?

• So about a week ago, I started texting this guy, Quintin, that's in a few of my classes. We're pretty flirty, but we're juss messing around. I doubt anything would ever happen between us. I mean, I have a boyfriend, plus Quintin isn't really my type. Anyway, about 2days after I started talking to him, my friend Lauren asks me ferr his numberr. I give it to her and she's been texting him too. She says he's the same way with her, flirting and saying dirty things, as he is with me. She told me today to back off cuz I have a boyfriend and Quintin's "her's". Need I remind you, she is NOT in a relationship with him, and it's not MY fault he says stuff to me. She's like "Yerr leading him on Tricia! God, I like him! Stop!" I am NOT doing anythinggg.

Why's she so jealous? I know I have a boyfriend, I also know NOTHING will happen between Quintin and me, we're juss messin aroundd!

And why did I start feeling horrible about the fact that they're going to the movies together on Sunday? I juss, like, got this feeling in the pit of my stomach like I was being left out err somethingg. I dunno.

I'm really confused right noww.

Ohh, one more question, how can I convince Lauren that there's nothing wrong with how Quintin and I talk? Cuz I like talking to him lol. And I don't wanna have to stop juss cuz she's jealous cuz she likes him.

So yeahh, please helpp(:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Generally, if you want to keep talking to him, you should probably treat him like someone you've never met before, no flirting or any of that stuff. The point of having a boyfriend is to be committed, and act committed, so flirting with another guy = no. Just me guessing, you might really just be jealous that she's going with him, when you're the one that introduced him to her, that sort of thing. What I would do, is tell Lauren that you know you have a boyfriend, and you're not interested in him, then just leave it at that, and don't act flirty with him.
    • Yeah, I agree with the first reply; a relationship means you're committed and exclusive with that one person, which means NO flirting or talking dirty.
      And your feeling does sound like jealousy, you probably like this guy more than you know, whereas if you want to be happy with your boyfriend, you WOULD back off.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]
    • First point, you have a boyfriend. Stop messing around. Even though you know nothing would happen between you and Quintin guy, it is your duty as a girlfriend to be faithful to your boyfriend.

Second point, I think your friend is misunderstanding things, or is just plain possessive. She's insecure because she knows he flirts with you too. She's using the "you already have a boyfriend" line as a weapon. You don't need to stop talking to Quintin, but make boundaries clear. Straight out when he starts being flirty.

Third point, your friend can be in a real mess right now. If Quintin knows you already have a boyfriend, he shouldn't be flirting with you in the first place. If he's that kind of guy, even your friend should steer clear of him.

Fourth point, talk privately with your friend about it, firmly and clearly. Advice her to stay away from Quintin if he's destructive. If she says that you just want him for yourself, let her. She'll realize that you're right and she'll go back thanking you.
      [SIZE=2]It doesn't matter what people say. Believe in yourself and you'll fly high. It only matters how true you are. Be true to yourself and follow your heart.
      [/SIZE]