I'm popular but i have no friends?

• I'm popular but i have no friends?

When did you get your first REAL best friend? 13
        Primary school (9) 69%
        high school (3) 23%
        college/university (0) 0%
        work (0) 0%
        elsewhere (1) 8%
      Okay, so i haven't done this in a while. To be more precise last time i did this i had just turned 13 and now I am 15 in a couple months.

Basically I am really popular in school (not being big headed, its actually true), everyone knows me and i know everyone. People also know me for the right reasons, being smart, friendly, individual etc... and yeah some people don't like me but it's cos i'm so different and cos i have strong morals but i hundred percent don't try to enforce them on anyone.

The problem is though that i have NO REAL friends, everyone is either 2 faced, an aquaintance ,someone who i just hang around with, or people i have interacted with in the past.
      I don't understand what is wrong with me, i have NEVER had a best freind or a real friend. I am in year 10 now and i'm guessing its too late to make a best friend.

Also whenever i have almost had a really good friend, they have used me to become friends with people who are considered cool. Basically they have no morals, they are not virgins, smoke, drugs, alcahol (spelling??) btw im not being judgemental, i just wouldnt do that.

I'm sorry i tend to waffle on, but basically i feel as if its my fault, i bet i sound really big headed but i'm really not, i am no where near as confident as people think i am. I just think that it's my fault and that maybe i have really high standards. But it's understandable right, i have to be friends with someone who has some level of intelligence, i've had too many 'copy your answers' friends, i have to also be able to have a conversation with them, like i am a talkative person. The thing is people think i am trying too hard to be individual and different but this is GENUINELY me and i know i sound really stupid and have probably contradicted myself several times but i sincerely wanna know what you all think?
      I've written this out and deleted it too many times to delete it again, no more chickening out, i'm gonna post...

thanks for reading and thanks if you reply...xo
      :confused::love1::confused:
      [SIZE=4]:D [/SIZE]
    • Re: I'm popular but i have no friends?

I sometimes feel the same way with my friends. I feel I only have a couple of 'good/best friends' but half the time I don't consider them as that because they either piss me of, or treat me like shit.. but they are still my good friends. It's hard to understand I guess. Since you're only in year 10, you probably think that it's going to be impossible finding a best friend, but it's not. One of my best friends is someone I met in year 11.
      The only advice is try to interact with as many people as possible. Don't just hang out with the same people, try and meet new people and hang out with them. Try to make as many plans as possible with people and maybe you'll be able to get to know people better and realize that you have more in common with these people rather than the the other ones. Also you can have more than one best/good friend.

Good Luck!

Sorry if that didn't really answer your question too well.

music_is_my_anti-drug wrote:

Also whenever i have almost had a really good friend, they have used me to become friends with people who are considered cool. Basically they have no morals, they are not virgins, smoke, drugs, alcahol (spelling??) btw im not being judgemental, i just wouldnt do that.

I'm sorry i tend to waffle on, but basically i feel as if its my fault, i bet i sound really big headed but i'm really not, i am no where near as confident as people think i am. I just think that it's my fault and that maybe i have really high standards. But it's understandable right, i have to be friends with someone who has some level of intelligence, i've had too many 'copy your answers' friends, i have to also be able to have a conversation with them, like i am a talkative person. The thing is people think i am trying too hard to be individual and different but this is GENUINELY me and i know i sound really stupid and have probably contradicted myself several times but i sincerely wanna know what you all think?
      I've written this out and deleted it too many times to delete it again, no more chickening out, i'm gonna post...

thanks for reading and thanks if you reply...xo
      :confused::love1::confused:

Cool it dude. Your being judgemental, even if you don't show it. Hang with the cool guys, and drop all your morals - you might just find out your a hell of a lot happier that way. Don't be afraid to try shit. Virginity is an overrated thing - you don't suddenly lose your head after you have sex. Drugs can be good for your mind too man, but educate yourself. Obviously your not going to want to do anything that will cause your damage. Try smoking some weed, eat a shroom or two - you don't like it, than your entitled to your opinion and nobodies making you take anything again. But things like that don't just make you feel happy, they open the gates in your mind to concepts you could never before grasp. You'll probably find you can relate to people a lot more afterwards. Forget all the bullshit propaganda that they filled your mind with - its all just to keep chains on you.

But hey, don't take my advice. This is one solution of many. The only way to fix your problem is to change the way you think man - and only YOU can make that choice.

I'm similar to this. My only legit friend I made in middle school but now goes elsewhere so I only see him once in a while. In any case I hang out with all the cool kids, I don't mind that they do drugs and alcohol, it's their choice. You can still be friends with these people and not do those things yourself. Give it a try. As far as me is concerned, I just don't have too much in common with most people and don't do great in social situations. But still, take my advice on that. Stay away from that stuff yourself but it's fine if you hang out with people who do it.
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

plax77 wrote:

stop judging everyone, friends will come :)

Idon't feel that i am judging anyone, who am i to tell people how to live thier life, they live it their way i live it mine, i personally just wouldnt do that.
      :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by music_is_my_anti-drug ().

music_is_my_anti-drug wrote:

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Idon't feel that i am judging anyone, who am i to tell people how to live thier life, they live it their way i live it mine, i personally just wouldnt do that.
      :)

you're not judging them out loud, but in your head you're making judgments b4 you talk to anyone. Ever hear never take a book by its cover? well you're doing that, don't make initial impressions.
      fuck.

TVizzy wrote:

Cool it dude. Your being judgemental, even if you don't show it. Hang with the cool guys, and drop all your morals - you might just find out your a hell of a lot happier that way. Don't be afraid to try shit. Virginity is an overrated thing - you don't suddenly lose your head after you have sex. Drugs can be good for your mind too man, but educate yourself. Obviously your not going to want to do anything that will cause your damage. Try smoking some weed, eat a shroom or two - you don't like it, than your entitled to your opinion and nobodies making you take anything again. But things like that don't just make you feel happy, they open the gates in your mind to concepts you could never before grasp. You'll probably find you can relate to people a lot more afterwards. Forget all the bullshit propaganda that they filled your mind with - its all just to keep chains on you.

But hey, don't take my advice. This is one solution of many. The only way to fix your problem is to change the way you think man - and only YOU can make that choice.

So you are seriously advising me to do all of those things. I am only 14! I mean is that what you think i need to do to be cool. I probably didnt mention it but i dont wanna really be part of that group. I'd rather be the biggest loser in the world than do that. Not because of my morals or anything but cos i know how bad it is for me, like seriously i have the weakest immune system ever. and maybe i jus don't want to. Like no offence to anyone but i wanna have my dignity, i dont even have a boyfriend so im not just gonna hook up with somone like that. I dont know how you american's do and to be honest i'm not British even though i live here (born in finland, Ghanaian heritage) and so i will stick to my ways thanks :D who needs friends anyways, i can be independant and successful. Plus only i will get myself where i wanna be not my friends. So i guess your right and i promise you no offence but i think i'll pass on your advice :D:D

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

plax77 wrote:

you're not judging them out loud, but in your head you're making judgments b4 you talk to anyone. Ever hear never take a book by its cover? well you're doing that, don't make initial impressions.

it might seem that way but i was friends with these people for 3 whole years, THEY stopped being close with me cos i wouldnt do the things they did, i dont believe i was wrong for that. I never judge a book by a cover cos i hate it when people do that to me, GENUINELY there is not a single person in my year group who i havent spoken to or been friends with for atleast a day. I still talk to these people that i am supposedly judging, we are just not close :D

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

josh1234 wrote:

I sometimes feel the same way with my friends. I feel I only have a couple of 'good/best friends' but half the time I don't consider them as that because they either piss me of, or treat me like shit.. but they are still my good friends. It's hard to understand I guess. Since you're only in year 10, you probably think that it's going to be impossible finding a best friend, but it's not. One of my best friends is someone I met in year 11.
      The only advice is try to interact with as many people as possible. Don't just hang out with the same people, try and meet new people and hang out with them. Try to make as many plans as possible with people and maybe you'll be able to get to know people better and realize that you have more in common with these people rather than the the other ones. Also you can have more than one best/good friend.

Good Luck!

Sorry if that didn't really answer your question too well.

no, thats quite a good answer actually. Thanks for that, i think you understand what i actually meant :)

I have only had one TRUE best friend. She moved a few years ago and I still haven't found anyone who was the same. We never fought and could talk about anything.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]If a horse runs you over it's because you're in the way. [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][/LEFT]
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]