Yeah...

• Well im not going to sit here and have a pity party. I have a good life, great friends, and hopefully a good future. But recent events have made me somewhat depressed, kind of a feeling that all the work Ive put in for months is falling from under me. I just need something to cheer me up so I dont go insane thinking about it. Any advice on how you get over/jump back from this kind of stuff would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    • Re: Yeah...

Either talk about it to somebody, or just do something to get it out of your head. Often if either I don't feel like talking about it or it's just not convinient, I'll open up a word document on my computer and type every word that comes into my head, like a conversation with myself, and I type it so it's there on my computer and not bouncing around in my head. After about an hour of this I have about a page and a half of thought process, I may have even solved a problem in the process, and in any case I feel refreshed and happy after this.
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

I agree with sharkie, writing stuff down really helps, at least for me. I would also write down every possible positive thing you can think of about the situation and assure yourself that everything will be okay. Honestly, it does help.

And make sure you surround yourself with your friends and people that love you, get out often, do things that you love, etc. The more time you spend by yourself with nothing to do, the more your mind will wander and you'll start feeling depressed again.

Okay, normally I give an essay full of advice as to what you should do, but I'm just gonna be plain and simple for once. Whenever I'm depressed, this will never, ever fail to cheer me up - what Lee Evans, the new O2 one. Or any of your favourite comedians for that matter. I know it's random, but trust me - never fails.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]