I'm not sure how I feel..

• I'm not sure how I feel..

But I'm pretty sure it fits into the depression forum.

Lately, my emotions have just been up and down. I've been letting my emotions get the best of me, and I cry about a lot of things. It's finally sinking in that his parents don't want us to be together, and that they'll do anything in their power to keep us apart. So...the other morning it was starting to hit me incredibly hard, and I sat in bed for a good hour, crying.

I'm finally willing to admit that I'm scared. I'm terrified of them riping up apart. It's probably the scariest thing to me right now. I don't want that to happen, I can see myself with him for probably...forever. I honestly can believe that he's the one. And I've never felt this way before. And I can't stand that they're trying to rip us apart. It hurts so much. Especially when not even 6 months ago, they absolutely loved me. It's just not making any sense to me anymore.

I just don't want my emotions to control my life. Because when I start to feel scared, I always think the worst about everything. Every little thing just scares me beyond belief. Like, I worry if he's cheating on me, or if he's losing the feelings we have for each other.

I'm scared. :(
    • Re: I'm not sure how I feel..

I don't think you like me.but I'm still gonna share my advice =]

my friend is in the same situation but they can't date..but it is your life..talk to his parents,confront them or get him to confront them..they have no right to tear yall apart.it is yall life to life not theirs.if it is meant to be,it will be..don't worry if he is cheating on you and stuff.that is just things that you shouldn't be thinking about.instead think about the good times yall have had.I'm sure yall have had many memories so think about them..you must love him to put up with his parents and stuff.so FIGHT for what you love..

and also,
      God will never give you more then you can handle. delight yourself in the Lord and he will give your the desires of your heart.

I hope this may have helped some.if not, I'm sorry and I hope it all works out =]

I know you dont like me much either but here we go:

If you and him 100% want to be together, then it WILL work out, the more people try to rip you apart the more your gonna want to be together, and the closier you will end up being

Have you talked to the parents, what is there reasoning for not wanting you two to be together? what does your bf think of the whole situation?

If its religious reasons, then its gonna be a bit tougher, but you havent given us enough details

Its alrite to be worried, hell I would be too, but have they done anything to DIRECTLY rip you guys apart?
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Kevmo7 wrote:

I know you dont like me much either but here we go:

If you and him 100% want to be together, then it WILL work out, the more people try to rip you apart the more your gonna want to be together, and the closier you will end up being

Have you talked to the parents, what is there reasoning for not wanting you two to be together? what does your bf think of the whole situation?

If its religious reasons, then its gonna be a bit tougher, but you havent given us enough details

Its alrite to be worried, hell I would be too, but have they done anything to DIRECTLY rip you guys apart?

Okay, so his parents are extremely closed-minded people. They don't believe that long distance relationships should happen. We were together a year before I moved away. And up until I moved, they adored me.

As of late, they've threatened to kick him out of the house if he dates me, and they even have people that I had spoken to when I was in high school, to see my facebook and myspace pages. So we're on a way secretive level at this point.

Heatherbby wrote:

Okay, so his parents are extremely closed-minded people. They don't believe that long distance relationships should happen. We were together a year before I moved away. And up until I moved, they adored me.

As of late, they've threatened to kick him out of the house if he dates me, and they even have people that I had spoken to when I was in high school, to see my facebook and myspace pages. So we're on a way secretive level at this point.

hmmmm

so just because its long distance, it shouldnt happen in there mind?

So there sorta pressuring him to get a girl thats local and thats why your scared of him cheating?

you didnt answer my other question, whats your bf's view on this whole situation?
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Kevmo7 wrote:

hmmmm

so just because its long distance, it shouldnt happen in there mind?

So there sorta pressuring him to get a girl thats local and thats why your scared of him cheating?

you didnt answer my other question, whats your bf's view on this whole situation?

That's their belief. They don't even want him to have any sort of contact with me at all. But luckily he's not on their cell phone plan, so he can talk to me as much as he wants.

They're not trying to get him to date someone else, they just don't want him with me. I'm just worried that he's gonna start seeing it their way, and go off with someone else. I'm paranoid like that.

And sorry I didn't answer that. I musta read too fast or something. He said he's not gonna give up on me. And that he loves me. And wants to be with me. So we're just playing it day by day.

Heatherbby wrote:

That's their belief. They don't even want him to have any sort of contact with me at all. But luckily he's not on their cell phone plan, so he can talk to me as much as he wants.

They're not trying to get him to date someone else, they just don't want him with me. I'm just worried that he's gonna start seeing it their way, and go off with someone else. I'm paranoid like that.

And sorry I didn't answer that. I musta read too fast or something. He said he's not gonna give up on me. And that he loves me. And wants to be with me. So we're just playing it day by day.

Yeah, if your still in contact thats great

So the only direct problem at the moment is his parents dont want you to be in contact, but you are, and your relationship is still going pretty good

Then really, you dont have much of a problem, just keep it going how it is :D :wink:
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Hmm, wow... I think it will be very hard, but I can tell you're willing to try and as long as he is willing to try I'm sure you'll stay together. Don't start worrying unless he starts lieing or saying he will call but doesn't. things like that..
      I really hope his parents quit being jerks. You seem to love him a ton.
      "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

Don't worry, if it's meant to be it will be.
      My emotions, like yours, are a rollercoaster going up and down and I find myself crying over many things.
      You just have to have faith that things will work in the end.
      Sounds like Romeo and Juliet without the suicide to me.
      You're romance is based off of Shakespeare... that's hawt. :]

Bektas wrote:

Is there a reason behind this hate?

Read the thread. I already explain. :/

Angelwings411 wrote:

Don't worry, if it's meant to be it will be.
      My emotions, like yours, are a rollercoaster going up and down and I find myself crying over many things.
      You just have to have faith that things will work in the end.
      Sounds like Romeo and Juliet without the suicide to me.
      You're romance is based off of Shakespeare... that's hawt. :]

That is hawt.
      And we definitely aren't planning suicide, don't worry.
      It's just so hard to keep the faith, when they're trying so hard to tear us apart. It's...ridiculous.

Not having the approval of a significant other's parents can be rough, but honestly they don't really matter. This relationship isn't about his parents, it is about you and him. Don't let what they are saying affect you, it is obvious you two love eachother very much, and if that is the case I don't think you have to worry about his parents tearing you two apart.

All great, loving relationships have obstacles. Whether or not it can overcome those obstacles is what allows us to know if the romance is the real deal or not. If things don't work out because of this, then he wasn't the one. Don't let that get you down though, you are still young and there are so many others out there. Of course, that is only if worse comes to worse. By the looks of it, I think you two will make it through this with no problem.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Do any of your parents actually like their in laws? most people dont get on with their in law's.

It always happens in the end, your partners family always ends up disliking you, usualy because you take the side of your partner in everything and never their side and then they end up resenting you.

My parents still like my girlfriend, but her parents have gone from loving me to really disliking me, they were legends to me for about a year then suddenly decided they didnt like me, its always really awkward when im round there now, her dad still gets on with me but he doesnt get on with the family but the rest of them dislike me. It doesnt bother me, it makes things awkward but it isnt going to affect my relationship.

We dont get on because they are a band of idiots, her mum has serious favourites, her oldest son is by far her favourite and gets away with anything he wants, her mum is a chicken shit who is scared of her children and so lets them get away with anything, e.g the oldest son beat the shit out of my girlfriends sister, her mum let him because shes scared of her own son, and he threatend to knock out my girlfriend when she had a go at her mum for being so biased (mummy's boy) i wasnt there and told her if he hit her i was getting the police involved if they dont (hes a grown man who threatens his teenage siblings with violence and spends all his time with his mum, he lives on the same road as her...). Instant bad repuation with their family.

Secondly when i go down there her mum will give me some cash to do her favours e.g go to the shops for her and get something, then she complains afterwards that i use up all their money on petrol!!!!!

You can never get on with a partners family in the long run because they always end up resenting you for pinching their child/sibling.

Sharkbait wrote:

Do any of your parents actually like their in laws? most people dont get on with their in law's.

It always happens in the end, your partners family always ends up disliking you, usualy because you take the side of your partner in everything and never their side and then they end up resenting you.

My parents still like my girlfriend, but her parents have gone from loving me to really disliking me, they were legends to me for about a year then suddenly decided they didnt like me, its always really awkward when im round there now, her dad still gets on with me but he doesnt get on with the family but the rest of them dislike me. It doesnt bother me, it makes things awkward but it isnt going to affect my relationship.

We dont get on because they are a band of idiots, her mum has serious favourites, her oldest son is by far her favourite and gets away with anything he wants, her mum is a chicken shit who is scared of her children and so lets them get away with anything, e.g the oldest son beat the shit out of my girlfriends sister, her mum let him because shes scared of her own son, and he threatend to knock out my girlfriend when she had a go at her mum for being so biased (mummy's boy) i wasnt there and told her if he hit her i was getting the police involved if they dont (hes a grown man who threatens his teenage siblings with violence and spends all his time with his mum, he lives on the same road as her...). Instant bad repuation with their family.

Secondly when i go down there her mum will give me some cash to do her favours e.g go to the shops for her and get something, then she complains afterwards that i use up all their money on petrol!!!!!

You can never get on with a partners family in the long run because they always end up resenting you for pinching their child/sibling.

I understand what you mean completely.

But as of late, they've taken it to a whole new level. They have one of the girls that works as a health aide and helps out with his mom at their house attempting to date him. And they have been putting up facebook statuses directed at me to leave him alone and everything because they're together. It's really just ridiculous.

And he and I talk everynight, and I tell him what they put this time, and he's really just had it with them. He's looking for an apartment behind their backs, and has every intention of cutting ties with them, because they've gone way too far.