Pissed off...

• Re: Pissed off...

Bah don't have ana abortion, to me that is selfish wort of?

Think if your mum decided to get you aborted, yuo wouldn't be sat here now writing adivse to her would you?

Having an abortion to me is murder, the baby may not be fully grown but it's getting there!!

Keep this kid, you'll be fine, keepa strong head on and do your best and with your parents helpign you thats better!

Pixelated wrote:

Bah don't have ana abortion, to me that is selfish wort of?

Think if your mum decided to get you aborted, yuo wouldn't be sat here now writing adivse to her would you?

Having an abortion to me is murder, the baby may not be fully grown but it's getting there!!

Keep this kid, you'll be fine, keepa strong head on and do your best and with your parents helpign you thats better!

If my mom decided to not have sex then I wouldn't be here either. So is not having sex "selfish murder" too?
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

Kevmo7 wrote:

that whole argument in general is pointless, its like saying: "when I jay walked today I could have been hit, then I wouldnt be here"

Choices > Decision > Result

Okay...
      I don't see how that invalidates my argument.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

bad news wrote:

Okay...
      I don't see how that invalidates my argument.

Because it is basically arguing for the sake of arguing. The whole "abortion is murder" thing stems from the fact that some people believe that once the egg is fertilized it should be considered a human life and aborting it would be murder, but your argument on the other had is just pointless. If your parents never had sex, no egg would have been fertilized and thus no need for an abortion if they so chose. So your argument that "not having sex is selfish murder" is pointless and holds no water.

(No offense to you, just pointing out where your argument is flawed, it is by no means a reflection of you, this is just a statement, and contains no opinions.)
      What I should have said was...Nothing!

alfaspider06 wrote:

Because it is basically arguing for the sake of arguing. The whole "abortion is murder" thing stems from the fact that some people believe that once the egg is fertilized it should be considered a human life and aborting it would be murder, but your argument on the other had is just pointless. If your parents never had sex, no egg would have been fertilized and thus no need for an abortion if they so chose. So your argument that "not having sex is selfish murder" is pointless and holds no water.

(No offense to you, just pointing out where your argument is flawed, it is by no means a reflection of you, this is just a statement, and contains no opinions.)
      Not really. Since he was responding specifically to this part of the post: "Think if your mum decided to get you aborted, yuo wouldn't be sat here now writing adivse to her would you?" his argument still holds true. Had he been addressing the "abortion is murder" argument, then yes, you'd be correct. But she said that if his mum had decided to get an abortion, he wouldn't be here. And if his mum had chosen to not to have sex, he also wouldn't be here. Therefore his argument remains valid, as long as he doesn't bring in the killing of the actual fetus, which he didn't.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Not really. Since he was responding specifically to this part of the post: "Think if your mum decided to get you aborted, yuo wouldn't be sat here now writing adivse to her would you?" his argument still holds true. Had he been addressing the "abortion is murder" argument, then yes, you'd be correct. But she said that if his mum had decided to get an abortion, he wouldn't be here. And if his mum had chosen to not to have sex, he also wouldn't be here. Therefore his argument remains valid, as long as he doesn't bring in the killing of the actual fetus, which he didn't.

~Maggot

But in his post he said that not having sex was "selfish murder too". So by saying that he is equating not having sex to abortion which is equal to arguing for the sake of arguing. Had he not included the "not having sex is selfish murder" part of his original statement then, yes his argument could still be considerd valid, although it would be a stretch.
      What I should have said was...Nothing!

alfaspider06 wrote:

Because it is basically arguing for the sake of arguing. The whole "abortion is murder" thing stems from the fact that some people believe that once the egg is fertilized it should be considered a human life and aborting it would be murder,

In case you haven't noticed, people will believe some pretty wacky stuff.

but your argument on the other had is just pointless.

No, it actually has a valid point. What you know as "me" did not develop until the third trimester, because the feti do not have brains. So, my body was developing in the first and second trimester, but I was not, because "I" am who I am mentally. So in both instances, I was not born. Its essentially the same thing.

If your parents never had sex, no egg would have been fertilized and thus no need for an abortion if they so chose. So your argument that "not having sex is selfish murder" is pointless and holds no water.

Yes, it does. If my parents did not have sex, I would not have been born. If my parents did not have sex, I wouldn't have been born. I really don't see much of a difference. A fertilized egg is not a person.

I know. This debate obviously isn't personal.

alfaspider06 wrote:

But in his post he said that not having sex was "selfish murder too". So by saying that he is equating not having sex to abortion which is equal to arguing for the sake of arguing. Had he not included the "not having sex is selfish murder" part of his original statement then, yes his argument could still be considerd valid, although it would be a stretch.
      Since he was pointing out the fact that both things (abortion and not having sex) had the same outcome, asking if it was selfish murder too was only driving the point home. Whether or not the fetus is actually being "killed" is a matter of opinion, so comparing the two isn't entirely baseless.

I wish I could say what I'm thinking better, but I feel really, really fucking sick right now, and I just woke up. Sorry yeah, there's no hope for that. BUT IT MAKES SENSE IN MY HEAD, HONEST.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]