guy. She only knew him for a few months before he moved in with us.
      I told my mom I didn't like the guy but she didn't listen. We've been living with him for almost 8 months now and I'm about to go crazy. He is one of these guys who has this idea that children should be seen not heard, that he is the adult and I should do what he says and that what I think doesn't matter. He swears at me, won't let me watch TV in the living room when he's home, calls me every name in the book, and whenever something goes wrong he blames me, like his xbox broke and he said well how about I go get a bat and smash your stuff.
      He unemployed so he sits downstairs all day watching the scifi channel. I feel really uncomfortable around him so I never go downstairs and if I have to I just put my head down and do what I need to do as fast as I can do it. I don't know what to do because I'm not use to being treated like this and when I bring it up with my mom she says well what do you want me to do.
      I'm at a loss on how to deal with him :confused:
    • Re: moms boyfriend

Keep explaining what is going on to your mom. Talk to your sister about it, maybe she could talk to your mom. Some how film him when he's being rude to you and show it to someone. Sometimes talking to your friends or adults/teachers at school can help too.
      If it gets bad and you are not wanting to stay at home, try staying at a friends house for a short while to prove your point.

Good Luck!

Iwillbeanonymous wrote:

Simple, treat others the way they treat you. Show you don't get pushed over without something happening.

Trust me I did that. Once he had the music really loud so I turned it down and he went off so I cut the cord on his precious TV. So he smashed my TV when I left for school and cut of power in my room.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Koge ().

I don't know much about this kind of thing. But I don't think you can get anywhere by breaking his stuff. That just comes back to you and will also hurt your mom and sis. Does your sister like him? If she does find out why. If she doesn't the two of you can convince your mom he is no good.

[INDENT]Wow, that's terrible. I'm so sorry. I suggest talking to your mom again and bringing up what makes you feel the way you do about him. Like the things you posted here.

You could also talk to your sister about what's een going on. Since she's older and out of the house I'm sure she'd be more willing and able better to help you then your mother who seems to be in denial. But I would also try talking to her again because perhaps she's done with her denial stage, assuming you spoke to her about this in the beginning of their relationship which is usually the most blind stage.

I'm also going to assume that you and your mom are very close; so talking to her about this shouldn't be too hard. You could also speak to the friend of your mom's the hooked her up with this guy and tell her what's been going on and how you feel so she can talk to your mother about this.

Be aware that this guy can't get away with what he's doing and you can't let him. Also know, you are not powerless. He can't threath you like he is and he certainly can't tell you what you can and cannot do. Considering, he's dating your mom and nothing more. He's not a step dad or anything and if he does and says these things to you. What is he doing to your mother?

Talk to someone.

[/INDENT]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]