I shouldn't still be getting spanked at 13???

• Re: I shouldn't still be getting spanked at 13???

Maybe it was just a control mechanism. A lot parents do things like that to their children just to win the battles. What were you fighting about anyway?
    " Listen to the MUSTN'TS child, Listen to the DON'TS. Listen to the SHOULDN'TS, The IMPOSSIBLES, The WON'TS. Listen to the never heaves, then listen close to me - Anything can happen child. ANYTHING that can be. " -- Shel Silverstein.

i have never gotten a spanking, but i remember seeing my
    brothers get them and it looked like it hurt. i honestly dont
    think anyone is too old for a spanking. some kids just dont
    get it, with being grounded or being lectured. i think you
    walk away with a sore ass and a lot more RESPECT for your
    mom. you'll appreciate it in the long run.

adamowen1 wrote:

Hi,

Just to clarify, does your mum look or touch any of your private parts?

NO she does not ...even when she yank my pjs down the other day ...she just whacked my ass a few times with the shoe then pulled them straight back up :eek: ...I doubt she was looking at much ..she was too angry. The other times I was paddled over my jeans or leggings.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alisha101 ().

Jenna[go]RAWR!™;2336638 wrote:

i have never gotten a spanking, but i remember seeing my

brothers get them and it looked like it hurt. i honestly dont
    think anyone is too old for a spanking. some kids just dont
    get it, with being grounded or being lectured. i think you
    walk away with a sore ass and a lot more RESPECT for your
    mom. you'll appreciate it in the long run.

I agree ...its probably doing you good to be honest ..when you mum's made her point she'll probably stop whacking you ...you'll just have to put up with the occassional sore butt till then!! :)

My dad always used to spank me, until he moved away when I was 11. Now when he comes to visit, haha, he never gets us in trouble. Hell, he usually covers for us if we want to do something. ;)

But as for still being spanked at age 13, it all depends on the severity of what you did. It also depends on what their parents did. For example, if someone's mom or dad never spanked them, it is highly unlikely that they will spank their kids in the future, and vice versa. Ask your grandparents when they stopped (assuming that they ever did) spanking your parents. You'll probably stop getting spanked around the same age. :)

Chris! wrote:

My dad always used to spank me, until he moved away when I was 11. Now when he comes to visit, haha, he never gets us in trouble. Hell, he usually covers for us if we want to do something. ;)

But as for still being spanked at age 13, it all depends on the severity of what you did. It also depends on what their parents did. For example, if someone's mom or dad never spanked them, it is highly unlikely that they will spank their kids in the future, and vice versa. Ask your grandparents when they stopped (assuming that they ever did) spanking your parents. You'll probably stop getting spanked around the same age. :)

I already thought I'd stopped being smacked cus it hadn't happened for a couple of years ..then to my surprise I was whacked pretty hard twice in one week.

Apparently my recent behaviour drove her to take a shoe to my butt ..so she says, and I'll know when I'm too old cus I wont have felt the shoe on my ass for a while. Although I've been threatened with the 'shoe' since ..it hasn't actually happened ..yet?!! ...I'd be too embrarassed to ask my grandparents about it I think.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alisha101 ().

Well I don't know if this is just me but I don't believe in smacking at all. I used to get it alot when I was a kid and I absolutly hated it, I don't think any child deserves to be harmed in any way weather its a hand, a shoe, a fist, anything. I would never do this to my child and I belive you should love a child and never lay a finger on them. But thats not to say I don't believe in any form of punishment, because I do. Without it every kid woud turn into stoners, alcoholics, murderers and in general a bunch of massive wrecks. I believe that parents should find some other form of punishment, but never smacking. And especially after, I think talking it out instead of immediatly going for the punishment is much better. My mom has never been a big fan of the whole talking it out thing she's always just been stubborn and refused to have the conversation and completely ignored whatever I have to say and I'd much rather she'd talk about it with me rather than just blanking it out. My advice to you really is to do the obvious: If you don't want to get smacked don't do anything bad! Try and be a good child and I know it can be hard a lot of times but if thats the way your mother is there's not much you can do about it. You can try talking it out with her and tell her you'd rather you got punished in some other form of way rather than smacking as it's childish & embaressing. But also just think of the fact that you are ALOT lucky than other children out there who suffer from severe child abuse.
    Good Luck!:)

I think when youre litle like a kid you should just get a smack but as you grow older then you nedd something more. Thta how my parents do it anyway. The last time I got a harsh beating was when I was 16 and it was with a riding crop out in the stables. Cant say I didnt desreve it. And I reckon I'll do the same for my kids. I dont have have a problem with using a whip in moderation but then I guess it what youre used to. Anyway Im an apprentice jockey and I use the whip in my work so I can hardly complain.
    [SIZE=3]Sparky Marky[/SIZE]

Even though I am completely against spanking, I will try answer this from a neutral perspective.

If you have done something wrong, then your mum will have good reason to spank you. do you act younger than your age around your parents? If you do then your parents may not even think about your age.

But just to win an argument, that is totally wrong. Think though, were you at fault? Did you swear or insult her? If not and it was just an argument then your mum is in the wrong, you shouldn't be hit just because she is in an argument with you.

So, if you have done something wrong, just accept the punishment. If you haven't, make sure you dont let her spank you untill you know why, and if it is a proper reason.
    Hope this helps.