What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

• Re: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

By the puffed up shoulders, stiff arms, and cocked head, I'd guess he's trying to impress someone. Perhaps the person that may be arousing him. On the subject of his penis, it needs to be hidden.
    "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

This doesn't address anything I said. First, I never said disbelief wasn't belief. Secondly, I don't need the definition of atheism; I know what it is. You didn't answer anything I asked.

Once again this has nothing to do with what I wrote.

You said atheism is not a devoted belief.
    I said it's a devoted belief in no God because it's absolute "no God."

How didn't I address your question?

I never said it did.

The section that reads "generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects" implies there's some kind of council, committee, group, whatever, that sets forth the beliefs of the atheistic religion, but there's obviously no such thing.

Persons or sects.

Atheists have ONE belief: that there is no God. That's the only thing. That doesn't make them a religion. As I've already said, that would mean those who believe in time travel would be a religion, too. Or the people who believe the Earth is flat (they exist). Or the 9/11 conspiracy theorists, etc. Just because belief is involved doesn't make it a religion - even if it's devoted. It can easily be argued those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy are devoted in their beliefs. Does that make them a religion? And where does a belief go from being just a belief to a devoted belief? How does one believe there is no God and how does one devotedly believe there is no God? This whole devotion thing is silly.

Yes, that can most certainly be argued. What's your point?

As for the matter of devotion, it comes down to the difference between Agnosticism and atheism again. You don't believe in God, but you're not sure = Agnosticism. You believe there is absolutely no God = devoted belief. Pretty obvious, broski.

Also, I missed this:

Atheism itself isn't really concerned with the cause, nature and purpose of the Universe. All atheists are really concerned with is if God exists or not. Atheism has no devotional or ritual observances or moral code regarding human affairs.

If you're an atheist, you believe that God most certainly did not create the universe. Thus, it's a polemic belief in the origin of the universe. An atheist doesn't have to believe in the Big Bang or Evolution to be an atheist, but they do have to believe that the universe came about without the intervention of a deity.
    Sweet dreams.

Absolution = devotion?

Yes. If you believe in something absolutely, then you're devoted to that belief.

It seemed your responses were all about devotion and belief, rather than addressing the criteria of the definitions I quoted.

How?

So it just requires two people to agree on something and it becomes a religion?

I dunno why you think that a Religion has to be some organized body of people bowing down to a statue. I don't attend Church and I probably don't share a belief system with a single person I know -- if in the world. Does that mean I don't have a Religion?

My point is no one in their right mind considers time travel to be a religion. Likewise with flat Earth theory or conspiracy theories, yet they all subscribe to at least one of the definitions of religion. Why does atheism get special treatment? Is it because it involves God?

Flat Earthers usually fall under a branch of very weird fundamental Christianity. The atheistic ones believe in it comparable to a religion, yes.

If someone believes in time travel to the extent of absolutism, then yes, it could be considered a Religion. It depends on the level and severity of their beliefs in the particular subject. Scientology, anyone?

The major difference, however, being in the nature of it. If it's transcribed into one's belief core and it affects your entire perception of the world around you, then yes, it's a Religion. Atheism falls under that category because whether implicitely or explicitly, atheism is a part of your belief core and follows your perceptoin of the world around you. Something like "gravity exists" doesn't really fall under this category because it's not really anything that effects our perception (though it could.) Unless, of course, you're a Flat Earther, in which case, it would.

I disagree. I think devotion means there's an active effort put into one's beliefs. You can be an atheist and you can also be a devoted atheist; it's just an adjective. I do agree with the definition of agnosticism. I wouldn't consider myself to be a devoted atheist and none of the atheists I know would either, which is significant number of people. That's kind of the awesome part of being an atheist; you don't have to do anything. But in any case, even if it was a devoted belief, that doesn't automatically make it a religion.

Except if you believe in something absolutely, then it's devotion.

Atheism has no "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature and purpose of the Universe". But yes, atheists obviously have to believe it wasn't created by a deity. I don't see how that makes it a religion. Furthermore, there are no "devotional and ritual observances" in atheism or "a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs".

You agreed that belief = disbelief. Ergo, believing that a supreme deity absolutely had no effect in it falls under that category. And most atheists fall under two categories:

1. The universe is as it always was.

2. Big Bang Theory > Planet Formation > Abiogenesis > Evolution > Tada.

This, of course, is not everyone, but it's significant enough to apply.

And notice that it says "usually" and "often"? That doesn't mean always.
    Sweet dreams.

I have found this:

-----> SAME-SEX RELATIONSHIPS IN THE BIBLE: CONSERVATIVE AND LIBERAL VIEWPOINTS

So therefore, homosexuality is not a sin!
    The bible has been edited, and everything you have ever been told has been nothing but a great, big lie!
    Win! :chairdance:

Been a pleasure trolling with ya!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tomb ().

Ever since the gay liberation, the homosexual agenda attempts to recruit younger and more susceptible people. Even though one may not remember making a "conscience" decision about being gay, he or she did at one point in life.

We know genetics play a role in personality, and recent studies have found strong links between extreme genetic mutations and homosexuality. One may be more susceptible to accepting homosexuality than others.

The Bible, in many ways, treats homosexuality as a sin. Does this mean a homosexual is damned to Hell? No. We all make choices, we all make mistakes. It's who we are as an entity with free will. Those who choose the path of God and attempt to stick with it will go to Heaven, and those that are constantly rebelling against God and his ways will be damned to Hell.

I'm not only against homosexuality as a person but also religiously. I believe the deity that created the world we live in meant for a man with a penis to reproduce with a woman with a vagina.

Steven wrote:

Ever since the gay liberation, the homosexual agenda attempts to recruit younger and more susceptible people. Even though one may not remember making a "conscience" decision about being gay, he or she did at one point in life.
    Couldn't the same be said for religion? It's used on kids with they're young and susceptible?

I haven't seen the gay rights movement "recruiting" anybody. Most people I know of that accept homosexuality base that belief on their own findings.

So people do choose to be homosexual, they just don't remember when they made that decision?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Steven wrote:

Ever since the gay liberation, the homosexual agenda attempts to recruit younger and more susceptible people. Even though one may not remember making a "conscious" decision about being gay, he or she did at one point in life.

Sorry bro. If one is not aware/does not remember, I doubt it can truly be considered conscious.

Steven wrote:

We know genetics play a role in personality, and recent studies have found strong links between extreme genetic mutations and homosexuality. One may be more susceptible to accepting homosexuality than others.

OMGWTFBBQ...BBQ...sauce?

Steven wrote:

The Bible, in many ways, treats homosexuality as a sin. Does this mean a homosexual is damned to Hell? No. We all make choices, we all make mistakes. It's who we are as an entity with free will. Those who choose the path of God and attempt to stick with it will go to Heaven, and those that are constantly rebelling against God and his ways will be damned to Hell.

Actually, according to Biblical fundamentalists, only those who accept Christ as their "personal Savior" go to Heaven, and everyone else fries. On paper, Christ's forgiveness is applicable to any and all sins, and the Bible even states that no sin is any more or less severe than any other. This would seem to include homosexuality as well, but most nutcase fundamentalists would adamantly deny this, and almost always slam homosexuality as a disgusting, unforgivable abomination. Then there are the Christians who do associate with homos, but only to put them through a "gay recovery program" to cure the gayness as if it were alcoholism or drug addiction.

My mother is a good example of an extreme fundamentalist. She goes to church twice on Sunday, to a "women's Bible study" on Wednesday nights, and has regular Biblical devotional readings and prayer. She refers to non-Christians as "lost people" and, like many of her ilk, yammer all day long about how we need Christ's forgiveness and everyone is equally a sinner, but when it comes to homosexuality, OH DEAR LORD NO! Now THAT is just TOO disgusting! I remember a couple of years ago I mentioned something about a gay pride demonstration at Six Flags, and my mom sneered a little and said, "That's disgusting. Take out the letter 'L' and change it to 'Sick' and it'd be more fitting." This is the same devoutly religious person who was constantly reminding me not to judge people because "Christ is our judge." Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh......

Steven wrote:

I'm not only against homosexuality as a person but also religiously. I believe the deity that created the world we live in meant for a man with a penis to reproduce with a woman with a vagina.

So why would he create a genetic inclination to homosexuality, and then condemn it as a sin?

Don't get me wrong, vagina feels good man, but I don't get why straight people trip out so much over homo/bisexuality, or honestly why people even care. If I were a devout Christian who believed I'd be going to Heaven, why would I honestly care about what the faggots do to each other? Ultimately they're going to burn in brimstone while I prance down the golden streets wearing my crown, and chillax with Jesus and Abraham and Moses. Amirite?

Dr. Drew wrote:

Don't get me wrong, vagina feels good man, but I don't get why straight people trip out so much over homo/bisexuality, or honestly why people even care. If I were a devout Christian who believed I'd be going to Heaven, why would I honestly care about what the faggots do to each other? Ultimately they're going to burn in brimstone while I prance down the golden streets wearing my crown, and chillax with Jesus and Abraham and Moses. Amirite?

No you are not right. There is no heaven and hell. It's all a goddamn lie! When you die, your hearts stops beating and you decompose. Nothing more.

Plus anyway, most Christians do no have a response to the argument "If God hates homosexuality, why did he create it?"
    If they do, it is some bullshit that God is testing you or he did not create homosexuality, we humans figured it out for ourselves.
    Well, response to that:
    1. God could test you, yes. But is years of unhappiness worth this theory of eternal salvation in heaven? How do you even know heaven exists? How do you even know God exists? Exactly! You don't. It is all based on credulity and faith (which go hand in hand). I'm sorry, but science is my god. If you can't prove it scientifically, it does not exist.

2. Yes, we humans have figured it out ourselves. We are sexual creatures. There will be experimentation. And yes, some will argue that sex is for procreation and that only men and women must have sex to reproduce, therefore homosexuality is wrong. Guess what? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!! Seriously, there are enough people in this world, some that don't even deserve the life they are given. And you are bitching about why men can't love other men. Seriously, I'd rather be gay than bring another little shit into this world.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

Tombgeek wrote:

No you are not right. There is no heaven and hell. It's all a goddamn lie! When you die, your hearts stops beating and you decompose. Nothing more.....[rantrantrantrantrantrantrant...]

I was speaking facetiously sir.

Dr. Drew wrote:

The bolded parts are the key words which serve to indicate that I was using a tongue-in-cheek scenario to illustrate my point.

BattleForTheSun wrote:

Dude. Why steal my line?

Excusez-moi monsieur.

But I am afraid I thought of that line before you. Remember; you, Kandy and I were talking outside Miss Donaldson's class. I said that and you were like:
    "Yeah!" then you gave me a high five. Don't try and impress the people on Teenhut, because you fail.

gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/epic-fail.jpg

blogs.saschina.org/oliver01pd2…nal-poster-1206344902.jpg

dustwave.net/zooi/epic_fail3.jpg

:rofl:

Tombgeek wrote:

Excusez-moi monsieur.
    . Don't try and impress the people on Teenhut, because you fail.
    -Doos.

Who's trying to impress people?
    Filthy hypocrite.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

The post was edited 2 times, last by BattleForTheSun ().

BattleForTheSun wrote:

-Doos.

Who's trying to impress people?
    Filthy hypocrite.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
    . . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I'm not trying to impress anybody.
    I know it is hard to accept I beat you at something, including but not limited to our I.T. tests.
    And cool facepalm man (you very did not get that off Google). :rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

moot wrote:

I was speaking facetiously sir.

The bolded parts are the key words which serve to indicate that I was using a tongue-in-cheek scenario to illustrate my point.

I know...I just quoted from you because I wanted to get a small point across. I was not talking to you.

Tombgeek wrote:

I'm not trying to impress anybody.
    I know it is hard to accept I beat you at something, including but not limited to our I.T. tests.
    And cool facepalm man (you very did not get that off Google). :rofl:

Again. filthy hypocrite.
    Really. If you must know, I beat you in the first one and you, me in the second. So I really don't see your point.
    Maybe you are just going through one of those phases again Araujo, and I forgive you.

EDIT: Was I frustrated because I couldn't get the code right in the test on Friday?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by BattleForTheSun ().

DamnImGood wrote:

Learn to quote.

Hehe.
    Yeah Oscar, learn to quote.
    Most of the people here do not know what doos means anyway.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

BattleForTheSun wrote:

Again. filthy hypocrite.
    Really. If you must know, I beat you in the first one and you, me in the second. So I really don't see your point.
    Maybe you are just going through one of those phases again Araujo, and I forgive you.

Tisk tisk tisk.

And yes, you were.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

Tombgeek wrote:

Hehe.
    Yeah Oscar, learn to quote.
    Most of the people here do not know what doos means anyway.

Yea Araujo, learn to read. I edited it last night, yet you are posting this in the morning.

Doos means 'Box' literally or brick. It implies you are thick and/or a fucktard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perhaps you could not read. LEARN. TO. READ.
    And yes, I DO play DotA, I don't see why you have to attack me because of that.
    I don't troll every second sentence about how you wank to Lara Croft do I?
    If you DO want me to attack you, I have got much, much ammunition than you have Araujo.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]