A Crush on My Best Friend

• A Crush on My Best Friend

ok, so this is a sort of long story but ill try to get through the background as quick as possible.

So basically, my best friend is this girl (i am a guy). We have been friends for bout 5 years now. now i first developed a crush on her round the middle of senior year (which was last year). i ended up telling that i liked her, and she really didnt say much bout it and quickly changed the topic. i thought that she was just confused about it and that she kinda didnt want to, so basically i told her lets forget about it and just remain friend which we did and still are. however i found out later that she in fact had a secret bf which prolly made her so confused. they have since broken up

but since, we just havent talked about it or brought it up. until recently i really haddnt felt those feelings for her as strongly as i did. but recently, she has had a stalker and i have been playing body-guard for her bcuz the kid is scared shitless of me. but in a nutshell, i have been crushing really hard for her again.

im kind of torn on what to do, we get along really well and always have so i think we'd make a pretty good couple. but im not sure if im her type as she usually is attracted to punk-rock looking douchebag potheads....and i am more of a guido, lol. also, i think we are both afraid of ruining our great friendship, so i think that wud be a big thing working against us.

basically what im asking is if we'd have a chance and if i should try and persue anything?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]Two men can keep a secret...
      but only if one of them is Dead...[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: A Crush on My Best Friend

The Harbinger wrote:

ok, so this is a sort of long story but ill try to get through the background as quick as possible.

So basically, my best friend is this girl (i am a guy). We have been friends for bout 5 years now. now i first developed a crush on her round the middle of senior year (which was last year). i ended up telling that i liked her, and she really didnt say much bout it and quickly changed the topic. i thought that she was just confused about it and that she kinda didnt want to, so basically i told her lets forget about it and just remain friend which we did and still are. however i found out later that she in fact had a secret bf which prolly made her so confused. they have since broken up

but since, we just havent talked about it or brought it up. until recently i really haddnt felt those feelings for her as strongly as i did. but recently, she has had a stalker and i have been playing body-guard for her bcuz the kid is scared shitless of me. but in a nutshell, i have been crushing really hard for her again.

im kind of torn on what to do, we get along really well and always have so i think we'd make a pretty good couple. but im not sure if im her type as she usually is attracted to punk-rock looking douchebag potheads....and i am more of a guido, lol. also, i think we are both afraid of ruining our great friendship, so i think that wud be a big thing working against us.

basically what im asking is if we'd have a chance and if i should try and persue anything?

im not the greatest advice giver, so wait until someone else replies as well. i think you should take it slowly and try again. i dont really see why not, but i might be wrong. so... yeah :o sorry im not much help :P

To be honest, most people dont respond because they have responded to these articles 1 million times before.

But being young is all about taking chances in relationships, and learning things. Dont be afraid to jump when you already know what is at the bottom.
      either you ask, and she doesn't want to try or she wants to start seeing you, or you dont and possibly miss out on a fulfilling relationship that could go great places.

talk to her about it. tell her that you don't want to screw up what you have, but you honestly love her. You don't want to rush into anything, and you're willing to be just friends. Its good for at least two reasons. a: If she has these types of feelings for you, the n she will know you're interested if she is. and b: it will warm you up talking about sensitive/awkward/uncomfortable issues, which is key in a relationship. Normally I would say develop a close friendship before you try to get romantic(and don't try, let it happen) but you already have a good foundation. If she is the type of person you can trust any information with, no matter how trivial or important, shes definitely the right type of person; and if not, you still have a great friend. Its also good to have someone you tak share anything with. from random thoughts, to deapest secrets, and not wonder if they will hate you for it, or think your weird.

You cant choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose how you respond to such feelings.

good luck! Im off to bed.

Basically,
      If shes as good as a friend you say she is, you just need to talk to her about it.
      Don't go full out expressing your feelings, just ask her about the idea of you two being a pair.

If she wants to remain friends, that's that and it might be slightly awkward but if shes a good friend she will remain cool about it as you will.

Talking about it and playing it as it goes is all you can do here.