Bad Dreams

• Hello :)

I'm pretty new to this, and was just looking for some advice on something that has been playing on my mind for a while now. A little over a year ago, my godmother committed suicide not long after her only months old baby died from a rare down syndrome condition. About 6 months after my godmothers death, i woke from my sleep one night with a weird strangling feeling around my neck, and the thing that distresses me is that she killed herself by hanging herself. It distresses me greatly as prior to this event i had experienced dreams of her, and then this event happened. I don't know if it is a psychological feeling or dream, i have no knowlege of what is is. could you perhaps explain to me what you may think? and any advice you have to perhaps ease my mind.

Thanksssssss

xxx
    • Re: Bad Dreams

Hey there

First of all I'm sorry for your loss, that must be very tough. Unfortunately I haven't started taking any psychology courses yet, but from what I can gather is it sounds like pure coincidence that that feeling happened around your neck. You could've just been imagining it in your dream, and you weren't fully awake yet. I've had instances where I would wake up with the same feelings that I had in a dream, usually not good feelings. So I think it could possibly be caused by your dreams you've been having; it's honestly really hard to say.

If it happens again, I'd seek medical advice, because it could be something more serious, I'm not too sure. Just to keep yourself safe. You could also talk to a psychotherapist if you really can't get past it, I'm sure they would have a better explanation than anyone on here can :)
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]
    • Re: Bad Dreams

Welcome, here! :)

So sorry to hear about your Godmother and her baby.

I think your being haunted by your dreams. It's generally psychological. I remember one time I watched someone get attacked by bees and it haunted me; I dreamt about getting stung all over to the point where it was realistic. Sometimes the haunting can feel so real it becomes physically felt. It's not out of the ordinary and I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they start getting so serious that you actually feel strangled and can't breathe or anything like that, I'd go to a doctor and make sure you don't get any psychological diseases to the point where you can actually mentally tear yourself down.

Try to listen to very upbeat music and watch cartoons before sleeping, that way your dreams will feel less dramatic and more of a bubbly escape.
      Good luck :thumbsup:
      [CENTER]
      [09:55] Arthur.: Hehehe, well im not gonna pretend i didnt miss you, i was starting to cry.... y'know, being apat for so long
      [/CENTER]