liking a guy

• liking a guy

so, there's this guy i like. a lot. like, i haven't left this way towards a guy since my last boyfriend (we dating for about 2 years). but the thing is, this guy has a girlfriend. she keeps deleted/blocking me from his myspace. she's really horrible to him. she talks about him behind his back, she tells people he's a bad boyfriend and says he's done all this crap that he hasn't. whenever he tries to break it off with her, because he knows it's kind of a unhealthy relationship, she guilt trips him and tells all his friends that he wasn't good and that he was only using her - which isn't true! and just treats him like crap..

we talk a whole lot and share a lot of the same interests. but i don't know what to do! it's so confusing and i feel guilty for liking him since he has a girlfriend, even though she treats him with such disrespect.
    • Re: liking a guy

misshaleyyy wrote:

so, there's this guy i like. a lot. like, i haven't left this way towards a guy since my last boyfriend (we dating for about 2 years). but the thing is, this guy has a girlfriend. she keeps deleted/blocking me from his myspace. she's really horrible to him. she talks about him behind his back, she tells people he's a bad boyfriend and says he's done all this crap that he hasn't. whenever he tries to break it off with her, because he knows it's kind of a unhealthy relationship, she guilt trips him and tells all his friends that he wasn't good and that he was only using her - which isn't true! and just treats him like crap..

we talk a whole lot and share a lot of the same interests. but i don't know what to do! it's so confusing and i feel guilty for liking him since he has a girlfriend, even though she treats him with such disrespect.

Hi misshaleyyy,

I understand you like this guy and you must be feeling very attached, and I know also that you care about him and don't agree with the way his girlfriend treats him.

However, unfortunatley for the moment - he is with her, and therefor the way she treats him isn't really your problem.

He obviously likes her or he wouldn't stay or put up with it, I suggest keeping your distance but staying friends.

xx