Just gotta tell someone. Best to tell the internet.

• Just gotta tell someone. Best to tell the internet.

Once, maybe twice a year (rarely twice) I like a girl. And when I mean like I don't mean just have a thing for her. I like her. A lot. As in have actual feelings. This happens gradually at first but then all of a sudden I realize I like them. Like actually like them. The first or second this time happened I got heartbroken. Literally devastated. However unlike a lot of people, I shove these emotions into a bottle in my mind and keep them in there until they evaporate (I cope by not coping). This or something similar has happened to every girl I've liked. Something has always gone wrong.

However I must confess. I am shy. I never let them know how I actually feel. Don't say "oh you should just tell them". It doesn't work like that. Things are always more complicated. I've never had a relationship. My flings just last a night or two (max has been like 4 days). I've never had a romantic relationship. But since I got broken for the first time about 2 years back I decided not to like anyone too much. I'd keep my distance and shut away emotions that are too strong.

But about a week or two ago I realized that I actually liked a good friend of mine (female). I would never be able to make any kind of move on her besides real casual moves because she is just friendly with everyone and I remember her saying she doesn't like to date friends. Things were going pretty well for a while though. But today I realized I've made the same mistake again. I liked a girl and I shouldn't have. Using my very keen insight and foresight I can see that she and a classmate/semi-friend of mine are going to hook up. To me it's obvious that he has a crush on her (via discrete, but very cheesy yet flirtatious pickup lines). And she REALLY didn't seem to mind it.

So there's no point to this thread. I just wanted to say what's on my mind. I like a girl and am very soon going to begin my normal "get over her" process. Kill all strong emotions and completely detach all romantic feelings toward her. Permanently. I already kind of began it automatically today (my mind does this automatically now). Towards the end of school I realized this. Then I became depressed (but I've gone through this so many times I didn't become as depressed as I have before). Just depressed. And then, nothing. I stopped all thought. I went to work and my mind was empty. My mind was blocking out thoughts. Occasionally thoughts would slip back in, but I'd force them out. So even now as I type this I am in an almost neutral state. It's starting to crack but I almost don't feel.

Once this "incident" ends I am going to make a vow:

To never EVER like a girl that I know personally. To never get attached to any girl for more than a brief period of time (usually max 1 or 2 days, several hours be best). Unless I'd find someone truly amazing that would by some miracle created by the teamwork of an angel and a spawn of satan, like me back.

Ok...nonsense is over...
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Just gotta tell someone. Best to tell the internet.

Oh. My. Fuuuuuucking. God. OMFG. OMFFFFFFG.

I don't even know how to explain this. You're going through the EXACT FUCKING THING I'M GOING THROUGH. oh my god this is weird. same emotions, same everything. i know EXACTLY how you feel. jesus i can't get over this, that someone else has the same emotions that i have. already i'm starting to overcome my semi-depression about this one girl.

so far i've liked 3 girls A LOT. the first one was in grade 6, whom i did not know too well, but i would constantly think about her and everything, and it wasn't even a minor crush. i almost never get minor crushes, only serious mind-consuming crushes. the second one was in grade 9 but she moved away. this year though, there is this new girl who is a year younger than me, and i am totally devoted to her. we were hitting it up pretty well until i saw her flirting with a few other guys and i became totally devasted. i'm still in heavy depression right now, and it feels ridiculous.

try to read the thread: "my predicament" on this page. you seem to know exactly how i feel.

Ready wrote:

Oh. My. Fuuuuuucking. God. OMFG. OMFFFFFFG.

I don't even know how to explain this. You're going through the EXACT FUCKING THING I'M GOING THROUGH. oh my god this is weird. same emotions, same everything. i know EXACTLY how you feel. jesus i can't get over this, that someone else has the same emotions that i have. already i'm starting to overcome my semi-depression about this one girl.

so far i've liked 3 girls A LOT. the first one was in grade 6, whom i did not know too well, but i would constantly think about her and everything, and it wasn't even a minor crush. i almost never get minor crushes, only serious mind-consuming crushes. the second one was in grade 9 but she moved away. this year though, there is this new girl who is a year younger than me, and i am totally devoted to her. we were hitting it up pretty well until i saw her flirting with a few other guys and i became totally devasted. i'm still in heavy depression right now, and it feels ridiculous.

try to read the thread: "my predicament" on this page. you seem to know exactly how i feel.

Yeah. Like I said. I feel very strong emotion for a while. Then deep depression. And then nothing. Just an abyss of nothingness. No emotion. I kill it.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Shute wrote:

Interesting way to go about it.

Rather pessimistic. I like it.

I'm more of a realist I'd say.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

xd18 wrote:

Are you sure its best to tell this to the internet?

Much better than to tell anyone that I actually know. Though me and the internet have been good friends for quite a while now.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Wow lol it sounds like I am reading an biography written about me in the third person.

So this is me: First girl I really liked, asked her to homecoming, at the last minute she "decided not go to". That felt great. Second girl: kind of liked her but she had absolutely no interest in me, and it was clear. Third girl: Liked her, she seemed like she liked me, but a guy went and told her really bad and untrue things about me. So she avoided me like the plague until I was forced to get over her. That one hurt a lot. I just don't get attached to girls now. Not a good idea. They really do fuck you over at any chance they get.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bad news ().

You guys I third your problem. I have always been the type of guy that just doesnt "like" girls, but who tends to develop strong feelings. And rather fast. Although I am pleased to say that I cured myself from that. Or so I thought.

Ask yourselves this. How do I feel when I have a crush?

To me, that was awesome. I felt like I could do anything. I would day dream of her all day. Until, of course, something went wrong and all went down the drain. Then I would feel horribly depressed and frustrated.

Im thinking that is similar to your answer.

You see, I have always had a crush. As in from 2nd Grade to 4th I liked this girl a LOT, then from 4th to 5th another, and then from 6th to now yet another. I only ever hooked up with the last one (6th to now) but only for a while. She became my best friend after it, and remained so until last year.

I hated having a crush all the time like you, because I knew (or rather thought) I would get hurt in the end. Since I still had feelings for this girl I stopped talking to her altogether (since she didnt reciprocate) telling myself that this was the only way to finally stop my romantic curse. And I managed to do so. I havent had a crush since then.

At first it was great, but with time I started to feel down and depressed more often, and I lost the will to do lots of things. I realized I needed to love, even if it could hurt aftwerwards. It was just my nature.

Yet when I tried to fall in love again I saw I just couldn't. My mind refused to let myself be in risk of getting hurt again, i think, now that it knew how to avoid it.

Like you, Knight in Shining Armour, I once almost took up that same oath. Yet, we both know you are going to break it in less than a month, or probably even in less than a week.
      So to you and Ready: What you are going through is common. You both are romantic fellows by nature. But dont blame love for being hurt. Simply try to control your feelings next time. Use the experiences youve had with other crushes. And seriously, you WILL find a girl that likes you back. Believe me. Dont try to fight against your nature, its not the answer.

Plus, you know, being depressed and all negative about it just makes it easier for another girl to talk nicely to you and steal your heart :P

Laundry wrote:

You guys I third your problem. I have always been the type of guy that just doesnt "like" girls, but who tends to develop strong feelings. And rather fast. Although I am pleased to say that I cured myself from that. Or so I thought.

Ask yourselves this. How do I feel when I have a crush?

To me, that was awesome. I felt like I could do anything. I would day dream of her all day. Until, of course, something went wrong and all went down the drain. Then I would feel horribly depressed and frustrated.

Im thinking that is similar to your answer.

You see, I have always had a crush. As in from 2nd Grade to 4th I liked this girl a LOT, then from 4th to 5th another, and then from 6th to now yet another. I only ever hooked up with the last one (6th to now) but only for a while. She became my best friend after it, and remained so until last year.

I hated having a crush all the time like you, because I knew (or rather thought) I would get hurt in the end. Since I still had feelings for this girl I stopped talking to her altogether (since she didnt reciprocate) telling myself that this was the only way to finally stop my romantic curse. And I managed to do so. I havent had a crush since then.

At first it was great, but with time I started to feel down and depressed more often, and I lost the will to do lots of things. I realized I needed to love, even if it could hurt aftwerwards. It was just my nature.

Yet when I tried to fall in love again I saw I just couldn't. My mind refused to let myself be in risk of getting hurt again, i think, now that it knew how to avoid it.

Like you, Knight in Shining Armour, I once almost took up that same oath. Yet, we both know you are going to break it in less than a month, or probably even in less than a week.
      So to you and Ready: What you are going through is common. You both are romantic fellows by nature. But dont blame love for being hurt. Simply try to control your feelings next time. Use the experiences youve had with other crushes. And seriously, you WILL find a girl that likes you back. Believe me. Dont try to fight against your nature, its not the answer.

Plus, you know, being depressed and all negative about it just makes it easier for another girl to talk nicely to you and steal your heart :P

Haha, so many people akin to myself. And there I was thinking that I was the only one.

Laundry wrote:

There's a lot of guys like that. Girls too, of course, but I've noticed it far more in guys. I think it just comes from a certain level of immaturity. Guys that are 15, 16, or whatever are "supposed" to have relationships, but some of them aren't quite mentally/socially/emotionally developed enough yet for it. So that kind of clash and be bad.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Laundry wrote:

Yet, we both know you are going to break it in less than a month, or probably even in less than a week.

Not quite. I only [I][I]like[/I][/I] a girl about once a year. For a long period of time after that I'll have no romantic interest in anyone. And if I saw I was, I'd just create distance between us and almost avoid her. And no one ever knows how I feel or that I am depressed. I don't show it and I don't talk about it. I don't cry either. And I mean never. I can be emotionally devastated or fucked up physically and I don't cry. Haven't for I don't know how many years.
      [/CENTER]

I know how all u guys feel..I have had the same problems, u kno with having the crushes and such, and in the end getting killed by it all when things goo bad. Actually my most resent devastation started yesterday.. At the the beginning of the school year I met this girl in my R.O.T.C class. I mean this girl was gorgeous, could of been the hottest girl in the school easily. I got to know her, and i started sitting with her at lunch, and i even went to a football game and hung out with her..I pretty much fell for her, but one thing was in the way..Even though i only had a a few little hints that might prove that she liked me, i really didn't have a clue. Now im one of those people that dont ask someone out unless im sure that she likes me back and i have even the slightest change of getting a yes. Well anyways i might have waited around to long before making a move, because yesterday i find out that she now has a boyfriend. I've been so down, and probably will be for awhile. But it was my own dumb mistake and now i am paying for it. It really sucks because this is just soo rare to have such a HOT girl even to talk to me, and if to even like me.