God.

• DamnImGood wrote:

"If there is a God, it HAS to be a man. No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
      - George Carlin

George Carlin is just so funny, but he makes sense there (yet again) xD
      [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][COLOR="DimGray"][/COLOR][RIGHT][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Fall deeper into a world, that you cant explain[SIZE="2"][/SIZE][COLOR="Indigo"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]
    • DamnImGood wrote:

"If there is a God, it HAS to be a man. No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
      - George Carlin

It's funny and sad at the same time because that joke has evolved from the one that talks about how it has to be a woman because no man could ever come up with the beauty of the things around us, to that. Lol.

That's right folks, I used the word EVOLVE.

SHAZAM!
    • I really don't think God (or an religious deity for that matter) is real. I just think the universe happens, and the universe just exists. Not everything has to be created to exist and I don't believe in an afterlife.

I think things just happen.
      [CENTER]
      [09:55] Arthur.: Hehehe, well im not gonna pretend i didnt miss you, i was starting to cry.... y'know, being apat for so long
      [/CENTER]
    • Pickles wrote:

It would not be called God if it were a she..if it was a she then IT would be called a Goddess.

okay then, *Goddess
      [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][COLOR="DimGray"][/COLOR][RIGHT][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Fall deeper into a world, that you cant explain[SIZE="2"][/SIZE][COLOR="Indigo"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]
    • I think it's silly to believe that it's black and white one way or the other. "The idea of a guy sitting up there watching and controlling everything that has, had, or ever will happen makes no sense, ergo there is no deity." There is an in-between that can be explored.
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
    • I am both an atheist and evolutionist. Christian people will go all "But the universe just couldn't explode from nothing, so your points are moot."
      Christians believe that Atheists believe that the universe just exploded from nothing. We do not believe in that. I believe that we are just on one of the thousands of expands and implodes that the galaxy goes through. It might be the first, or one of millions that have happened. As for the start, I'm open minded to anything scientific.
      I do not believe in God because I find the point that something has just existed for eternity without a beginning laughable. Nothing just has existed. Another dis-believe of mine is that humans came from 2 people. That on it own might be possible to one point, but really it wouldn't happen.
      I do believe we evolved from a certain species of great apes, since humans have similar looks to Chimpanzees and Gorillas.
      Christians that say that Atheists and Agnostics are going to be destroyed in the Lake of Fire (oxymoron?) are just scaring us. If we don't believe in a religious end, it won't happen.
    • I actually quite like the idea of a God. The fact of the matter is that we're still not entirely sure about how life came about and how something so complex as DNA started. The idea of an Intelligent Designer just seems... I dunno, nice.
      Of course, that is no proof, and we may well, with scientific development always rolling, find a solution to the life-starting problem. I'm as open to theism as to atheism, though probably not a God in any religion.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]
    • daniel192 wrote:

I am both an atheist and evolutionist. Christian people will go all "But the universe just couldn't explode from nothing, so your points are moot."
      Christians believe that Atheists believe that the universe just exploded from nothing. We do not believe in that. I believe that we are just on one of the thousands of expands and implodes that the galaxy goes through. It might be the first, or one of millions that have happened. As for the start, I'm open minded to anything scientific.
      I do not believe in God because I find the point that something has just existed for eternity without a beginning laughable. Nothing just has existed.
      You're contradicting yourself.

You first say that the universe can't have come from nothing. You then say that something needs to have a beginning; it can't be eternal.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If everything has a beginning, then yes, the universe would have came from nothing at some point in time.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • I think, to be honest, no-one knows what's truelly going to happen. There's no proof of anyones theorys, you have to find out for yourself. Everyone deserves their own opinion, and I wouldn't want to change anyone elses opinion. There's just some questions in life that can't be answered, and it's something we've gotta live with.
    • daniel192 wrote:

I am both an atheist and evolutionist. Christian people will go all "But the universe just couldn't explode from nothing, so your points are moot."
      I do not believe in God because I find the point that something has just existed for eternity without a beginning laughable. Nothing just has existed. Another dis-believe of mine is that humans came from 2 people. That on it own might be possible to one point, but really it wouldn't happen.
      I do believe we evolved from a certain species of great apes, since humans have similar looks to Chimpanzees and Gorillas.
      Christians that say that Atheists and Agnostics are going to be destroyed in the Lake of Fire (oxymoron?) are just scaring us. If we don't believe in a religious end, it won't happen.

What if a force that one might call God initiated the Big Bang? Everything that happens thereafter would technically be His creation.
      Also, "thousands of of expands and implodes that the galaxy goes through". I'm sorry, but what? If you're talking about the universe here which I'm assuming you are, scientists have made solid predictions that the universe will continue expanding infinitely, actually speeding up due to dark matter and whatnot. You also touch on the multiuniverse theory which kinda works like universes "bubbling" off of other existing universes as far as timespace is concerned.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

You're contradicting yourself.

You first say that the universe can't have come from nothing. You then say that something needs to have a beginning; it can't be eternal.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If everything has a beginning, then yes, the universe would have came from nothing at some point in time.

Good point. What's interesting to note is that in this universe, before the big bang, there was no timespace, so there WAS NO TIME. As in, nothing was existing for an infinite amount of time before hand because TIME DID NOT EXIST. Kinda hard to comprehend but yeah.

Kinda funfact is that the bible begins with the words "In the beginning." Translated into the original Hebrew and you get "בראשית" (pronounced "b'reisheet"). The first letter of this is a Bet, which looks like this: ב. (Note that Hebrew is read right to left.) So the very first letter of the bible looks like a three sided square in which the open end faces everything that comes after it. Anything before it is closed off. It's been interpreted that this is actually symbolic to the fact that we may question and study everything that comes after that, but everything before it is simply beyond human knowledge and we should not seek to learn it.

Which scientifically makes sense because of what I said above. I just find that kinda cool.
      [SIZE=4]"A man can do any amount of work, granted it's not the work he's supposed to be doing."[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] -I completely forget who said this[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
    • daniel192 wrote:

Christians that say that Atheists and Agnostics are going to be destroyed in the Lake of Fire (oxymoron?) are just scaring us.

Um lava would be a lake of fire...so yeah its not an oxymoron.

But as far as a "god" I believe that religion (and therefore god(s)) were created by man to answer questions that are beyond our grasp. For example the Egyptians didn't know that the earth orbited the sun, thus causing the sun to rise and set, so they created a god that controlled the sun. Now that we (humans) understand science (for the most part) most of those so called "unanswerable" questions have been answered. A major one that is left is "what is the purpose of life" and I believe the existence of this question without an answer is why religions are still quite prolific throughout the world.
      What I should have said was...Nothing!