too real to tell if i like her?

• too real to tell if i like her?

i've been out on a few dates but when i'm with a girl it's very real and i can't tell what i feel. i've had a crush on a few girls but i never said anything. that i knew but it was also in my head.

so when i'm around girls my brain shuts down or something. it's real. i'm just there and i don't really feel anything. is it supposed to be that way? do you go out more than a few times and like someone? it's like a deer in highlights thing i think.

should i like a girl first without saying anything and then ask her out? or should i ask a girl out without feeling anything except thinking she's ok and i'll see what happens? that seems a little unfair to her too.
    • Re: too real to tell if i like her?

i'm still concerned about this. i don't know exactly how to describe it. when i saw a girl i kind of liked and then went and actually talked to her i just felt nothing. my brain was like, whoa this is very real and she's just another person.

i also met someone in person from an online personal ad. turned out to be a disappointment. i think maybe i should only try to talk to girls i met first in real life.