I think there's just something about my personality...

• I think there's just something about my personality...

See, the cycle that always happens when I meet new girls generally tends to follow a familiar pattern:

- I strike a conversation with her. I tend to have looks on my side (and I'm saying this as modestly as possible) and I'm able to open up to strangers easily. Maybe a little bit of flirting happens, etc. Conversation goes well.

- I will continue to talk to her the next day as well, making sure to throw in body language and other subtle hints that I'm interested. I start to get my hopes up.

- As the days progress, however, nothing moves forwards, and I start to slide into the friend zone, or she'll just end up slowly starting to avoid me completely.

So my theory is that there's just something about my personality, that if one converses with me for too long, becomes a turn-off. So, girls, I'm asking you (and guys if you have any personal experience on the matter), what, besides the obvious being a complete jerk, would be a turn-off to a girl as far as personality is concerned? Also, how to I get the relationship from friendly flirting to actually getting somewhere? Like I just can't make a move also.

Ugh. Yeah. Advice on anything included here would be beyond helpful.
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

The post was edited 2 times, last by sharkie13 ().

• Re: I think there's just something about my personality...

Two things you have to remember:

Make sure she is thinking about you at a all times: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO HAVE AN AWKWARD MOMENT!!! she will be wondering all day if she should have done something differently. Don't get me wrong, the point is not to torment her, but to get her to think about you and to worry about what you think of her because the more she does that, the more she will like you. Be sure to tease her: if she asks what you like to do, tell her you play a sport and if she asks which one, tell her that you will tell her tomorrow, maybe... again, its not to torture her, but to keep her interest.

BEING "BOYFRIEND MATERIAL": A girl is looking for someone to always be there for her. If someone does something she doesn't like,don't just sit there and comfort her, stand up for her. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET IT COME TO BLOWS!!! Girls hate that in guys. But use a witty insult that will make the jerk go away and make the girl laugh at the same time. pm me if you want to learn how to have a witty insult/comeback ready for any occasion. The other day a girl insulted the appearance of the girl sitting next to me in class whom I had never met before (it was like the third day of school). I said to the girl who insulted her: "You, on the other hand, must get your good looks from your father... He is a plastic surgeon, right?" The girl walked away and the girl sitting next to me laughed and thanked me and we talked until class started. Then, halfway through class, when the teacher left the room for a moment, she kissed me (wasn't expecting that). Point is, show her that you are strong (can protect her from jerks) and sensitive (can protect her feelings).

Good luck, Hope I helped!
      Define the universe and give two examples...you have 30 seconds...

This might not help, but maybe try not talking to her as often. I know that the reason I was interested in the guy I'm with now is cause he would flirt with me a bit.. and then just go off and do his own thing, which got me more interested because I guess in a way I got jealous. I don't know if that really helps at all, it just seemed from what you said that you try to talk to her as often as possible. Just don't do that, go talk/flirt with her, but also go and talk to other girls as well. That way she'll probably be like "oh hey, other girls are interested in him..." and she'll be more compelled to talk to you :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cupcake 1992 wrote:

Well I haven't met you, but I doubt it's your personality. To what you said, it just sounds like you come off too strong. Just keep things simple and leave her guessing.

I've gotten "be less clingy", but "coming on too strong" is something that nobody's told me when i explain the situation. And thinking about it you might be right; can you elaborate on that a bit?
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

you've gotta learn to close, you have a strong start now all you have to do is seal the deal.

Talk/text her after yall text for a couple days, and ask her if she would ever like to do something.

Use those looks, and body language if in person to ask her out, be flirty and clever but most importantly HAVE FUN and BE YOURSELF please.

sharkie13 wrote:

I've gotten "be less clingy", but "coming on too strong" is something that nobody's told me when i explain the situation. And thinking about it you might be right; can you elaborate on that a bit?

Well clingy is more of a term used for a partner who likes to be with their other half constantly. My opinion from what you've told me is you come off too strong to the other girl. This could make her act quite a few different ways. If she's a shy girl then they tend to steer clear of the 'strong personality type' guys, as they prefer someone more subdued and laid back. They might even be a little nervous to say anything because of your 'loud' personality.
      I'm quite a loud outgoing person myself, which tends to put some guys off. Do we know exactly why? No, we don't. Everyone has their own specific reasons. Should we care? No we shouldn't. My advice to you is act yourself and if they aren't interested, leave them be. Instead of asking the question "Why doesn't she like me?" ask the question "Is she really the right one?"
      And remember, being in the "friend zone" is not a bad thing. As most girls usually find their long time friends being great partners. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake 1992 ().

You wanna know why girls love mysterious guys???

Because they keep them wondering.

They never know what to expect next.

But then you never know what kind of girl you might get.

Maybe you do come off really strong and intimidating and that is why girls step back from you.

Maybe you just like of them as a potential friend first instead of trying to be thier boyfriend.

Try to build a strong relationship before you get into a serious relationship.

if you wanna go formy mysterious thing, dont be too mysterious, dont try to go for the hard to get, i want to be chased thing, if you say you are going to call them or you are going to talk to them later, dont wait a week until you talk to them. Girls liked to be chased they dont want to chase you.

Just be yourself but a little toned down. =]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]Skins[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Everyone Tries to be Different. Thats why all of us are the same. [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Alright, fuck it, I don't have time to waste reading all these replies, good or not.
      My input is this.

There are some great girls out there, but once you get into the flow of meeting all these worthless, stupid people, then you have to break that.

You're just meeting the wrong girls. There is NO such thing as having a shit personality, but there is such a thing as incompatibility. So maybe they just don't like your personality? Fuck them!

Keep going, meet different kinds of girls, maybe even ones you never focused on before, see where it goes.

The other thing is okay, no such thing as shit personality but also a thing called being a freaking creep. No way dude, I'm not saying you are one, but what kinds of things do you talk about?

If you started asking invasive questions or anything, shit like that too early, there's your problem. What you are trying to identify is what YOU don't see as weird, but all the girls DO.

So, I guess you'll need to tell us the kinds of things you talk about? Maybe a rundown in detail of the most recent occurrence?

-Gp.