Those Eyes

• 3 part short story :)
      [div align='center']
      Those Eyes
      [/div]
      It was over faster than our clothes could find the floor, but I barely noticed. I just wanted to look at you. Watch you suffocate me lovingly with your heated form. I’m glad we chose each other.

You just stared at me long afterwards, your fingers lost in my hair, your eyes misty.

Oh those eyes. They change colour when you cry. I know because I held you now.

‘Why do you have to love so hard Daniel?” I thought, as you lost consciousness with the thought of her; your head against my chest.

I always thought about that night whenever you were close to me. And the fact that no matter how much we fought, loved and cried with others, we always came back to one another to heal. You were so much more important.

‘I have to go’ I whispered, and your eyes snapped open, pleading. I kissed you hard on the mouth. ‘I love you Daniel. Don’t cry another tear until I come back.’

I didn’t want to miss anything.

I always knew we’d be friends. I knew from the moment my mother stood me next to you, shaky on my tiny legs, and you smiled and took my hand. We got closer every day. Not because you made me smile or laugh, or even because I enjoyed your company. But because you had never made me cry unless we cried together, because you never left me unless we were both running away, and because we didn’t have a chance to keep anything from the other; anything secret that we knew of had happened between us.

When I got home I cried. I cried hard. I cried for an hour and twenty minutes, because that’s how long I’d sat there and watched you break. I cried because I knew you loved her, and it had fallen apart. I knew you’d do the same for me.

I broke up with Caden that morning, it had been eleven months. I couldn’t find a moment to tell you. Not so we could be alone together, but because I didn’t have a choice. He asked me.. he said he wanted me to love him the way I feel for you. I told him to leave.

I don’t think I’m hurting.

The phone rang. I picked it up after two rings.

‘Stop crying Lani. Come back home.’ You always called your place home.

I knew you’d call, and you knew I’d come back.
      I am all about me.