Losing weight

• Losing weight

I'm 5'0" and 152lbs, and I'd like to lose about 40lbs quickly, but not too fast obviously.

I am getting a breast reduction surgery in November and I expect it to knock off at least 5lbs.

I have really bad eating habits, and I find when I start eating, I can't stop. So what I'm thinking I will do is fast, sort of Ramadan-style, eating nothing except in the morning and at dinner, and drinking alot of water during the day. Also I've started walking home from school everyday which is about 2 miles.

Will I reach my goal quickly this way, or do I need to change something?
    • Re: Losing weight

first of all 40 pounds?!? girl, that will look unhealthy. maybe go something like 20 pounds. will look so much better.

walking 2 miles is a good start. and i know how you feel with eating but it takes a lot of will power and i know you can do it. if you eat junk food, hardly eat some and do as what you said. but i suggest try eating healthier. like find some fruit that satsifies your sweet tooth like strawberries! then you can eat alot. get some health food chips.

now to lose weight quicklky you want to do lots of cardio and i suggest interval training. say like you walk first for some minutes then you jog then run then walk all over again.

drink lots of water and do some strengthening workouts too. you can easily look these up on google or youtube. do one day for upper body then lower body and so on.
      hope this helps.

man i should take up my advice. lol.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

So you're too lazy to work out you have shit eating habbits yet you want to loose 40lb???

So your solution is to fast and walk for 20 min a day?

That's just stupid and nothing good will come of it. You will loose too much muscle whilst telling your body that food is sparce, meaning that it will store as much as possible.

You say that when you start eating you can't stop, how much more do you think you'll eat if you're hungry all day??

Go talk to a doctor seriously.

jordan132;1506655 wrote:

when i joined guys privacy i figured there would be nothing here except a hole in the wall to peak into the girls privacy

as a guy, losing weight is much more easier for us. i used to weigh 240lbs and now im at 200 maybe 195 at the moment. once you start noticing your clothes fit. it is very motivating to not stop. count your calories :D google how to count your calories and take no more than 1800 per day. that is healthy for women. no more than 2000. if you do exceed 1800-2000+ make sure your doing extra cardio to burn those calories. right now, even though i know it's really unhealthy..i take in about 1300-1500 calories a day and burn about 2400 calories per day. play soccer and during workouts at school we run about 2 miles. then on my own at my house i run anywhere from 2 miles to 6 miles. sometimes i try to get 8. of course i dont run non stop. but what i use is that nike chip. and i set the device to tell me when i've burned lets say 600 calories. and when i burn 600 that's when i go home and well there's my workout. its all about motivation. and give it about 2 weeks and you will start noticing a difference.

_Frank_ wrote:

So you're too lazy to work out you have shit eating habbits yet you want to loose 40lb???

That's just stupid and nothing good will come of it. You will loose too much muscle whilst telling your body that food is sparce, meaning that it will store as much as possible.

You say that when you start eating you can't stop, how much more do you think you'll eat if you're hungry all day??

You're being just plain rude.
      There's no reason to mock my goals or tell me that my plan 'just stupid'.
      What I think is stupid is how you gave me no advice at all, just jumped on me out of nowhere.

Samanthakathryn wrote:

I'm 5'0" and 152lbs, and I'd like to lose about 40lbs quickly, but not too fast obviously.

I am getting a breast reduction surgery in November and I expect it to knock off at least 5lbs.

I have really bad eating habits, and I find when I start eating, I can't stop. So what I'm thinking I will do is fast, sort of Ramadan-style, eating nothing except in the morning and at dinner, and drinking alot of water during the day. Also I've started walking home from school everyday which is about 2 miles.

Will I reach my goal quickly this way, or do I need to change something?

Hm. It's harder to lose than it is to put on. I suggest find a healthy diet that fits you and do alot of cardio. I used to be 220 and I got down to 180 and then put on 20 pounds of muscle. Start a workout routine. Go to the gym and do anything strength wise. I suggest to burn fat, use lighter weights with high reps. I also suggest that you replace everything you drink with water, if its hard to drink water, go to the store and get some flavor to put into it. A pound of fat = 3200 calories, keep this in mind. Eat between 1500-1800 calories a day. I will pray for you. OH! You can do cardio every day of the week. I usually work out 5 days a week..interval sets though.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

_Frank_ wrote:

Your a douche bag and a failure in life.

Thank you Taylor, I've never tried counting calories, but that might be a good way to keep me on track. I think it will be easier to stay within limits.

Thank you Indy as well. I didn't know that 3200 calories equaled a pound, that will help alot. Cardio is fast-paced, right? I've always been weary of that because I've had severe asthma since I was a kid. I think I'm going to try anyway, it will probably help me in the long run with my breathing once I get used to it.

Thanks again :)

Samanthakathryn wrote:

Thank you Taylor, I've never tried counting calories, but that might be a good way to keep me on track. I think it will be easier to stay within limits.

Thank you Indy as well. I didn't know that 3200 calories equaled a pound, that will help alot. Cardio is fast-paced, right? I've always been weary of that because I've had severe asthma since I was a kid. I think I'm going to try anyway, it will probably help me in the long run with my breathing once I get used to it.

Thanks again :)

Anytime! Cardio can be anything from walking to sprinting. I usually run 3-4 miles a day on a treadmill. It will help your asthma problem once you get used to it, but I'd check with your doctor about that because I don't want to tell you anything that might get you hurt.

Fasting will only make you fatter. My suggestion would be to strictly limit your eating habits, and start to only eat healthy foods. Cut sugar, fat, and calories. Get enough fiber and vitamins. One of the best foods you could eat that's easily available in your refrigerator is apple skins. Peel the skins into a bowl and eat only the skins. Massive nutrients and its filling. Find healthy foods you like, don't deprive yourself. Find exercise you like. Boxing, martial arts, dancing, mountain biking, etc and do it regularly. 40lbs is an unrealistic goal, but doing these things will surely shave a few pounds off of you. Me? I like to ride my bike as fast as I can down the local bike path while blasting fast techno music into my skull. It get the best cardio ever and its uber fun. I also do this for 40 minutes a day:

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI0XW6WH_BU&feature=PlayList&p=06624795FE649483&index=0']YouTube - How To Jerk/Jerk Tutorial [Diamond Set Edition][/ame]

Not really. But you get my point.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bad news ().

Hi there,

Its a great idea to follow the ramadan style fast if you are thinking of losing weight.
      But make sure you don't starve and have nutritious diet when you break the fast.

Also you can try your hand at aerobics at home. I bought this dvd called Bollyrobics and it shows aerobics in dance form. Its so much fun to dance while you lose weight. It has worked for me.

Have a look at the trailer of Bollyrobics in You tube and decide for yourself.
      Good luck!

gal_gina wrote:

Hi there,

Its a great idea to follow the ramadan style fast if you are thinking of losing weight.
      But make sure you don't starve and have nutritious diet when you break the fast.

Also you can try your hand at aerobics at home. I bought this dvd called Bollyrobics and it shows aerobics in dance form. Its so much fun to dance while you lose weight. It has worked for me.

Good luck!

:lolz::lolz::lolz:

Strong Marketing FAIL

jordan132;1506655 wrote:

when i joined guys privacy i figured there would be nothing here except a hole in the wall to peak into the girls privacy

gal_gina wrote:

Hi there,

Good luck!

absolutely full of shit, ramadan is not a diet.

but yes aerobics is fine